More leftist indoctrination: The Lego Movie.

American4Americ

Doge of Venezia
Oct 22, 2013
America
This piece of leftist garbage has naturally topped the charts in rating for one reason... it is more leftist trash. I haven't actually watched the movie, but you need to go no further than to the see the name of the primary antagonist to see how shallow and depraved this attempt at a film was.

From the above: "This piece of leftist garbage has naturally topped the charts in rating for one reason... it is more leftist trash. I haven't actually watched the movie, but you need to go no further than to the see the name of the primary antagonist to see how shallow and depraved this attempt at a film was."

I think you're ok, but these people

th

think you're a judgmental asshole.

Can you explain HOW its leftist garbage? I got kids but I got no interest in seeing this movie..simply because its not my kind of movie.

Maybe the bad guy is a horrible business person and treats his employees like slaves...

he never saw the movie, but he thinks its leftist garbage.

this is why right-wingers are such idiotic assholes.

The movie is about an evil tyrant who wants the Lego world to stay static and unchanging, without any individuality or freedom. The movie has a classic heterosexual love story.

How is that part of a Leftist agenda?

It has earned a massive profit for it's investors, it's a kid's movie and it came out of Hollywood so it's capitalist garbage.

Aaron Shill of the LDS Deseret News put the movie in perspective:

"I took my entire family to see “The Lego Movie” on opening day last weekend. We left the theater quoting Batman, laughing about Emmet’s empty-headedness and singing the annoyingly catchy “Everything is Awesome.”

And I’m fairly certain we emerged un-indoctrinated by the film’s supposed anti-capitalist message.

I wouldn’t have given much consideration to that last condition had I completely avoided media consumption. But it was difficult to miss mentions of a Fox Business discussion questioning whether Hollywood was "pushing its anti-business message to our kids," as host Charles Payne put it.

I guess I just missed that. In fact, the day after seeing the film, I couldn’t resist running out and buying a $50 "Lego Movie" set so that my kids and I could spend a few hours building, reminiscing and playing with the Emmet minifigure."

'The Lego Movie' is 'anti-business' and political? Sorry, I missed that | Deseret News

I read there was also a lot of right wing complaints about the movie "Wall-E". Supposedly that movie also had an evil Lefist agenda, because it was about the Earth becoming inhabitable due to pollution, and the humans fighting to return to the Earth when they discover it may again be inhabitable with a lot of hard work.

I read there was also a lot of right wing complaints about the movie "Wall-E". Supposedly that movie also had an evil Lefist agenda, because it was about the Earth becoming inhabitable due to pollution, and the humans fighting to return to the Earth when they discover it may again be inhabitable with a lot of hard work.

Wall-E wasn't even a good movie.

Bill O'Reilly's rant about the similarities between smoking marijuana and texting was some batshit insanity, but this? Jesus Christ, people. Who actually believes this shit?

The Lego Movie, put out by Warner Brothers, is anti-capitalist? Warner Bros. is anti-capitalist? Do you Teabaggers even listen to yourselves? How much did the movie take in? $70M on the opening weekend? Yeah, it sure had a resounding message of anti-capitalism.

there's a reason the antagonist is called lord business and it has nothing to do with any anti-capitalist message.

also, the movie was great. hilarious.

Forum List

Back