Mormon girl comes out as gay in church. The church cuts her mic...

Probably not the wisest place to decide to come out

Actually, I couldn't think of a better place. Churches are the breeding place for homophobia. I usually have a lot of criticism of corporate America, but the fact is, most places will fire you if you blurt out homophobic slurs.

Make the Churches own their hate.

Nobody cares about your own hate.

She's right on one thing, God loves her but He doesn't approve of her sin

Naw, man, I had a rap session with God last night, and He told me He was totally cool with the gays. He also doesn't know how that prohibition on shellfish got in the Bible, because God totally love him some shrimp cocktails.

Shrimp.jpg

You want the be a Mormon? Then you can't be gay. It is their rules and their ideals. They had every right to cut the microphone. She doesn't have a right to be a Mormon.

I agree, she shouldn't be forced to be a Mormon.

Unfortunately, Mormonism was imposed on her from birth. She didn't get a chance to make that decision as an adult.

Now, I wonder what would happen is we didn't indoctrinate children into religion, and only introduced them to the concept as adults. Then she could make a rational informed choice between Mormonism and Homosexuality.

She's right on one thing, God loves her but He doesn't approve of her sin

Naw, man, I had a rap session with God last night, and He told me He was totally cool with the gays. He also doesn't know how that prohibition on shellfish got in the Bible, because God totally love him some shrimp cocktails.

Shrimp.jpg

Except eating shellfish is no longer a sin..and never was for Gentiles. You're too dense to realize it was Mosaic Law, done away with by the New Covenant.

It's always funny when you loons attempt that...and promptly get smacked down

Umm at the risk of redundancy, the church is NOT the place for freedom of religion.

She has a right to be gay. She has a right to be a mormon. She has no right to be gay AND a mormon.

I feel badly for her parents.

And again, if we prevented churches from indoctrinating children, I don't think you'd recruit that many people as adults into your crazy lifestyle...

Except eating shellfish is no longer a sin..and never was for Gentiles. You're too dense to realize it was Mosaic Law, done away with by the New Covenant.

Actually, Jesus never talked about homosexuality, either.

And some Christian Sects DO still uphold the Mosaic laws on food. The Seventh Day Adventists, for instance.

When are the gays and their fans going to realize that most churches and being gay are mutually exclusive?

Find one of the few churches where it is not a problem to be gay, but don't expect everyone to change because of your beliefs.

The only reason why we have more than one Christian Church is because someone did challenge what a church believed.

The Churches used to support Slavery, just like the bible said to. None of them do today, because someone challenged it. God didn't change his mind, we changed ours.

Actually, Jesus never talked about homosexuality, either.

And some Christian Sects DO still uphold the Mosaic laws on food. The Seventh Day Adventists, for instance.

He never spoke of pedophiles either.

The fact is eating shellfish is not a sin.

You got smacked down. Live with it. If not I don't care

The religion doesn't need to justify its beliefs. They have a right to believe what they believe just as you have a right to believe your silly shit. If you don't like it, don't join their religion. Pretty easy stuff but the leftwing nuts just don't understand simple.

Except the Mormons used to believe in polygamy. Then they were told by Non-Mormons that Utah couldn't get into the union unless they denounced Polygamy. Then the Prophet had a vision from God that Polygamy was bad after all.

I wonder if we passed a law that homophobic churches were no longer entitled to tax exemptions, how quickly they'd be okay with the gay.

He never spoke of pedophiles either.

The fact is eating shellfish is not a sin.

You got smacked down. Live with it. If not I don't care

Well, yeah, kind of hard to talk about pedophilia when girls in bible times got married when they were 12.

So maybe we need to stop looking at the bible as something relevant to today's world.

Irs relevant to millions.

Now run along, you've wasted enough of my time

The church is the single most fascist institution humanity has ever thought up. It is a place of hatred and scorn for no reason.

FUCK THE CHURCH. Good for this girl.

Wow, aren't you forgetting the actual fascist parties?

And the commies, don;t forget the commies.

"Born in Vermont in 1805, Smith claimed in 1823 that he had been visited by a Christian angel named Moroni who spoke to him of an ancient Hebrew text that had been lost for 1,500 years. The holy text, supposedly engraved on gold plates by a Native American historian in the fourth century, related the story of Israelite peoples who had lived in America in ancient times."

An 18 year old that was visited by an angel named Moroni founds a 'faith'. :cool-45:

Perhaps the little girl who came out in church was shunned because that isn't how they do it on God's home world planet of Kolob. Jesus made the Kolob run in under 12 parsecs. These are not the droids you are looking for. You're gonna need a bigger boat. And don't call me Shirley. That's it, game over man, game over.

I...pardon you.

Yeah doesn't make any sense does it. :bye1:

The religion doesn't need to justify its beliefs. They have a right to believe what they believe just as you have a right to believe your silly shit. If you don't like it, don't join their religion. Pretty easy stuff but the leftwing nuts just don't understand simple.

Apply that to Isis and you have your answer Cujo.

When was the last time mainstream mormons blew anything up in the name of their Religion?

ref-false-equivalency.jpg

God made this girl who she is.
Did God make men who like little boys?

In either case, GOD says, don't ACT on every impulse that flows thru your perverted little mind.

Well, I don't believe in God. But we get people coming on here saying God made everything, so yes, God made men who like little boys.

The difference here is that gay people can have CONSENSUAL SEX, whereas men who like little boys can't. Do you see the difference.

There's nothing wrong with people doing what they want as long as it's consensual. And yes, I even mean suicide.

You want the be a Mormon? Then you can't be gay. It is their rules and their ideals. They had every right to cut the microphone. She doesn't have a right to be a Mormon.

I agree, she shouldn't be forced to be a Mormon.

Unfortunately, Mormonism was imposed on her from birth. She didn't get a chance to make that decision as an adult.

Now, I wonder what would happen is we didn't indoctrinate children into religion, and only introduced them to the concept as adults. Then she could make a rational informed choice between Mormonism and Homosexuality.

She made her choice and it is the right of the parent to raise the child in the manner they feel best. Parents should be able to make those decisions not a 13 year old who is inexperienced at life.

Being gay is looked down upon in every religion. Except Catholicism. Then you can fuck kids left and right.
i take it you know nothing of the catholic faith.

Except the Mormons used to believe in polygamy. Then they were told by Non-Mormons that Utah couldn't get into the union unless they denounced Polygamy. Then the Prophet had a vision from God that Polygamy was bad after all.

I wonder if we passed a law that homophobic churches were no longer entitled to tax exemptions, how quickly they'd be okay with the gay.

It's called freedom of religion, they are allowed to teach their beliefs, I am not a fan of the Mormon religion, however I believe that religions should be allowed to practice their beliefs, whether they agree with me or not. You can take all tax exemptions from all religions, I would be okay with that, however, it can't have exemptions allowed or disallowed because of beliefs. It is either all or nothing.

Forum List

Back