More people on social security disability......

On October 9, 1984, President Reagan signed into law
H.R. 3755 (Public Law 98-460), the Social Security Disability
Benefits Reform Act of 1984. The President’s
signing statement noted: “This legislation, which has
been formulated with the support of the Administration
and passed by unanimous vote in both Houses of
Congress, should restore order, uniformity, and consensus
in the disability program. It maintains our commitment
to treat disabled American citizens fairly and
humanely while fulfilling our obligation to the Congress
and the American taxpayers to administer the disability
program effectively.”

http://199.173.225.5/policy/docs/ssb/v48n4/v48n4p5.pdf

You pointed out changes that were made to the rules enacted in 1984 now you're trying to back away from that statement.

program effectively.”

You pointed out changes that were made to the rules enacted in 1984 now you're trying to back away from that statement.

Holy fuck, you are the dumbest person I have encountered. The rules CHANGED IN 1984. Not in 1994, not in 2004 and not in 2009, 2010, 2011, or 2012.

This is so fucking simple it is beyond comprehension why you don't understand it.

program effectively.”

Holy fuck, you are the dumbest person I have encountered. The rules CHANGED IN 1984. Not in 1994, not in 2004 and not in 2009, 2010, 2011, or 2012.

This is so fucking simple it is beyond comprehension why you don't understand it.

No that is not what you pointed out. Here is what you pointed out

They weren't. If Mr. big thinks it's that easy to get on permanent disability, I wish he would try it. They don't play, believe me.
Care to explain the increase?

From YOUR link Einstein:

Experts say that more people try to get on disability when jobs are scarce, and changes to eligibility rules enacted back in 1984 have made it far easier to qualify.

Rules enacted back in 1984 were changed the rules were not changed in 1984 they were changed later. so try again dumb ass.

From YOUR link Einstein:

Experts say that more people try to get on disability when jobs are scarce, and changes to eligibility rules enacted back in 1984 have made it far easier to qualify.

Rules enacted back in 1984 were changed the rules were not changed in 1984 they were changed later. so try again dumb ass.

When later? Give us a date.

From YOUR link Einstein:

When later? Give us a date.

I wasn't the one who pointed out that the rules were changed to the Social Security Disability Benefits Reform Act of 1984. Ask bum fuck.

Is this saying the rules were changed in 1984?

and changes to eligibility rules enacted back in 1984
No it's not

Last edited:

From YOUR link Einstein:

Explain why they are getting it now when they couldn't have gotten back then?

The way I am reading this is the program was enacted in 1984 and the rules for eligibility have been changed. When were the rules changed?

WOW, my fucking dog already understands this simple fact. I suspect my goldfish will absorb these simple facts before you do.

They WERE getting it back then. The rules that changed in 1984 INCREASED disability immediately, why don't you try reading the shit YOU POST???

From the 'study' link in the article YOU posted:

The most important factor is the liberalization of the DI screening process that occurred due to a 1984 law. This law directed the Social Security Administration to place more weight on applicants' reported pain and discomfort, relax its screening of mental illness, consider applicants with multiple non-severe ailments, and give more credence to medical evidence provided by the applicant's doctor.

These changes had the effect of both increasing the number of new DI awards and shifting their composition towards claimants with low-mortality disorders. For example, the share of awards for a primary impairment of mental illness rose from 16 percent in 1983 to 25 percent in 2003, while the share for a primary impairment of musculoskeletal disorders (primarily back pain) rose from 13 per-cent in 1983 to 26 percent in 2003.

From YOUR link Einstein:

The way I am reading this is the program was enacted in 1984 and the rules for eligibility have been changed. When were the rules changed?

WOW, my fucking dog already understands this simple fact. I suspect my goldfish will absorb these simple facts before you do.

They WERE getting it back then. The rules that changed in 1984 INCREASED disability immediately, why don't you try reading the shit YOU POST???

The most important factor is the liberalization of the DI screening process that occurred due to a 1984 law. This law directed the Social Security Administration to place more weight on applicants' reported pain and discomfort, relax its screening of mental illness, consider applicants with multiple non-severe ailments, and give more credence to medical evidence provided by the applicant's doctor.

These changes had the effect of both increasing the number of new DI awards and shifting their composition towards claimants with low-mortality disorders. For example, the share of awards for a primary impairment of mental illness rose from 16 percent in 1983 to 25 percent in 2003, while the share for a primary impairment of musculoskeletal disorders (primarily back pain) rose from 13 per-cent in 1983 to 26 percent in 2003.

You pointed out that the changes made to the 1984 rules made it easier to get benefits. Now you're back peddling:eusa_whistle:

You pointed out that the changes made to the 1984 rules made it easier to get benefits. Now you're back peddling:eusa_whistle:

I am not back peddling. The rules changed in 1984 that made it easier to get benefits. The number of people on disability increased IMMEDIATELY and ever since.

Obama had nothing to do with any changes to eligibility rules. There has been NO CHANGE TO THE RULES under Obama.

And it said the rules had been changed. Thanks for playing.

In 1984....:lol::lol:

Butch you are to stupid

Here's what was pointed out
The changes were not made in 1984 that is when the rules were enacted in 1984. the changes happened after 1984. So eat shit.

Again...give us a date after 1984 when those so-called changes happened.

If you can hit that magic number for unemployment lower the standards for disability so you you get get the unemployment numbers to drop.

Disability Ranks Outpace New Jobs In Obama Recovery

3.1 Million Workers Join Disability Ranks Vs. 2.6 Million That Got Jobs In Obama Recovery - Investors.com

Sorry but the total number of disabled claims has gone up only 1.1 million. Says so in your own link, moron.
(Even after accounting for people who left the disability program because they died or aged into retirement, disability ranks have climbed more than 1.1 million in the past three years.)

God forbid we account for people who have left the program! That wouldn't make the numbers look as bad for Obama.

In 1984....:lol::lol:

Butch you are to stupid

The changes were not made in 1984 that is when the rules were enacted in 1984. the changes happened after 1984. So eat shit.

Ask Bfgrn he's the one that pointed out that changes were made. to the Social Security Disability
Benefits Reform Act of 1984.

I am not back peddling. The rules changed in 1984 that made it easier to get benefits. The number of people on disability increased IMMEDIATELY and ever since.

Obama had nothing to do with any changes to eligibility rules. There has been NO CHANGE TO THE RULES under Obama.

how can the rules change in 1984 when it was enacted in 1984?

If you can hit that magic number for unemployment lower the standards for disability so you you get get the unemployment numbers to drop.

3.1 Million Workers Join Disability Ranks Vs. 2.6 Million That Got Jobs In Obama Recovery - Investors.com

Sorry but the total number of disabled claims has gone up only 1.1 million. Says so in your own link, moron.
(Even after accounting for people who left the disability program because they died or aged into retirement, disability ranks have climbed more than 1.1 million in the past three years.)

God forbid we account for people who have left the program! That wouldn't make the numbers look as bad for Obama.

:eusa_whistle: oh dear gawd more stupid shit.

No, WHEN were the standards lowered for disability? I want a DATE

They weren't. If Mr. big thinks it's that easy to get on permanent disability, I wish he would try it. They don't play, believe me.

You brought it up. Not I. So where did you hear it?? I just know for a fact it is not easy to get. It is made to be difficult and most people just give up.

You brought it up. Not I. So where did you hear it?? I just know for a fact it is not easy to get. It is made to be difficult and most people just give up.

This is a sure sign when someone does not read the opening link.

how can the rules change in 1984 when it was enacted in 1984?

The CHANGES were enacted in 1984.

From the study in YOUR link:

Since its introduction in 1956, the DI program has insured workers against the risk of being unable to work due to disability.

From a link in the study YOU posted:

The Growth in the Social Security Disability Rolls: A Fiscal Crisis Unfolding

While aggregate population health has improved by most measures in recent decades, the rate of SSDI receipt among nonelderly adults has nearly doubled since 1984. We project that SSDI receipt will rise by an additional seventy percent before reaching a steady state rate of approximately 6.5 percent of adults between the ages of 25 and 64, with cash benefit payments exceeding $150 billion annually (excluding Medicare).

We trace the rapid expansion of SSDI to: (1) congressional reforms to disability screening in 1984 that enabled workers with low mortality disorders such as back pain, arthritis and mental illness to more readily qualify for benefits; (2) a rise in the after-tax DI income replacement rate, which strengthened the incentives for workers to seek benefits; (3) and a rapid increase in female labor force participation that expanded the pool of insured workers. Notably, the aging of the baby boom generation has contributed little to the growth of SSDI to date.

Butch you are to stupid

Ask Bfgrn he's the one that pointed out that changes were made. to the Social Security Disability
Benefits Reform Act of 1984.

Uh uh, Whinylittlereb....you said that changes happened AFTER 1984....when was that? What year after 1984 did those changed occur?

2010 and 2011 why do you ask?

Proof?

In his stimulus package.
:link:
Hey dumbass, the Stimulus package passed in 2009.

And this was the last modification to the SSDI eligibility. BTW, it was not part of the Stimulus bill.

2009 (Public Law 111-118, enacted December 19).
Eliminates the 8-month time limit on SSI eligibility for
certain Iraqi and Afghan refugees who have pro-
vided service to the United States. The time-limited
eligibility for these individuals is now the same
period applicable to other humanitarian refugees.

Last edited:

:eusa_whistle: oh dear gawd more stupid shit.
Oh my gawd! Numbers are dum!

Hey lets make it easy on you:

NET number of new jobs

should be compared with

NET number of new disability claims

yes or no?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back