Mrs carter has passed

Normally I would be really sad about a First Lady's passing.....but I've talked to a guy who worked in the White House when the Carters took over from Ford.....and he said that the Carter's were not very nice people. He was in White House communications....and was the same MOS that I was before I went SF.

I was monitoring the radio while at the JSOTF on the US Embassy in Mogadishu Somalia in 93'.

He said that "It was like a cold wind coming down the hall to the West Wing when Jimmy or Rosalyne was coming."

"You were to speak only when spoken too."

This was kind of a shock to me when I heard it, because I always believed the nice image that the media presented about Jimmy and the First Lady.

I think this comes from Jimmy being a Southern Peanut Farmer in Georgia.....when he grew up during the Depression....the people living in the big White House at the top of the hill were treated like VIPs everywhere in town. Everyone else in town was Middle-Class working folks or poor folks digging in the dirt or working the fields.

Last edited:
The Carter Secret Service gig is nearly at it's closing chapter. I believe there are overwhelming elderly spouse die relatively soon after losing his or her partners so being 99.....not much reaching here.
no....but a long detail for the SS , bet they've a few stories ....~S~

Normally I would be really sad about a First Lady's passing.....but I've talked to a guy who worked in the White House when the Carters took over from Ford.....and he said that the Carter's were not very nice people. He was in White House communications....and was the same MOS that I was before I went SF.

I was monitoring the radio while at the JSOTF in Mogadishu Somalia Embassy in 93'.

He said that "It was like a cold wind coming down the hall to the West Wing when Jimmy or Rosalyne was coming."

"You were to speak only when spoken too."

This was kind of a shock to me when I heard it, because I always believed the nice image that the media presented about Jimmy and the First Lady.

I think this comes from Jimmy being a Southern Peanut Farmer in Georgia.....when he grew up during the Depression....the people living in the big White House at the top of the hill were treated like VIPs everywhere in town. Everyone else in town was Middle-Class working folks or poor folks digging in the dirt or working the fields.

Real classy.

She was a strong advocate for good mental health. I wish her husband and daughter peace and understanding at this time. Any negative stories about them while at the WhiteHouse I would attribute to them not putting up with slacker B.S. by those employed there.

1700428056916.png

Forum List

Back