More than 1,400 millionaires paid no U.S. income taxes in 2009, according to the IRS

How is working for a living a less good thing?

Where did I imply this? Hmm...

Tell you what, answer my question first and then I'll answer your question, even though it has nothing to do with the point at hand.

Anyone who wants capital gains taxed at lower rates than wages/salaries needs to justify it.

OH...MY...GOD

Seriously?

Really?

What in your mind makes a federally determine tax rate on invested capital equivalent to...or in any way related to...a person's market determined salary?

Stated differently, what in the hell are you talking about?

Tell you what, answer my question first and then I'll answer your question, even though it has nothing to do with the point at hand.

Anyone who wants capital gains taxed at lower rates than wages/salaries needs to justify it.

OH...MY...GOD

Seriously?

Really?

What in your mind makes a federally determine tax rate on invested capital equivalent to...or in any way related to...a person's market determined salary?

I think those who get back more than they pay into the system should have to justify it by this standard. At least those keeping capital gains are keeping THEIR money, not stealing someone else's.

In this election, conservatives are the only ones talking about changing the tax codes. The ignorance of the lefties never ceases to amaze. they believe any damn fool thing they are told to believe.

Like the Neocon whackjobs who believed in WMDs? Or that the 'mission was accomplished'? Or that the GoP really give a fuck about you? That kind of ignorance?

How could it be explained to you when you think in such simple terms.

Yes that type of ignorance.

WMD the world was fooled. Mission accomplished was major combat operations, not nation building.

Opportunity is for everyone. Not the chosen few democrats prefer.

The world was not fooled. The US certainly was.

And us 'ignorant fools' knew that major combat operations were far from over. Did Wanat happen before or after the 'mission' accomplished.

I think you'll find most people believe opportunity is for everyone. Most rich elite think they are the chosen few and the rest of us should have no say in how things are run.

Your type of ignorance believes that most Dems don't want people to do rich. I know of NO lefties who think like that. You equate those of us wanting the rich to pay their fair share, have regulations on financial institutions and not having an undue influence on national policy as wanting to take opportunity away from them. When in fact all they want is the rich to pay their fair share, have regulations on financial institutions and not having an undue influence on national policy.

You do know the difference, right?

Last edited:
What law is keeping those millionaires from voluntarily sending more of their own money to the government?

Couldn't get any further than this idiocy ...

"voluntarily" GAWD, that is just SO dumb. Especially since that enemy of the rw, Warrne Buffet has invited these crooks to do just that and guess what? They all slunk away and skittered under the baseboards.

I betcha, if we looked, we could find post where human-hater Dave says that people who have no income should be forced to pay income taxes.

Anyone wanna bet me?
I'll take that bet.
WHY are the radical right wingers so against everyone paying their FAIR SHARE?

This whole issue has become more than stupid. Our country was built on the concept of equal rights but suddenly, the right wingers are dead set against that. Instead, they want the poorest among us to pay for the 1%.

Stooopid.
So...no law, huh?

Income and capital gains should both be taxed at what is now the capital gains rate of 15%
or better yet 10%

[
How is risking one's capital on our economy not a good thing?

YOu didn't imply it.

Our tax codes definitely DO though.

Make a million a year by working for it and you're paying the top rate of taxes (at what ?) about 35%?

But make that same million buying and selling investments and your tax rate is 15%.

So who is punished more for making money?

The worker or the investor?

Like the Neocon whackjobs who believed in WMDs? Or that the 'mission was accomplished'? Or that the GoP really give a fuck about you? That kind of ignorance?

How could it be explained to you when you think in such simple terms.

Yes that type of ignorance.

WMD the world was fooled. Mission accomplished was major combat operations, not nation building.

Opportunity is for everyone. Not the chosen few democrats prefer.

The world was not fooled. The US certainly was.

And us 'ignorant fools' knew that major combat operations were far from over. Did Wanat happen before or after the 'mission' accomplished.

I think you'll find most people believe opportunity is for everyone. Most rich elite think they are the chosen few and the rest of us should have no say in how things are run.

Your type of ignorance believes that most Dems don't want people to do rich. I know of NO lefties who think like that. You equate those of us wanting the rich to pay their fair share, have regulations on financial institutions and not having an undue influence on national policy as wanting to take opportunity away from them. When in fact all they want is the rich to pay their fair share, have regulations on financial institutions and not having an undue influence on national policy.

You do know the difference, right?

I had to stop reading when you said the world was not fooled. Many intelligence agencies around the world believed Saddam, and took him at his word.

There would be no point in continuing any discussion if you can not acknowledge that fact,.

Those in opposition were found to have profited from the BS for oil program.

You seem a bit slow just sayin................

What law is keeping those millionaires from voluntarily sending more of their own money to the government?

"voluntarily" GAWD, that is just SO dumb. Especially since that enemy of the rw, Warrne Buffet has invited these crooks to do just that and guess what? They all slunk away and skittered under the baseboards.

I betcha, if we looked, we could find post where human-hater Dave says that people who have no income should be forced to pay income taxes.

Anyone wanna bet me?
I'll take that bet.

This whole issue has become more than stupid. Our country was built on the concept of equal rights but suddenly, the right wingers are dead set against that. Instead, they want the poorest among us to pay for the 1%.

Stooopid.
So...no law, huh?
I love the small flaw he makes in his 'logic'.

People with 'no income' should pay income taxes.

How much is ANY percentage of $0.00 income? How hard is it to pay for that? Besides, don't you have BIGGER fish to fry if you have $0.00 INCOME? You know, like eating?

Anyone wanna bet me?
I'll take that bet.

Stooopid.
So...no law, huh?
I love the small flaw he makes in his 'logic'.

People with 'no income' should pay income taxes.

How much is ANY percentage of $0.00 income? How hard is it to pay for that? Besides, don't you have BIGGER fish to fry if you have $0.00 INCOME? You know, like eating?
Like all leftists, luddly is long on emotion, short on logic.

OH...MY...GOD

Seriously?

Really?

Simple. Time.

A person investing in the stock market can make as much in one day as a coal miner can working in one year. In fact, this should be the standard we use for taxing. The longer it took you to create the money, the lower the tax rate.

OH...MY...GOD

Seriously?

Really?

The people who claim that capital gains should be taxed at a lower rate than wages, and justify it by claiming that capital investors are taking a greater risk.

OH...MY...GOD

Seriously?

Really?

I think those who get back more than they pay into the system should have to justify it by this standard. At least those keeping capital gains are keeping THEIR money, not stealing someone else's.

By that standard there should be no public education available to anyone who isn't paying for it.

How's Obama's good buddy GE CEO & "Jobs Czar" Jeffrey Immelt doing? His GE no like to pay those Taxes huh?

OH...MY...GOD

Seriously?

Really?

The Carbinated one is one of USMB's resident class warriors.

OH...MY...GOD

Seriously?

Really?

Simple. Time.

A person investing in the stock market can make as much in one day as a coal miner can working in one year. In fact, this should be the standard we use for taxing. The longer it took you to create the money, the lower the tax rate.

So, now tax rates are to be tied to time?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

OH...MY...GOD

Seriously?

Really?

The Carbinated one is one of USMB's resident class warriors.

For wanting capital gains to be taxed the SAME as wages? Explain that.

OH...MY...GOD

Seriously?

Really?

By that standard there should be no public education available to anyone who isn't paying for it.
Huh. I'm game if you want to start playing the 'justification game' with me. Let's cut the DoEd. Works fine for me. Besides, that would have almost no effect on the funding of schools save it would force the states and local municipalities to start cutting waste and bullshit faster than you can say 'you want fries with that?'

Most school funding comes from local property taxes and state supplemental funding anyway. Ending a lot of federal mandates and interference would go a long way to stopping many problems in our nation's educational system, by allowing states the true power to chart their own courses to success or failure.

How about justifying the following departments based on cost effectiveness:

Dept. of Energy
Dept. of Housing and Urban Development
Dept. of Homeland Security
Dept. of Health and Human Services
Dept. of the Interior
Dept. of Veterans Affairs
Dept. of Labor

How about we start justifying what THEY do or don't do well? Just remember, it's YOUR standard I'm applying.

Forum List

Back