Most Democrats Do Not Want To Safeguard Our Democracy

Independentthinker

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2015
Most Democrats are in favor of getting rid of Democracy while a select few understand that “Eliminating the 60-vote threshold will simply guarantee that we lose a critical tool that we need to safeguard our democracy from threats in the years to come”. Thank you Kyrsten Sinema and Joe Manchin (and a few others lurking in the shadows) for truly wanting to protect our democracy and from having to endure endless policy and law flip flops every single time the balance of power changes. Thank you Kyrsten and Joe for trying to save us from ourselves and fighting for true bipartisanship instead of the one party take all rule Democrats favor. And, for some reason I can't even fathom, Democrats should be but aren't thanking them from saving the Democratic party from what would happen after the midterms. With Democrats jumping off the Titanic in record numbers knowing themselves that they will be going back to being the minority party soon, you'd think they wouldn't want to be eliminating the filibuster right now as Harry Reid had gone nuclear years ago and it came back to bite them in the ass.

Most Democrats are in favor of getting rid of Democracy while a select few understand that “Eliminating the 60-vote threshold will simply guarantee that we lose a critical tool that we need to safeguard our democracy from threats in the years to come”. Thank you Kyrsten Sinema and Joe Manchin (and a few others lurking in the shadows) for truly wanting to protect our democracy and from having to endure endless policy and law flip flops every single time the balance of power changes. Thank you Kyrsten and Joe for trying to save us from ourselves and fighting for true bipartisanship instead of the one party take all rule Democrats favor. And, for some reason I can't even fathom, Democrats should be but aren't thanking them from saving the Democratic party from what would happen after the midterms. With Democrats jumping off the Titanic in record numbers knowing themselves that they will be going back to being the minority party soon, you'd think they wouldn't want to be eliminating the filibuster right now as Harry Reid had gone nuclear years ago and it came back to bite them in the ass.

Funny! Major PROJECTION thread. Democrats are desperately trying to "safeguard our democracy" - while NaziCon Republicans are doing the exact opposite!

Say, when the senate votes on the next Supreme Court justice will the filibuster be in place?

If not, why?

Say, when the senate votes on the next Supreme Court justice will the filibuster be in place?

If not, why?
LOL. Are you trying to totally ignore the fact that it was Harry Reid who taught us how to use the nuclear option? Have you totally forgotten that when Trump was president and pressured Mitch McConnell to eliminate the filibuster and go nuclear on everything, McConnell refused, when he probably had the power to do it? I not only want the filibuster kept in the Senate, but I would love to see something happen in the House where neither party could abuse their power for political advantage with a simple majority vote of 218-217.

The filibuster has little to do with "democracy," and neither does the Senate itself, as we all know.

The filibuster mimics the super-majority requirement for passage of Constitutional Amendments by ensuring that EARTH-SHAKING CHANGES to laws are not enacted by a microscopic majority in the Senate. Because that majority could always evaporate in a matter of months with the next election.

It is simply good policy, nothing more.

LOL. Are you trying to totally ignore the fact that it was Harry Reid who taught us how to use the nuclear option? Have you totally forgotten that when Trump was president and pressured Mitch McConnell to eliminate the filibuster and go nuclear on everything, McConnell refused, when he probably had the power to do it? I not only want the filibuster kept in the Senate, but I would love to see something happen in the House where neither party could abuse their power for political advantage with a simple majority vote of 218-217.
Answer the question.

Stop making excuses

Answer the question.

Stop making excuses
Did you not even read what I wrote? Apparently you don't have an answer to what I wrote.

let's try this the easy way. Answer the following two questions:

1. Did Harry Reid teach us how to go nuclear and change the filibuster rules?

2. Did Mitch McConnell, when he had the power, listen to Trump and get rid of the filibuster for everything so that Republicans could push through anything they wanted?

That's the new democrat rallying cry "they are trying to destroy democracy".

If it isn't racism, climate change, Jan 6th then it's destroying democracy. When the reality of it is the only ones trying to destroy democracy is them. Just like they say all Republicans are racist yet they are the only racists out there.

The filibuster has little to do with "democracy," and neither does the Senate itself, as we all know.

The filibuster mimics the super-majority requirement for passage of Constitutional Amendments by ensuring that EARTH-SHAKING CHANGES to laws are not enacted by a microscopic majority in the Senate. Because that majority could always evaporate in a matter of months with the next election.

It is simply good policy, nothing more.

Democracies are tyrannical by nature. Our laws and constitution are meant to protect the minority, which is what a Senate with equal representation does and what a filibuster does. And a veto too. AND the electoral college too

Did you not even read what I wrote? Apparently you don't have an answer to what I wrote.

let's try this the easy way. Answer the following two questions:

1. Did Harry Reid teach us how to go nuclear and change the filibuster rules?

2. Did Mitch McConnell, when he had the power, listen to Trump and get rid of the filibuster for everything so that Republicans could push through anything they wanted?
1. No, the filibuster has been changed about 181 times and long before Harry Reid changed it for one thing.

2. Sen. Turtle from KY changed it for the things that he wanted. Did he not?

So, answer the question.

1. No, the filibuster has been changed about 181 times and long before Harry Reid changed it for one thing.

2. Sen. Turtle from KY changed it for the things that he wanted. Did he not?

So, answer the question.
I have never heard of a Senator Turtle. Is that your way of showing tolerance of others?

So, you're saying that Trump calling people names is disgusting but you should be able to do it because you are a member of the tolerant party.
I am president?

Supposedly being held to a higher standard than a common drunk at the bar.

Forum List

Back