MORE Really Bad Obama Appointments: Rendition, Torture, Fraud

ok, this is bad, but I'm going to say it. I don't think a lot of Obama supporters (notice I did not say ALL)....will even know who half the appointees are. They will not be disappointed because they have not been aware of or have they participated in politics before. A lot are young, new, and part of the sect who came out in droves to vote for the first time. So the disappointment level might be low.

But for those of us who have been involved and paid attention to our government --the choices are....well, lets just say my cynical side keeps on getting stronger every day.

I thought McCain would be bad....but Obama has made appointments that not only do not speak of change, but, rather, speak volumes about the fact that he is just another puppet.

So the question is....who is really running the show?

Hmm--we could call them "money cartels " ?

Thanks .. I respect that.

But it isn't just Clinton people he's picking. He's choosing pro-war Clinton people and supporters of George Bush and his maniacal policies .. such as the two mentioned in this thread.

Why is that? If he's truly against torture and the fraud of Iraq, why would he choose people who have been for both?

This has absolutely nothing ZERO with picking people who know their way around Washington and everything to do with his agenda.

Oh GOOD! Maybe we can get the worst of W and the worst of Clinton all at one time! Won't this be a fun-filled treat.

But seriously, I'll wait until he actually does something to start criticizing. (I mean policywise) Until then we can only guess at the character of what he will do. Four years is a long time, as we are about to find out. I can wait for it to start.

After researching where Obama comes from and what he has spent his life working for, I'm not ready to believe he is going to cast all of that aside and become something else. Even if he wants to, I don't think he'll be able to keep it up long. He is not Bill Clinton. He has an ideology. His ideology is not mainstream or middle of the road and he will not be mistaken for a member of the DLC.

So, the appointments confuse me. But, I'll wait and see. (Since I have no choice.)

I've always said Obama was a centrist, in the Bill Clinton mold. And Cons laughed at me for that assertion.

The funny thing is, to many cons, for the last 6 months Obama was a radical, muslim marxist who palls around with terrorists.

Now, some of those same Cons are claiming Obama is a warhawk Neocon who is a Clinton retread, someone who wants to continue the Bush policy of torturing and rendering suspected muslim terrorists.

Well look, he spent his early post collegiate years working for a Saul Alinsky founded community organizing group. Researching into the means, methods and purpose of those organizations tells you that the underlying intent of them is to extort social justice from various institutions. To better do this, he went to law school and began to use the courts to pursue those same ends.

While that is not a Bill Clinton model, it is a Hillary Clinton model. She directly worked for Saul Alinsky. See here for a fluff piece by the Washington Post about Alinsky and Obama and Clinton Post Article She was always the more ideological (as between her and Bill). Where you find support for the contention that Obama is a centerist, I have no idea.

Oh GOOD! Maybe we can get the worst of W and the worst of Clinton all at one time! Won't this be a fun-filled treat.

But seriously, I'll wait until he actually does something to start criticizing. (I mean policywise) Until then we can only guess at the character of what he will do. Four years is a long time, as we are about to find out. I can wait for it to start.

After researching where Obama comes from and what he has spent his life working for, I'm not ready to believe he is going to cast all of that aside and become something else. Even if he wants to, I don't think he'll be able to keep it up long. He is not Bill Clinton. He has an ideology. His ideology is not mainstream or middle of the road and he will not be mistaken for a member of the DLC.

So, the appointments confuse me. But, I'll wait and see. (Since I have no choice.)

I respect that as well.

I don't have a problem with those who chose to wait .. after all, the man isn't even in office yet .. but I'm not one of those people. I believe public pressure works, and I believe that politicians do not bear sole responsiblity for our government, and I believe the left will have to be forceful with Obama.

If he continues to ignore the left, he'll have a republican congress to deal with in 2010.

Forum List

Back