More Proof Ted Cruz is a Liar

Ted Cruz Says He Doesn't Really Know John Boehner. Fact Check.

In an interview with Bloomberg TV, Ted Cruz was asked whether he would support John Boehner continuing in his job as speaker of the House.

"Oh, look, to be honest I don't really know John Boehner. He has his job. I have mine," the Republican senator said. He then turned the conversation toward how proud he was of the House conservatives who stood up to Obamacare.

A fine, predictable response on the surface, but there's something off.

Cruz certainly knows Boehner. Cruz was Boehner's lawyer in the 1990s. Boehner, when asked a similar question about Cruz on The Tonight Show just last week, said, "Ted Cruz used to be my attorney a long time ago. A good guy. I don't always agree with him, but he's a good guy."

As The Washington Post's Sean Sullivan reported just a few days ago, Cruz briefly represented Boehner in the late '90s, when Boehner sued a Democratic lawmaker for alleged wiretapping. Sullivan reports, "When Boehner used the case to help his campaign raise money, Cruz defended him publicly, emerging in the media years before he would return as a conservative hero."

Cruz worked on the case for a year or less. And, sure, what is it to truly "know someone," especially in "this town?" Cruz, however, does indeed know Boehner. Or at least his legal history.

Coming from the "If you like your plan, you can keep it" Party, that's a ringing endorsement

A failed attempt to deflect, the issue concerns the fact that Cruz is a liar – you're at liberty to address that fact, or not.
How about you libtards address the fact that obamaturd is a liar?

In an interview with Bloomberg TV, Ted Cruz was asked whether he would support John Boehner continuing in his job as speaker of the House.

"Oh, look, to be honest I don't really know John Boehner. He has his job. I have mine," the Republican senator said. He then turned the conversation toward how proud he was of the House conservatives who stood up to Obamacare.

Cruz certainly knows Boehner. Cruz was Boehner's lawyer in the 1990s. Boehner, when asked a similar question about Cruz on The Tonight Show just last week, said, "Ted Cruz used to be my attorney a long time ago. A good guy. I don't always agree with him, but he's a good guy."

As The Washington Post's Sean Sullivan reported just a few days ago, Cruz briefly represented Boehner in the late '90s, when Boehner sued a Democratic lawmaker for alleged wiretapping. Sullivan reports, "When Boehner used the case to help his campaign raise money, Cruz defended him publicly, emerging in the media years before he would return as a conservative hero."

Cruz worked on the case for a year or less. And, sure, what is it to truly "know someone," especially in "this town?" Cruz, however, does indeed know Boehner. Or at least his legal history.

I've been an attorney for hundreds of people I don't really know and whose names I can't remember. Some people have heavy volumes of work.

John Boehner was/is a high-profile Congressman in an important region, Cincinnati.

You can contort yourself into your favorite pretzel but Cruz cannot credibly claim that he did not know his client.

Of course, if you are an actual lawyer, you'll continue to lie.
Obamaturd continues to lie. So do most libtarded dimwits, liar.

I've been an attorney for hundreds of people I don't really know and whose names I can't remember. Some people have heavy volumes of work.

John Boehner was/is a high-profile Congressman in an important region, Cincinnati.

You can contort yourself into your favorite pretzel but Cruz cannot credibly claim that he did not know his client.

Clearly because someone is high profile, everyone who comes in contact with him knows him intimately. I am sure the barrista Boehner buys his coffee from knows him just as well as his wife.

BTW if Ted Cruz is a liar, why does that excuse Obama? You don't seem to give a crap when he lies his ass off. And his lies cost lives.

Oh yes. Cruz says that he doesn’t really know the guy and you find out that he worked with him a decade ago and now he is PROVEN to be a liar.

Of course, Obama sits in the pews of a hate monger for 20 years and he didn’t really know what was going on. That was much more believable. And he has some real estate deals with a terrorist but you can accept that Obama really does not know people that he worked with. Only Cruz is held to that standard.

Nice doublethink there. Not that we expect anything different from one of the biggest partisan hacks on this board.

This is what the discussion is now though:

Is it ok for Cruz to be a total shut down the government asshole just because other Republicans are?

Yes. Because it's Ted Cruz's fault that Obama didn't want to negotiate to keep the government "open" despite it running the entire time it was shut down.

Liberals, especially brainless ones, have a well developed ability to accept a mental aberration known as cognitive dissonance.

Is your OP designed as some sort of indictment of Senator Cruz....as though you have some visceral disagreement with 'liars'?

If so.....how did you find the ability to endorse this fellow:

"ObamaCare fibs make President the year’s biggest liar"
ObamaCare fibs make President the year?s biggest liar | New York Post

You should only open your mouth to change feet.

Coming from the "If you like your plan, you can keep it" Party, that's a ringing endorsement
Except it was insurance companies which cancelled every one of those policies.

Neither Obama or the government cancelled a single policy.

So....if the DeathPanelDemocrats- and it was only the Democrats- ram through a law, and in following the law the insurance companies had to cancel policies.....

....then your lie...er, view....is that the Obamunists weren't responsible?

Pinocchio.

"More proof that Obama is a liar"

IRS, BENGHAZI, FAST AND FURIOUS, NSA, OBAMACARE.

…and the 2013 LIE of the year "If you like your healthcare, you can keep it. Period"

Ted Cruz's father fought for Castro, but didn't know Castro was a Communist. I guess it runs in the family.

I suspect we have all worked with many people over the years I have and knowing them on a professional or work basis in a casual way is very different from being a close friend who they share the details of their private with.

Are you saying he didn't mean to lie?

No, your trying to construe his statement as a lie just shows you for the idiot you are. Unless you can show the two got together to play crazy 8's or something you have no case to call his statement anything other than true. Knowing of someone or having had a business dealing with them more than a decade prior does not mean they KNOW or have an ongoing relationship with that person. But you keep pushing the commie propaganda and make your dear leader proud.
He was his attorney.

And? Doesn't mean they were bosom buddies, why do you insist on pushing your lie?

No, your trying to construe his statement as a lie just shows you for the idiot you are. Unless you can show the two got together to play crazy 8's or something you have no case to call his statement anything other than true. Knowing of someone or having had a business dealing with them more than a decade prior does not mean they KNOW or have an ongoing relationship with that person. But you keep pushing the commie propaganda and make your dear leader proud.

I agree. It's not like Ted Cruz started his political career in Boehner's house

He did take Boehner's power away though. He emasculated Boehner, Boehner admitted following everyone on a talk show the other day.

Boehner supported Leno’s claim that the shutdown was disastrous for Republicans—“Yep! Yep! Yep!” he agreed—and was at pains to explain why he let it happen. “When you have my job, there’s something you have to learn when I looked up and saw my colleagues going this way,” the Speaker said. “And you learn that a leader without followers is simply a man taking a walk.”

So he went along with shutdown zealots, hoping that “the sooner we got it over with, the better,” Boehner said, even though it was “tactically not the right way to do it.”

John Boehner Live and Unhinged with Jay Leno - The Daily Beast
Which is why Boner is no leader. A true leader has peers and equals willing to follow his or her lead. It is never coerced.

Which is why Boner is no leader. A true leader has peers and equals willing to follow his or her lead. It is never coerced.

Exactly, which is kind of depressing because we have no real leaders in this nation.

Clearly because someone is high profile, everyone who comes in contact with him knows him intimately. I am sure the barrista Boehner buys his coffee from knows him just as well as his wife.
Who said 'intimately'?

Oh yes. Cruz says that he doesn’t really know the guy and you find out that he worked with him a decade ago and now he is PROVEN to be a liar.

Of course, Obama sits in the pews of a hate monger for 20 years and he didn’t really know what was going on. That was much more believable. And he has some real estate deals with a terrorist but you can accept that Obama really does not know people that he worked with. Only Cruz is held to that standard.

Nice doublethink there. Not that we expect anything different from one of the biggest partisan hacks on this board.

This is what the discussion is now though:

Is it ok for Cruz to be a total shut down the government asshole just because other Republicans are?

Yes. Because it's Ted Cruz's fault that Obama didn't want to negotiate to keep the government "open" despite it running the entire time it was shut down.

It's not his place to negotiate or butt in on a Constitutional responsibility of the House Of Representatives. It is SOLELY their responsibility.

Liberals, especially brainless ones, have a well developed ability to accept a mental aberration known as cognitive dissonance.

Is your OP designed as some sort of indictment of Senator Cruz....as though you have some visceral disagreement with 'liars'?

If so.....how did you find the ability to endorse this fellow:

"ObamaCare fibs make President the year’s biggest liar"
ObamaCare fibs make President the year?s biggest liar | New York Post

You should only open your mouth to change feet.
Yes, because Rupert Murdoch's tabloid would never lie to me. You're a dope.

Forum List

Back