Most popular Lynyrd Skynyrd song?

What is the most popular Lynyrd Skynyrd song?

• Total voters
Best is one thing. Popular is another. While Sweet Home Alabama may be liked by everyone in America (except Neil Young), and is played to death by radio stations, and has a more recognizable sound, Freebird is really much more musical, and thus "better" in that respect"

Freebird has a really long and sensational played solo, and is probably Lynyrd Skynyrd's best song.

Back in the 80s, my band played both songs about 1000 times, over 11 years. I played lead guitar on Freebird, and modulated in and out of Allen Collins' riffs mixed with my own riffs. No matter how long my solo would go (once it was 8 minutes long) the crowd always loved it. They just loved LS and the song.

No doubt it's Fee Burr!

How can anyone over 30 not know this?

My fave is "I ain't the one" but Free Bird is the most popular.

Both tunes give me 'ants in my pants', as in I cannot sit still.

The message conveyed, as well as outstanding guitar work in Free Bird never becomes old, stale or boring.

SHA is a great tune, though in my mind Free Bird is more of a classic.

Thanks for sharing, Billo.

Peace.

I saw them the first time in Savannah GA in '77 (I think). I know it was before the plane crash. A bunch of us drove over from Tuscaloosa and "camped" at the home of the brother of one of the guys. Crazy weekend. And an absolutely amazing concert.

Being from Alabama, I have always seen 'Sweet Home Alabama' as an anthem and perfect song for those wild years.

Best is one thing. Popular is another. While Sweet Home Alabama may be liked by everyone in America (except Neil Young), and is played to death by radio stations, and has a more recognizable sound, Freebird is really much more musical, and thus "better" in that respect"

Freebird has a really long and sensational played solo, and is probably Lynyrd Skynyrd's best song.

Back in the 80s, my band played both songs about 1000 times, over 11 years. I played lead guitar on Freebird, and modulated in and out of Allen Collins' riffs mixed with my own riffs. No matter how long my solo would go (once it was 8 minutes long) the crowd always loved it. They just loved LS and the song.

Freebird reminds me of the bands I was in in college. We did versions of some songs that lasted almost half an hour. Fast, Loud, Fun.----- only we weren't always so good.

Back in the high school days my buddies did a mean cover of this tune, great times listening to them jam out in my friends basement, drinking beer and having fun.

New Topics

Forum List

Back