mountain men.....reality tv?

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
so last night i am flipping around the tube...when i see this show.....about mountain men....and i hit info....it says one of the men is from nc....i assume they are talking abotu down around panther town and all...but no its turtle island.....they showed a bear...a snake...all these scarey things....the dude is talking about how the rain will keep them from planting khale and they have provisions for the winter....so on and so for...

the reality:

Turtle Island Preserve - Official Site

Eustace Conway is the man behind the curtain....what a fucking hoot.....

hell the bear and snake even scared me.....

I watch it every week. I can't believe how hard these guys work. They had one guy in Alaska with a broken snow mobile. He had to walk ten miles home in the dark for the new motor and drag it back the next morning to fix it. Jeezus.

so last night i am flipping around the tube...when i see this show.....about mountain men....and i hit info....it says one of the men is from nc....i assume they are talking abotu down around panther town and all...but no its turtle island.....they showed a bear...a snake...all these scarey things....the dude is talking about how the rain will keep them from planting khale and they have provisions for the winter....so on and so for...

the reality:

I checked that out too. They said one guy was living near the KY, TN border or somewhere like that, and I immediately thought of you. Is it really that remote back in there? Isn't there a town at least every 10 miles or so? I don't see anyone living outside the Rockies or Alaska as a "mountain man."

the reality:

I checked that out too. They said one guy was living on near the KY, TN border or somewhere like that, and I immediately thought of you. Is it really that remote back in there? Isn't there a town at least every 10 miles or so? I don't see anyone living outside the Rockies or Alaska as a "mountain man."

Wait, you're saying this isn't real? Shit. This is the History channel. :eusa_eh:

no its not that remote....if you watch carefully when they scan the skyline....look to the left and you will see a 10 story high rise condo building called sugar top...they sell firewood to locals...how hard to you think it is to get back there?

no its not that remote....if you watch carefully when they scan the skyline....look to the left and you will see a 10 story high rise condo building called sugar top...they sell firewood to locals...how hard to you think it is to get back there?

I'm crushed.

I think they're trying to hard with some of these "reality shows." They're looking pretty pathetic.

Bring back "Hogan's Heroes" and "The Man From Uncle."

You should watch Lizard Lick Towing. That's in North Carolina too, not too far from Raleigh, I think. That show is chock full of crazy rednecks. It's hilarious.

Have you seen Swamp People? Ever since the success of Hatfields and McCoys, I've seen a bunch of these come on the scene. Back country interest.

You should watch Lizard Lick Towing. That's in North Carolina too, not too far from Raleigh, I think. That show is chock full of crazy rednecks. It's hilarious.

That must be on Bravo or some other channel. I just looked to record it and couldn't find it on The History Channel.

You know that stuff is all fake don't you?

I mean ALL those shows on TruTV (except maybe World Dumbest Criminals, because that's from Police Dash Cams and Security Footage) are FAKE.

You tube is all over this. They have fights and the microphones that are on the guys that they are fighting are exposed.

I mean there are LAWS that repo people have to observe. You can't fight and do all that stuff they show on tht show. It's as fake as wrestling.

Hardcore Pawn is the same way. Just type in "hardcore pawn fake" into youtube to get the videos of microphones falling out during fights and stuff like that. It's FAKE!

None of that stuff is real.

That must be on Bravo or some other channel. I just looked to record it and couldn't find it on The History Channel.

I think it's on Tru TV?

You know that stuff is all fake don't you?

I mean ALL those shows on TruTV (except maybe World Dumbest Criminals, because that's from Police Dash Cams and Security Footage) are FAKE.

You tube is all over this. They have fights and the microphones that are on the guys that they are fighting are exposed.

I mean there are LAWS that repo people have to observe. You can't fight and do all that stuff they show on tht show. It's as fake as wrestling.

Hardcore Pawn is the same way. Just type in "hardcore pawn fake" into youtube to get the videos of microphones falling out during fights and stuff like that. It's FAKE!

None of that stuff is real.

No, I did not think the ones on the History channel were fake.

okay i broke down and looked at the map....they are just at the top of the hill...apparently with a drive way they dont maintain...it is by no means remote

Forum List

Back