Most Americans say tax rich to balance budget: poll

No. I am just going to say that people need to be aware of the second option: Cutting spending.

Considering half of you pretend that this option doesn't exist, i think it's safe to say that most people aren't informed about this.

No. I am just going to say that people need to be aware of the second option: Cutting spending.

Considering half of you pretend that this option doesn't exist, i think it's safe to say that most people aren't informed about this.

Did you read the entire facking link? Spending cuts were also proposed, but the number one option was taxing the rich.

Most Americans are stupid too. There are not enough rich people to tax to balance the budget or even come close. LOL!

Last edited:
according to a 60 Minutes/Vanity Fair poll
thats all you needed to read to know this poll is fucked up SOMEWHERE

i'd like to see the poll data and not just what was reported from it

Those people are there to balance out the idiots who think cutting spending is the only option.

We all know we can't cut spending without impoverishing the people, and removing their liberty! What simpletons!

it'll take cutting spending, raising more tax revenues/raising taxes, and an EXCELLENT economy to get us out of this mess....and even then, it will still be a monumental hurdle.

it'll take cutting spending, raising more tax revenues/raising taxes, and an EXCELLENT economy to get us out of this mess....and even then, it will still be a monumental hurdle.
Perhaps when the dollar has tanked and the economic depression becomes palatable, however not until then will these spendthrift psychopaths balance the budget.

Last edited:
Most (intelligent) Americans would ask a few questions about the poll before they regurgitated crap. Why am I not surprised that Fail&Won'tGo lacks the intellect and intellectual honesty to even think of the questions, yet alone ask them.

Idiot.

That's why you're smart. Intelligent people know that "taxing the rich" is not going to fix jack shit. That's the tv generation answer - the idiot fix.

Last edited:

Well, you gotta admit the poll got one thing right: Washington needs to be fixed more that Haiti.

Asked which part of the world they would fix first, the largest proportion of respondents -- 36 percent -- chose Washington, compared with 23 percent who picked the Middle East and 14 percent who chose Haiti.

Sixty-one percent of Americans polled would rather see taxes for the wealthy increased as a first step to tackling the deficit, the poll showed.

The next most popular way -- chosen by 20 percent -- was to cut defense spending.

And yet what are BOTH PARTIES doing?

Cutting taxes and INCREASING SPENDING/

Sooner or later some of you true blue or red partisans are going to realize what tools you've been.

When it happens, don't beat yourselves up about it.

You've been brainwashed your whole damned lives by experts.

Pretty much every reality based thinker on this board was once also a partisan of one of the two parties, too.

Sixty-one percent of Americans polled would rather see taxes for the wealthy increased as a first step to tackling the deficit, the poll showed.

The next most popular way -- chosen by 20 percent -- was to cut defense spending.

Sooner or later some of you true blue or red partisans are going to realize what tools you've been.

Pretty much every reality based thinker on this board was once also a partisan of one of the two parties, too.

Are you saying that the randomly chosen respondants somehow escaped brainwashing?

I don't see how you distinguish between "brainwashed partisans" and the "respondants to the poll."

Considering the question and percentage regarding fixing US, Haiti, and some other 3rd world country question, I'm not taking the poll too seriously. Not that any poll, regardless of reliability is any more than a snapshot in time.

Who does this 'you' in 'you've been brainwashed...' represent?

Who does this 'you' in 'you've been brainwashed...' represent?

:eusa_eh:

I assumed he meant just you, Caligurl.

Forum List

Back