When you allow an ENEMY like Russia, who has now rigged your Presidential election, to control 20% of a valuable natural resource, it's a matter of national security....just like Putin installing his sleeper agent, Trump, into the White House.

I realize this uranium deal was prior to Putin staging a coup, but it definitely compromises national security.

Our nuclear power plants already have to import about 90% of what they need in any given year. The mines in question produce about 20% of our total mining capacity which itself is barely 20% of our needs. Do the math, they (the mines the Russian own the rights to) are only about 4% of what we use in any year. Has nothing to do with our atomic weapons.

There will be a Congressional investigation into why Obama's DOJ DID NOT inform congress of the KNOWN Russian bribery and racketeering ring in the uranium market.

If CONGRESSIONAL approval is required for the deal, shouldn't they have that information?

Then why the lies about Hillary giving Russia 20% of our uranium? Why not raise the issue as you state, Russia is trying to corner the U market?

It's not exactly a lie. In many ways, we gave them 20% of our reserves to manipulate pricing and availability as they please. Helps them to be the dominant price setter on the Intl market. I just TOLD you -- they now decide how much to take out of that ground, IN THE USA, every year. And by buying up the production in Uzbek and other places, they can make us MORE dependent on them.

You're just not getting it. If there's a sudden need to increase nuclear capacity (and there should be for commercial power) -- how do we put sanctions on a country that can literally price us OUT of the nuclear fuel market? You're re-posting partisan talking points and IGNORING the realities of the thinking points.

I don't think Trump ever once said Hillary is trying to help Russia corner the market on uranium so they can price us out of the market. Not once. He continues to say Hillary gave them 20% of our uranium.

However to your argument.

Sources and shares of purchases of uranium produced in foreign countries in 2016:

• Canada–25%
  • Kazakhstan–24%
  • Australia–20%
  • Russia–14%
  • Uzbekistan–4%
  • Malawi, Namibia, Niger, and South Africa–10%
  • Brazil, Bulgaria, China, Czech Republic, Germany, and Ukraine–2%
Where Our Uranium Comes From - Energy Explained, Your Guide To Understanding Energy - Energy Information Administration

World Nuclear Association - World Nuclear Association

That's WHERE IT'S FROM. Not who CONTROLS the production. You're still not getting it..

The so called scandal involves the mines in the US. Had a US objection been raised all the Canadian company had to do was get rid of the US mines and the sale could have been completed without needing approval from the US.

The real goal of the sale for Russia was to obtain the mining operation in Kazakhstan.

Again that is altogether different than the pseudo-scandal the RWM is crowing on and on about.
Exactly how does acquiring 20% of our Uranium by paying bribes to Clinton, Obama, and members of the Intelligence Committee equate with Russia wanting a mining operation in Kazakhstan?

Again, you have dishonored yourself with lies.

Commit Hare Kari and regain your honor.

Didn't you read the Times article?

Here, let NPR sum it up for you.

SIEGEL: And the company Uranium One owned uranium mines in the United States.

BECKER: It did. It also owned stakes in large mines - very lucrative mines in Kazakhstan, and that actually was primarily what the Russian government was interested in. But because they had these mines in Wyoming, the deal required government approval.

Clinton Foundation Linked To Russian Effort To Buy Uranium Company

I'm not RW.

Yea not RW, you just push every RW conspiracy theory that happens to come your way. :rolleyes:

Got 20 years of SOLELY supporting 3rd party and Indie candidates. More of Liberal on Civil Liberties and social than you'll ever be. THIS is matter of a govt ROTTING from the inside. It's not partisan AT ALL. YOU -- just make it that way...

Except that.....Russia didn't need the tiny amount of U ore those mines produce.

" February 1993, Russia and the United States signed an agreement on the disposition of highly enriched uranium (HEU) extracted from Russian nuclear weapons.[1] Under the terms of the deal, Russia undertook to down-blend 500 tons[2] of HEU, enough to build 20,000 nuclear warheads, over a 20-year period. The two sides agreed that the resulting low-enriched uranium (LEU) would be used as fuel by nuclear power plants in the United States, hence the informal name of the program, “Megatons to Megawatts.”

Looking Back: The U.S.-Russian Uranium Deal: Results and Lessons | Arms Control Association

Got that? 500 tons of Highly Enriched Uranium! Sent to and sold to nuclear power plants in the US.

So what? Why is it you have no indignation to SOLE extraction rights for Uranium in the US? For ANY amount.

You seem to be applauding our dependence on Russia for this critical resource. Since WHEN has it become fashionable to do business with Russia again? You think a Trump HOTEL in Moscow is a bigger deal?

That's crazy talk.

Exactly. They are talking out of both sides of their mouths.

They claim Russia is an enemy, yet they claim it's ok for Russia to control 20% of the US uranium reserves.

Which one is it? Are they are enemy or an ally?

The claim is that Sec. Clinton did something criminal during the approval process, or that she gave Russia 20% or our uranium. Neither of which are true. Not what I think about Russia owning the parent company that own these mines. The worst case is that Russia makes a profit from selling to our uranium to us. Certainly not what that cretin in the WH said about it.

They now the ability to CUT BACK production in the US in order to raise prices elsewhere ----- reduce investment in capital equipment or investment in that mines --- And OTHERWISE manipulate their growing share of world-wide uranium production. I can't help that leftists are too stupid to KNOW the full scope of the dangers here.

It's a matter of global dominance in that marketplace. A STRATEGICALLY critical marketplace. That is the issue. Not that they are here mining it.

What you don’t get is that this is NOT A SECURITY THREAT, it is a financial concern. All DoS did was approve this deal as not a security threat.

Russia has more uranium than it will ever need and has no use in exporting ours.

ANYTIME you give up sovereignty over natural resources --- ESPECIALLY energy and strategically important markets to a potentially HOSTILE competitor --- It's a matter of GRAVE national security. You DO consider Russia "a potentially hostile competitor" --- RIGHT? :badgrin:

It's not JUST economic. It's geopolitical strategic manuevering room. How do you enforce sanctions on a country that can throttle back production of a strategic commodity within your own country and control the WORLD PRICE of that market?

It's really simple. But over the heads of the "talking points" crew..

It's not about what fractions the US and NEED and USE. It's about hegemony over a complete MARKET. And being able to set SUPPLY and prices...

Why would our government APPROVE such a deal? Especially with the knowledge that Putin was looking at expansion of Russian influence. Was it in EXCHANGE for not dividing Ukraine? What the hell were they thinking?

Last edited:
So what? Why is it you have no indignation to SOLE extraction rights for Uranium in the US? For ANY amount.

You seem to be applauding our dependence on Russia for this critical resource. Since WHEN has it become fashionable to do business with Russia again? You think a Trump HOTEL in Moscow is a bigger deal?

That's crazy talk.

They claim Russia is an enemy, yet they claim it's ok for Russia to control 20% of the US uranium reserves.

The claim is that Sec. Clinton did something criminal during the approval process, or that she gave Russia 20% or our uranium. Neither of which are true. Not what I think about Russia owning the parent company that own these mines. The worst case is that Russia makes a profit from selling to our uranium to us. Certainly not what that cretin in the WH said about it.

They now the ability to CUT BACK production in the US in order to raise prices elsewhere ----- reduce investment in capital equipment or investment in that mines --- And OTHERWISE manipulate their growing share of world-wide uranium production. I can't help that leftists are too stupid to KNOW the full scope of the dangers here.

It's a matter of global dominance in that marketplace. A STRATEGICALLY critical marketplace. That is the issue. Not that they are here mining it.

What you don’t get is that this is NOT A SECURITY THREAT, it is a financial concern. All DoS did was approve this deal as not a security threat.

Russia has more uranium than it will ever need and has no use in exporting ours.

ANYTIME you give up sovereignty over natural resources --- ESPECIALLY energy and strategically important markets to a potentially HOSTILE competitor --- It's a matter of GRAVE national security. You DO consider Russia "a potentially hostile competitor" --- RIGHT? :badgrin:

It's not JUST economic. It's geopolitical strategic manuevering room. How do you enforce sanctions on a country that can throttle back production of a strategic commodity within your own country and control the WORLD PRICE of that market?

Isn't it interesting that the Progs dont seem to mind if the Clintons and the Obama admin colluded with Russia, but Trump's ALLEGED collusion with Russia is the worst thing that has ever happened to America?

Their hypocrisy is absolutely astounding.

"...the FBI's bust couldn't have come at a worse time for the Clintons as it came literally the day before Bill Clinton delivered a $500,000 speech in Moscow on behalf of a Russian bank with an interest in securing approval of the controversial Uranium One deal..."

Of course, given that the Clintons were on the verge of securing a windfall of donations for their "Clinton Foundation," which came shortly after the Uranium One deal was completed just a few months later....Hillary was forced to choose between exploiting an intelligence treasure chest of information for the benefit of the country at large or covering up yet another scandal that would potentially disrupt her family's personal self-enrichment schemes..."

What Do Hillary, Uranium One, And An FBI Bust Of A Deep Cover Russian Spy Network Have In Common?

My questions are:

1) At what point can liberals dismiss things such as the above because they supposedly come from conservative sites...and at what point does the burden of proof shift to the Clintons, and the Obamas and the liberals to explain just what the Hell was going on.

2) Why would a Russian operation:

a) involved in criminal enterprises, as are now proved and made public;

b) seeking to buy U. S. Uranium which needed the approval of the Obama administration and the Clinton State Department;

c) bother to stop and "donate" 145 million dollars to the Clinton Foundation; and

d) Why couldn't The Washington Post, a Pravda-like Shill for the Democratic Party, not be able to come up with a better excuse for the above than that it was sort of like people staying in a Trump Hotel to curry favor with Don Trump.

3) I have seen the number of 145 MILLION as the amount "donated" by the Russian Uranium Interests to the Clinton Foundation....but the amount is so enormous that I can hardly believe it myself...yet I have not seen it DENIED! Can any body prove it is the wrong amount?

Sounds like WATERGATE times 145 million dollars!

already debunked moron

That's crazy talk.

Russia is a significant but not dominant player in uranium markets. Less than four percent of current world uranium production and nine percent of world uranium reserves are on Russian soil. Adding foreign mines and deposits that are controlled by Russia increases this total to about 14 percent of production and 12 percent of reserves, but these foreign assets—particularly those in the United States—are far less susceptible to political or economic manipulation by Russia than are its domestic resources.

Uranium is widely viewed as a strategic commodity, and actions to secure resources beyond state borders are far from unique to Russia. In the past decade, China has purchased stakes in uranium deposits in Africa, Central Asia, and Australia representing some 500,000 metric tons (or tonnes) of uranium in the ground. The French multinational AREVA has a long history of investing in uranium projects across the world, notably in sub-Saharan Africa.

In the longer term, an increase in the price of uranium would encourage exploration and development of new mines around the world, undercutting any attempt to control the market. Therefore, although expanded control by one country can lead to short-term price spikes, such a spike in uranium prices would not present a danger to the economy as a whole, or even to utilities that are heavily dependent on nuclear power. Globally, uranium supply and reserves are adequate and will remain so. Market forces will act over the medium to long term to expand production, exploit existing reserves, discover new resources, and reduce prices. The Russian government will have little control over these dynamics.

The New York Times was wrong; Russian uranium deals don't threaten world supply security.

I'm not RW.

Yea not RW, you just push every RW conspiracy theory that happens to come your way. :rolleyes:

Got 20 years of SOLELY supporting 3rd party and Indie candidates. More of Liberal on Civil Liberties and social than you'll ever be. THIS is matter of a govt ROTTING from the inside. It's not partisan AT ALL. YOU -- just make it that way...

and yet you think trumptardfs aren't lying trolls.

and your belief that government is rotting from the inside is proof that your grasp of facts is limited.

but let's play it your way... the house has termites.... do you get some bug spray or do you burn the house down?

trumptards burned the house down for a white supremacist enabler

Progs, simply apply the rules you use for conservative politicians to your own politicians.

Instead of "OBAMA" and "BILL AND HILLARY CLINTON" colluding with Russia, change the names to "GEORGE BUSH" and "DONALD RUMSFELD"

...now you are pissed off, right?

Just apply the same standards to all elected officials. It's not that challenging.

every RW Trump drone in the country has radiation poisoning since they learned how to spell uranium.

if these dopes ever find something thats really worth carping about 24/7 I'll be shocked.

I'm not RW.

and your belief that government is rotting from the inside is proof that your grasp of facts is limited.

but let's play it your way... the house has termites.... do you get some bug spray or do you burn the house down?

I don't want to burn the house down. I want a complete change of management. One that STARTS with MORE voter choice and the death of both existing arrogant power hungry political parties.

It IS rotting from inside. Only 5 people decide on legislative action. Those are the Congressional "party bosses" and the Prez. The other 531 Hill critters are just window dressing. Can't speak out. Can't buck the bosses. That's why NOTHING ever gets fixed.

And why the 2 parties are now locked in endless bickering and tribal warfare and taking all their (shrinking #) of loyalists down the tubes with them. To ME --- from where I sit -- it all looks something like this.

I'm not RW.

I don't want to burn the house down. I want a complete change of management. One that STARTS with MORE voter choice and the death of both existing arrogant power hungry political parties.

It IS rotting from inside. Only 5 people decide on legislative action. Those are the Congressional "party bosses" and the Prez. The other 531 Hill critters are just window dressing. Can't speak out. Can't buck the bosses. That's why NOTHING ever gets fixed.

And why the 2 parties are now locked in endless bickering and tribal warfare and taking all their (shrinking #) of loyalists down the tubes with them. To ME --- from where I sit -- it all looks something like this.

We really need to vote out ALL INCUMBENTS who have served more than 2 terms.

EVERY SINGLE ONE. The draw of corruption is too great for elected officials.

We have to have 2 term limits for ALL ELECTED OFFICIALS IN THE UNITED STATES.

We have it for POTUS....it should be the same for all elected officials.

I'm not RW.

We have to have 2 terms limits for ALL ELECTED OFFICIALS IN THE UNITED STATES.

To ME -- it's not term limits. It's limit on the POWER of the incumbents. It's now a life CAREER because of the deck stacking. You get rid of the deck stacking and people who DESERVE to continue will..

To ME -- it's not term limits. It's limit on the POWER of the incumbents. It's now a life CAREER because of the deck stacking. You get rid of the deck stacking and people who DESERVE to continue will..

Well, we can actually see and count 2 terms.

How do you limit the power of incumbents and deck stacking, specifically?

Well, we can actually see and count 2 terms.

How do you limit the power of incumbents and deck stacking, specifically?

By re-designing the "work rules" in the House/Senate for starters. None of their colluding agreements on power sharing come from the Constitution. They've had 150 years to MAKE this a 2 party government. And every delegation of power is BASED on the whims of those 2 parties.

Need to disconnect "party control" from everyday life on the Hill. Should be ILLEGAL to use your office to enhance your "party".

THEN -- there's the issue of govt/corporate collusion. A topic only Libertarians are dedicated to fixing. NO picking winners/losers in marketplaces that are well established. Congress has become a place to make $MILLs. And they do that by TAKING the power to grant increasing amounts of favors. Look at the financials of freshman CongressCritters versus senior members.

MONEY is really not the issue it once was. Recent elections have shown how you can be outspent 3 or 4 to one and still win. It's ACCESS to media and message. So there IS hope. And you WILL SEE a lot of Indies and 3rd party runs.

Just a few "un-tribal" folks in Congress can make a HUGE diff. Look at Corker. Isn't running. CAN SPEAK OUT. Elect a dozen Indies/3rd parties and scandals like Uranium One --- will be outed and dealt with. Because the 2 brand name parties WON'T control the spin and deal making to cover it up...

That's crazy talk.

ANYTIME you give up sovereignty over natural resources

There was NO SOVEREIGNTY CHANGE - Canadian owned company became Russian owned company. United States has no more or less sovereignty it always had over this private mining.

I'm not RW.

Yea? Non-partisan? What do you think about Mueller's investigation?

Forum List

Back