More vote buying by the left. 14 billion on internet for lowlifes.

Ray From Cleveland

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2015
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) — The Biden administration announced on Monday that 20 internet companies have agreed to provide discounted service to people with low incomes, a program that could effectively make tens of millions of households eligible for free service through an already existing federal subsidy.

The $1 trillion infrastructure package passed by Congress last year included $14.2 billion funding for the Affordable Connectivity Program, which provides $30 monthly subsidies ($75 in tribal areas) on internet service for millions of lower-income households.

With the new commitment from the internet providers, some 48 million households will be eligible for $30 monthly plans for 100 megabits per second, or higher speed, service — making internet service fully paid for with the government subsidy if they sign up with one of the providers participating in the program.

Biden, during his White House run and the push for the infrastructure bill, made expanding high-speed internet access in rural and low-income areas a priority. He has repeatedly spoken out about low-income families that struggled finding reliable Wi-Fi, so their children could take part in remote schooling and complete homework assignments early in the coronavirus pandemic.

So I guess free education, free food, free housing, free school lunches, free medical care, free daycare isn't enough. Now this country at 30 trillion in debt is going to provide lowlifes with high speed internet service thanks to idiots that voted for this moron. This cost is about twice as much as Trump asked for to secure our border which is totally out of control today, and will be much worse by the end of the month according to the Border Patrol.

Oh, and the subsidies will not be enough. The providers will likely increase rates on working people to help pay for their philanthropy.

WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) — The Biden administration announced on Monday that 20 internet companies have agreed to provide discounted service to people with low incomes, a program that could effectively make tens of millions of households eligible for free service through an already existing federal subsidy.

The $1 trillion infrastructure package passed by Congress last year included $14.2 billion funding for the Affordable Connectivity Program, which provides $30 monthly subsidies ($75 in tribal areas) on internet service for millions of lower-income households.

With the new commitment from the internet providers, some 48 million households will be eligible for $30 monthly plans for 100 megabits per second, or higher speed, service — making internet service fully paid for with the government subsidy if they sign up with one of the providers participating in the program.

Biden, during his White House run and the push for the infrastructure bill, made expanding high-speed internet access in rural and low-income areas a priority. He has repeatedly spoken out about low-income families that struggled finding reliable Wi-Fi, so their children could take part in remote schooling and complete homework assignments early in the coronavirus pandemic.

So I guess free education, free food, free housing, free school lunches, free medical care, free daycare isn't enough. Now this country at 30 trillion in debt is going to provide lowlifes with high speed internet service thanks to idiots that voted for this moron. This cost is about twice as much as Trump asked for to secure our border which is totally out of control today, and will be much worse by the end of the month according to the Border Patrol.

Oh, and the subsidies will not be enough. The providers will likely increase rates on working people to help pay for their philanthropy.
At least they don't even try to hide it anymore.

Reason # 5433876 they want to flood the USA with as many as possible. You can't sell them isp services in their countries but you can here.

At least they don't even try to hide it anymore.

We have a real problem in this country with vote buying by the left. The last time they bought votes it led to the labor shortage thus the supply chain shortage we are suffering with today. Prior to that their vote buying led to the housing collapse in the early 2000's.

At least with Trump he gave tax cuts to everybody, not just the wealthy which many a Democrat are. It stirred up the economy and put more disposable income into circulation.

The internet is not a necessity. My mother never had it, my next door neighbor never had it. Left in charge, eventually working people are going to say F it. Why should I work so hard to get a house in the suburbs, provide amenities like cable, internet and cell phones when Democrats are giving these things to everybody else for free?

We have a real problem in this country with vote buying by the left. The last time they bought votes it led to the labor shortage thus the supply chain shortage we are suffering with today. Prior to that their vote buying led to the housing collapse in the early 2000's.

At least with Trump he gave tax cuts to everybody, not just the wealthy which many a Democrat are. It stirred up the economy and put more disposable income into circulation.

The internet is not a necessity. My mother never had it, my next door neighbor never had it. Left in charge, eventually working people are going to say F it. Why should I work so hard to get a house in the suburbs, provide amenities like cable, internet and cell phones when Democrats are giving these things to everybody else for free?
If we're going to provide any freebies for the welfare class cell phones and internet service should be high on the list. Kids need the internet for school, most places today require you to fill out job applications or send in resume's online and of course you need email to communicate in the modern world.

In the modern world those two things become more essential every day.

What a stupid statement.

This is the year 2022. People need the internet.

There is a difference between need and want. How does my mother and next door neighbor survive without the internet? How do people out in the sticks do it? Does anybody from the Amish or Quaker communities need the internet? Two of my Uncles don't even have smart phones yet alone the internet.

All you really "need" is food and shelter, and some even do without sufficient shelter.

Forum List

Back