More Proof Ted Cruz is a Liar

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
Ted Cruz Says He Doesn't Really Know John Boehner. Fact Check.

In an interview with Bloomberg TV, Ted Cruz was asked whether he would support John Boehner continuing in his job as speaker of the House.

"Oh, look, to be honest I don't really know John Boehner. He has his job. I have mine," the Republican senator said. He then turned the conversation toward how proud he was of the House conservatives who stood up to Obamacare.

A fine, predictable response on the surface, but there's something off.

Cruz certainly knows Boehner. Cruz was Boehner's lawyer in the 1990s. Boehner, when asked a similar question about Cruz on The Tonight Show just last week, said, "Ted Cruz used to be my attorney a long time ago. A good guy. I don't always agree with him, but he's a good guy."

As The Washington Post's Sean Sullivan reported just a few days ago, Cruz briefly represented Boehner in the late '90s, when Boehner sued a Democratic lawmaker for alleged wiretapping. Sullivan reports, "When Boehner used the case to help his campaign raise money, Cruz defended him publicly, emerging in the media years before he would return as a conservative hero."

Cruz worked on the case for a year or less. And, sure, what is it to truly "know someone," especially in "this town?" Cruz, however, does indeed know Boehner. Or at least his legal history.

Last edited:

In an interview with Bloomberg TV, Ted Cruz was asked whether he would support John Boehner continuing in his job as speaker of the House.

"Oh, look, to be honest I don't really know John Boehner. He has his job. I have mine," the Republican senator said. He then turned the conversation toward how proud he was of the House conservatives who stood up to Obamacare.

Cruz certainly knows Boehner. Cruz was Boehner's lawyer in the 1990s. Boehner, when asked a similar question about Cruz on The Tonight Show just last week, said, "Ted Cruz used to be my attorney a long time ago. A good guy. I don't always agree with him, but he's a good guy."

As The Washington Post's Sean Sullivan reported just a few days ago, Cruz briefly represented Boehner in the late '90s, when Boehner sued a Democratic lawmaker for alleged wiretapping. Sullivan reports, "When Boehner used the case to help his campaign raise money, Cruz defended him publicly, emerging in the media years before he would return as a conservative hero."

Cruz worked on the case for a year or less. And, sure, what is it to truly "know someone," especially in "this town?" Cruz, however, does indeed know Boehner. Or at least his legal history.

Of course you know everyone you've ever worked with, right? Hell I can't even tell you the names of people I worked with 15 years ago, much less say I know them. But in your little commie wisdom that can't be possible for anyone you might disagree with. You're a real piece of shit.

You wouldn't remember if you worked for a United States Congressman????

Stop being a retard.

I've worked with many people for years that I can say I honestly don't know them.

If this is the worst you can find on Cruz.....you've got problems.

Meh honestly who cares..the guy won't be president or anything, so it's mostly ignorable.

I've worked with many people for years that I can say I honestly don't know them.

If this is the worst you can find on Cruz.....you've got problems.

There are a lot of things about Cruz that people already know. Tmi in fact. He's a nobody that jumped out in front of the Teaparty parade, it's what these slugs do. No work, just get your ugly mugg in front of a cam somewhere.

I don't hate him or like him. He's like Michelle Bachmann, a failed upstart.

Of course you know everyone you've ever worked with, right? Hell I can't even tell you the names of people I worked with 15 years ago, much less say I know them. But in your little commie wisdom that can't be possible for anyone you might disagree with. You're a real piece of shit.

more liberal lies, smears, and slander....at the drop of a hat....:eusa_hand:

idiots must think they're mind readers or something.....i'd say Cruz was talking about not knowing Boehner with regard to his being Speaker...

the more libs hate this guy.....the more he should run.....:eusa_whistle:

he was his LAWYER. lol..

this isn't about "everyone he knows".

perhaps you should save that kind of stuff to defend someone who isn't a liar.

idiots must think they're mind readers or something.....i'd say Cruz was talking about not knowing Boehner with regard to his being Speaker...

Do you think the RNC will support him? I don't, they always support viable candidates, they aren't about to throw money away on this guy. At least act like you know something about Conservative politics, you're not impressing anyone so far.

Do you think the RNC will support him? I don't, they always support viable candidates, they aren't about to throw money away on this guy. At least act like you know something about Conservative politics, you're not impressing anyone so far.

did i get under your sensitive skin......? :eusa_whistle:

i know full well the RINO RNC isn't interested in backing a real conservative....

i know full well the RINO RNC isn't interested in backing a real conservative....

He isn't a real Conservative. He is a Teapartier which is going the same way as Neocons went. To that big failed con faction land in the sky.

I dunno. In a real four-or-five way dogfight among the GOPers, Cruz could do a Hail-Mary pass and end up getting the nomination. The problem is that he and Rand Paul are essentially splitting the batshit crazy vote. GOP voters, sensing impending doom in the name of Hillary Clinton, may just pick anybody. Don't count out Scott Walker to throw his hat in the ring. And wouldn't it be a real kick in the ass to once again have a Clinton-Bush showdown, ala 1992, but without the "big sucking sound" of Ross Perot?

:)

He isn't a real Conservative. He is a Teapartier which is going the same way as Neocons went. To that big failed con faction land in the sky.

bullcrappo.....you libtards know nothing....

Coming from the "If you like your plan, you can keep it" Party, that's a ringing endorsement

There could be so much context to his statement that we could never really know what he meant.

But the literalists on both sides always come up with this stuff.

Nothing here, people.

Move along.

Obamacare is doomed. That is worth talking about.

Not this.

Coming from the "If you like your plan, you can keep it" Party, that's a ringing endorsement
Except it was insurance companies which cancelled every one of those policies.

Neither Obama or the government cancelled a single policy.

Except it was insurance companies which cancelled every one of those policies.

Neither Obama or the government cancelled a single policy.

True,

They didn't want to insure people with health problems and the stuff within Obama care. This is a loop hole.

Forum List

Back