More On Jon Stewart

I thought Jon Stewart was a comedian, thanks for clearing that up for me and letting me know he is a "reporter".

I was patiently waiting for someone to post that. Unfortunately, too many young people get their "news" from Jon Stewart and think they're being educated.

I don't think you should have waited, you should have posted that thought yourself first.
I agree that too many people consider entertainment shows news.
I must say though that the south park episode about the election might just be spot on.....
(that is a sarcastic joke)

I think Stewart was dead on.
This isn't the big win the Flat Earthers like Coburn think it is, but yeah, the researchers clearly fucked up by having faulty recordkeeping.

And didn't Jon Stewart also say in that segment that global warming is still real?

Why are you all ignoring that? I know . . . I bet you good your "report" from Fox News in the morning, who twice ran the wrong spot.

And didn't Jon Stewart also say in that segment that global warming is still real?

Why are you all ignoring that? I know . . . I bet you good your "report" from Fox News in the morning, who twice ran the wrong spot.

It's why, unlike Libruls, I can't take Jon Steward seriously.

The story is that there's no science to support the "Ravenous CO2 Spaghetti Monster is Eating the Glaciers" Theory aka ManMade Global Warming.

Jon, AGW is totally busted, there's no warming since 1996, you might as well believe the Earth is 6,000 years old

Gee, I thought he was saying that he wants the truth on the cause. No one is denying that warming is occurring, rather the cause is in question. So, if it's 'man made' then the temps need to be tied to 19th century onward. Problem is, there is lots of signs that this is not a unique event, rather cyclical. There's that pesky Middle Age warming period, with no carbon emissions. The fact that the scientists were fooling with both warming and cooling periods, adjusting if you will, is what Stewart was warning about. Destroying the raw data? Beyond the pale.

Come on, Annie, you are complaining about data being destroyed or misintepreted? Is that the point you are making? The real question is: how significant was the spin? No one seems to want to state that, and no one wants to notice that Fox News hoaxed up the video of Stewart. Don't yell about integrity if your folks won't do it themselves. Pathetic.

I think Stewart was dead on.
This isn't the big win the Flat Earthers like Coburn think it is, but yeah, the researchers clearly fucked up by having faulty recordkeeping.

I agree, recordkeeping definitely was poor. It would be nice if UAE turned over everything they have and let an independent group regather the raw data and run several scenarios.

A. Try to duplicate UAE's findings using their exact methodology.
B. Run the data using a single consistent model.
C. Run the data in its raw state using UAE's methodology.
D. Run the data raw using a single consistent model.

I think the sun and earth have more say in climate than man. It would be nice to know specifically the level of impact we do have. Man impacts many things on earth and if this research, money and resources can be better used to work on those, I think we owe it to ourselves and future generations to focus our attention there. Should global warming be the big ticking time bomb then that is good to know for sure too.

Come on, Annie, you are complaining about data being destroyed or misintepreted? Is that the point you are making? The real question is: how significant was the spin? No one seems to want to state that, and no one wants to notice that Fox News hoaxed up the video of Stewart. Don't yell about integrity if your folks won't do it themselves. Pathetic.

Ok, I post on the emails, Stewart, and you go off on FOX. Interesting, irrelevant, but interesting.

The arguments about Stewart come from Fox, Annie. Don't be shy here.

WTF are you talking about? The Stewart video was posted here and that's where the comments are coming from. That you wish to divert from Climate information to FOX isn't my problem. I've yet to watch the news tonight, you got something specific you are babbling about?

Ok, I post on the emails, Stewart, and you go off on FOX. Interesting, irrelevant, but interesting.

How significant was the spin you ask? Let's see, if you are unethical enough to spin science, then you might as well spin it enough to look right. If there was a question you might be viewed as wrong, then you would make sure to make significant enough changes to be completely right. Is there a "white lie" area in science? I think not.

Since when is destroying or misinterperting or misrepresenting scientific findings and data considered unworthy of a complaint? This is the part where yo go and find another scientist that did the same thing only worse, so you can justify UAE's actions. You are nothing but predictable.

How significant was the spin you ask? Let's see, if you are unethical enough to spin science, then you might as well spin it enough to look right. If there was a question you might be viewed as wrong, then you would make sure to make significant enough changes to be completely right. Is there a "white lie" area in science? I think not.

Since when is destroying or misinterperting or misrepresenting scientific findings and data considered unworthy of a complaint? This is the part where yo go and find another scientist that did the same thing only worse, so you can justify UAE's actions. You are nothing but predictable.

Maybe I am, but you are incoherent, so I'd rather be predictable.

Maybe I am, but you are incoherent, so I'd rather be predictable.

Annie, Saveliberty was talking to Jake on this one. I think he just used the wrong post to post his reply.

Forum List

Back