More israeli racism - police to halt Arab Jerusalem event

Shogun

Free: Mudholes Stomped
Jan 8, 2007
Israeli police warned on Friday it would not allow the Palestinians to hold cultural events in east Jerusalem to mark the city's designation as the 2009 "capital of Arab culture."

"Police will deploy reinforcements in Jerusalem tomorrow to prevent any Palestinian attempt to hold official activities," police spokesman Smulik ben Rubi said.

The Palestinian Authority was planning to organise Saturday cultural activites in annexed, mostly Arab east Jerusalem to launch celebrations marking the proclamation of the Holy City as 2009 "capital of Arab culture."

Arab culture ministers have confered that designation on a city each year since 1996. Damascus held the title in 2008.

Israel, which annexed east Jerusalem after occupying it in 1967, bans any official Palestinian activity in that part of the city.

The Palestinians consider east Jerusalem as the capital of their future state but Israel sees it as belonging to its "eternal and undivided capital."

Israeli police to halt Arab Jerusalem event

:eusa_shhh:

Israeli police warned on Friday it would not allow the Palestinians to hold cultural events in east Jerusalem to mark the city's designation as the 2009 "capital of Arab culture."

"Police will deploy reinforcements in Jerusalem tomorrow to prevent any Palestinian attempt to hold official activities," police spokesman Smulik ben Rubi said.

The Palestinian Authority was planning to organise Saturday cultural activites in annexed, mostly Arab east Jerusalem to launch celebrations marking the proclamation of the Holy City as 2009 "capital of Arab culture."

Arab culture ministers have confered that designation on a city each year since 1996. Damascus held the title in 2008.

Israel, which annexed east Jerusalem after occupying it in 1967, bans any official Palestinian activity in that part of the city.

The Palestinians consider east Jerusalem as the capital of their future state but Israel sees it as belonging to its "eternal and undivided capital."

So the Arab culture ministers decided to name Jerusalem '2009 Capital of Arab Culture' despite knowing that no Palestinian events are allowed there, correct? Or am I misreading the article?

no Palestinian events are allowed

go ahead and roll that statement through your brain a few times and see if it tastes sweeter or more bitter if we replace the words palestinean with JEW and jerusalem with Boca Raton.

go ahead and roll that statement through your brain a few times and see if it tastes sweeter or more bitter if we replace the words palestinean with JEW and jerusalem with Boca Raton.

No, I agree, it would be equally bitter. But that wasn't my point.

My point was why would the people who make these decisions make one that was clearly going to be a problem, unless of course they wanted it to be a political statement, which I'm sure is the case.

And inasmuch as you (and others, of course) feel aggrieved about it, they have achieved their objective. Is it racism? Not in my book, at least not in the classical sense. Merely another example of a group of people deliberately provoking an incident in order to try and stack the deck of world opinion. The Israelis are very good at the same game.

If I lived in that part of the world, I'd probably be more passionate one way of the other, or at least less cynical. But I don't, and I'm not.

So the Arab culture ministers decided to name Jerusalem '2009 Capital of Arab Culture' despite knowing that no Palestinian events are allowed there, correct? Or am I misreading the article?

No, you've got the idea right.

Israel is a JEWISH state. Jerusalem is its capital.

The difference is that Arabs are illegal immigrants in East Jerusalem. I gave you that link to hundreds of thousands of sources that prove my point of the illegal Arab immigration into Jewish Palestine during the 1920s and 1930s. How's your reading going on them?

Oh wait, let me guess. They're all, every single one of them, Jewish sources and they completely distort the truth.

Okay, so if you think you know the truth, say it then. Tell me how there wasn't a massive Arab immigration into Jewish Palestine in the 1920s and 1930s. Please - I await your links.

My point was why would the people who make these decisions make one that was clearly going to be a problem, unless of course they wanted it to be a political statement, which I'm sure is the case.

And inasmuch as you (and others, of course) feel aggrieved about it, they have achieved their objective. Is it racism? Not in my book, at least not in the classical sense. Merely another example of a group of people deliberately provoking an incident in order to try and stack the deck of world opinion. The Israelis are very good at the same game.

If I lived in that part of the world, I'd probably be more passionate one way of the other, or at least less cynical. But I don't, and I'm not.

Is it wrong for a group of people to do anything to stack the deck of world opinion especially when it has to do with something that the whole world has agreed is right: ending the occupation? It is a form of peaceful resistance.

Is it wrong for a group of people to do anything to stack the deck of world opinion especially when it has to do with something that the whole world has agreed is right: ending the occupation? It is a form of peaceful resistance.

No, there's nothing wrong with it. But my point was it isn't racism, which was what the OP contended.

well, i guess we could ask college bound alabama blacks the came thing circa 1964, eh?

for real.. if America operated in the same fashion as you zionist enablers seem to want we'd still be stick with segregation.

No, you've got the idea right.

Israel is a JEWISH state. Jerusalem is its capital.

just like America is a WHITE state, eh? Still can't name the jewish founding father, can you?

The difference is that Arabs are illegal immigrants in East Jerusalem. I gave you that link to hundreds of thousands of sources that prove my point of the illegal Arab immigration into Jewish Palestine during the 1920s and 1930s. How's your reading going on them?

Oh wait, let me guess. They're all, every single one of them, Jewish sources and they completely distort the truth.

Okay, so if you think you know the truth, say it then. Tell me how there wasn't a massive Arab immigration into Jewish Palestine in the 1920s and 1930s. Please - I await your links.

yea dude.. palis SURE ARE illiegal aliens! :lol:

sayeth the "carve a nation out of your land" zionist!

HA!

and yes, pussy... if your "evidence" amounts to the jewish virtual library then...

:lol:

well, i guess we could ask college bound alabama blacks the came thing circa 1964, eh?

for real.. if America operated in the same fashion as you zionist enablers seem to want we'd still be stick with segregation.

Well that's something I've never been called before. Zionist enabler. Hmmm. So if you don't vociferously condemn something, you enable it, correct? Holy shit. I'm more politically active than I thought.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
hey, did you think every single german was a diehard nazi jew hater?

let me rephrase that..

did you think every non-jew German in German circa 1945 uniformly hated jews enough to parade the holocaust or can you fathom how apathy and disinterest in jewish humanity enabled 6 million deaths to 6 million jews?

let me rephrase that..

did you think every non-jew German in German circa 1945 uniformly hated jews enough to parade the holocaust or can you fathom how apathy and disinterest in jewish humanity enabled 6 million deaths to 6 million jews?

No, I know that many Germans had nothing in particular against jews. I also know that many who had nothing in particular against jews were seduced by those that did, either because of:

1. Apathy.
2. Fear.
3. Fervent nationalism.
4. They were unaware of the extent of the horror.
5. Anti jewish propoganda

soo... can you fathom a modern equivalence happening regarding the Palestinians?

all five of your bullet points apply.

soo... can you fathom a modern equivalence happening regarding the Palestinians?

all five of your bullet points apply.

Yeeees, I can fathom it, but I don't necessarily buy it.

If I were a Palestinian I'd be pissed at the world because of displacement from the current state of Israel. I'd be pissed at Israel for taking by force land it was not entitled to. I'd be pissed at Israel for the hard (even brutal) line it takes with those it considers a threat. And I'd be pissed at America for appearing to support Israel through thick and thin.

If I'm an Israeli however, I'd be pissed that neighboring countries did not respect Israel's sovereignty. I'd be pissed that every country around mine wants to blow me to kingdom come. I'd be pissed at the frequent and indiscriminate attacks that kill Israeli women and children. And I'd be pissed that after thousands of years of jews being persecuted pretty much everywhere they go that the world now, once again, seems to be siding with those who want to wipe jews off the face of the earth.

Please note neither is meant to be an exhaustive list of "reasons to be pissed".

Neither of the above viewpoints is fair, and neither side (for the moment anyway) seems to be willing to take any real concrete steps towards finding common ground and building a future together.

For these reasons, irrespective of what anyone may say in support of one side or the other, I will continue to reserve judgement and support until I see conclusively that men of goodwill on one side or the other genuinely are doing what it takes to find a peaceful solution. I don't see anything even approaching that at present.

I do understand that each side feels they have been provoked, have legitimate grievances and have suffered atrocities. But nobody said this was going to be easy, or quick. And no progress will be made until each side makes an effort to understand the perspective of the other.

if Saudi Arabia doesn't respect israel as a nation this is no excuse to treat pali's how jews were ironically treated in ww2. We are literally seeing the zionist version of manifest destiny and if you can't swim above your apathy then.. well.. I guess it's a good thing it's not jews in the choke hold of a dominant ehtnicity or you might have to actually give a fuck about the humanity of dirty ass goyim.

if Saudi Arabia doesn't respect israel as a nation this is no excuse to treat pali's how jews were ironically treated in ww2. We are literally seeing the zionist version of manifest destiny and if you can't swim above your apathy then.. well.. I guess it's a good thing it's not jews in the choke hold of a dominant ehtnicity or you might have to actually give a fuck about the humanity of dirty ass goyim.

I've tried to be honest and open with you and to give you my reasons in a clear and respectful manner, but your last post just makes it pointless to continue. It appears that you despise jews and don't understand how anyone can see them as anything but scum. I can't understand how anyone can view an entire group as scum. So I guess there our paths diverge and I'll leave you to it.

Forum List

Back