Massive car bomb in Haifa neutralized

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
'Free Galilee' terror group claims attempted Haifa bombing | Israel | Jerusalem Post

The 'Free Galilee' terror group claimed responsibility for an attempted car bombing attack at a Haifa mall on Saturday night.

The massive attack was averted after one of several explosive devices hidden in a parked vehicle malfunctioned.

After being alerted by an employee of the Lev Hamifratz shopping center, who reported hearing an explosion at about 8:30 p.m. Saturday, police sappers were dispatched to scan the area.
The sappers found a partially exploded bomb in the trunk of a white Subaru car which was parked outside the shopping center.
A further search of the vehicle uncovered several more unexploded bombs, which were neutralized by the sappers. No one was injured.
It was not immediately clear how the vehicle managed to get past the security checks at the mall entrance. The car was registered to a woman who lives in Jerusalem, but police would not release her identity. Northern District head Cmdr. Shimon Koren told Army Radio on Sunday morning that the vehicle had been stolen.
Police immediately moved to evacuate the mall, which was filled with shoppers, and sealed off the area.
A major road adjacent to the mall was also closed to traffic, as police went on high alert across the Haifa area. Roadblocks were erected and the police presence was increased in crowded areas.
The mall and the surrounding area were reopened on Sunday morning.
Northern Police spokesman Moshe Weitzman told The Jerusalem Post that "dozens of kilograms of explosives" were uncovered in the car.
"We have gone on alert and will remain prepared," Weitzman said.
A joint police-Shin Bet (Israel Security Agency) meeting was held in the hours following the incident.

Al Jazeera said:
Israel car bomb 'disaster' averted

Ehud Olmert, the Israeli prime minister, has said the discovery of a bomb in Haifa has "prevented a huge disaster".

Israeli police defused an explosives-laden car parked outside a shopping centre in the northern city late on Saturday.

Israeli media reported a little-known Palestinian faction, Liberators of the Galilee, as claiming responsibility for the bomb.

The group was reported as saying it wanted to avenge Israel's demolition of Palestinian homes in Jerusalem and the recent Israeli military offensive in Gaza.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middleeast/2009/03/200932212454843915.html

This is the fruit of Israel's latest fuck-up.

Al Jazeera said:

Ehud Olmert, the Israeli prime minister, has said the discovery of a bomb in Haifa has "prevented a huge disaster".

Israeli police defused an explosives-laden car parked outside a shopping centre in the northern city late on Saturday.

Israeli media reported a little-known Palestinian faction, Liberators of the Galilee, as claiming responsibility for the bomb.

The group was reported as saying it wanted to avenge Israel's demolition of Palestinian homes in Jerusalem and the recent Israeli military offensive in Gaza.

Al Jazeera English - Middle East - Israel car bomb 'disaster' averted

ah, i spoke too soon
yeah, its Israel's fault for everything, isnt it

Al Jazeera said:

Al Jazeera English - Middle East - Israel car bomb 'disaster' averted

It's Israel's fault that terrorists bomb Israel which causes Israel to bomb terrorists that causes terrorists to bomb Israel and on and on and on.

Enough of your bullshit. If the fucking Arabs would stop playing the role of a victim and finally take responsibility for themselves, they wouldn't continuously be bombed by Israel. But hey, don't let the facts stand in the way of your argument. Keep making this about what Israel does....

Note to everyone else who lives in REALITY: Israel only attacks AFTER it's attacked. It took nearly 10,000 rockets fired at Israel to respond in kind. The next bomb that goes off or rocket that lands in a kindergarten, I say Israel just says "FUCK IT" and levels all of Gaza. No country would ever tolerate this shit the way Israel does. Maybe one million dead Arabs will finally teach the world a lesson: STOP KILLING JEWS.

Al Jazeera said:

[u=://english.aljazeera.net/news/middleeast/2009/03/200932212454843915.html]Al Jazeera English - Middle East - Israel car bomb 'disaster' averted[/url]

It's Israel's fault that terrorists bomb Israel which causes Israel to bomb terrorists that causes terrorists to bomb Israel and on and on and on.

Enough of your bullshit. If the fucking Arabs would stop playing the role of a victim and finally take responsibility for themselves, they wouldn't continuously be bombed by Israel. But hey, don't let the facts stand in the way of your argument. Keep making this about what Israel does....

Note to everyone else who lives in REALITY: Israel only attacks AFTER it's attacked. It took nearly 10,000 rockets fired at Israel to respond in kind. The next bomb that goes off or rocket that lands in a kindergarten, I say Israel just says "FUCK IT" and levels all of Gaza. No country would ever tolerate this shit the way Israel does. Maybe one million dead Arabs will finally teach the world a lesson: STOP KILLING JEWS.

The Israeli Government is indeed a government to be condemned. Their disproportionate patience and constant appeasement of international criticizers is absolutely pathetic, and traitorous. The Government needs to respond to rocket attacks after every individual instance.

Every time a rocket is fired increases the chances of one of those rockets hitting a child. While idiots like Shogun and other Arabs can't understand why such a "low" number of rocket-related deaths upsets us so much, its because we value and cherish each and every life. Unlike the Muslims, there isn't more than a billion expendable Jews.

Essentially...

Of course, terrorists should be blamed for choosing civilian targets. Attacks against the Israeli military and government are mostly justifiable, though. It's a war, ain't it?

Take responsibility for themselves? How, exactly, are Palestinians supposed to be able to do anything with the blockade still in place? If Israel ended its apartheid-like policies and collaborated with Egypt to lift the blockade, prosperity would be possible if efforts were also made to rebuild what Israel has destroyed. Until then, the Palestinians aren't going to be able to do shit outside of venting their frustration by supporting terrorist groups and lobbing poorly-constructed rockets towards Israeli population centers.

Note to everyone else who lives in REALITY: Israel only attacks AFTER it's attacked. It took nearly 10,000 rockets fired at Israel to respond in kind.
How many died from those rocket attacks, again?

The next bomb that goes off or rocket that lands in a kindergarten, I say Israel just says "FUCK IT" and levels all of Gaza.
Israel would subsequently be overrun by every Islamic country in its vicinity. The US wouldn't be there to change its diaper and hand it munitions.

No country would ever tolerate this shit the way Israel does. Maybe one million dead Arabs will finally teach the world a lesson: STOP KILLING JEWS.
You mad? Go ahead and masturbate to thoughts of an Arab genocide, tough guy. It'll never happen.

The Israeli Government is indeed a government to be condemned. Their disproportionate patience and constant appeasement of international criticizers is absolutely pathetic, and traitorous. The Government needs to respond to rocket attacks after every individual instance.

Every time a rocket is fired increases the chances of one of those rockets hitting a child. While idiots like Shogun and other Arabs can't understand why such a "low" number of rocket-related deaths upsets us so much, its because we value and cherish each and every life. Unlike the Muslims, there isn't more than a billion expendable Jews.

Sieg heil! No threat to ze Master Race vill be tolerated!

ZIO_nazi_flag_with_blood_55.JPG

Kalam, how many rockets would you allow to fall in and around your house(as long as no one was killed) before you called the police?

Kalam, how many rockets would you allow to fall in and around your house(as long as no one was killed) before you called the police?

Not many, to be sure. You know what I wouldn't do, though? I wouldn't bomb the entire neighborhood of the guy who was launching them. I wouldn't kill his entire family and his neighbors' families.

Not many, to be sure. You know what I wouldn't do, though? I wouldn't bomb the entire neighborhood of the guy who was launching them. I wouldn't kill his entire family and his neighbors' families.
even after you had already called the police, they came out and told him to stop
but after the police left it started again
so you called again, they come out, tell them to stop, so they do, but again only till the police leave
then its lobbing rockets again, and NOW they have stronger more accurate rockets and are damaging your house

even after you had already called the police, they came out and told him to stop
so you called again, they come out, tell them to stop, so they do, but again only till the police leave
then its lobbing rockets again, and NOW they have stronger more accurate rockets and are damaging your house
I'd kill whoever was launching the rockets. Not his family, not his neighbors. I'd then move somewhere with fewer terrorists and a more effective police force...

I'd kill whoever was launching the rockets. Not his family, not his neighbors. I'd then move somewhere with fewer terrorists and a more effective police force...
and what if you couldnt just kill him without killing his family as well?
what then?

btw, you are bitching about a more effective police force

I'd high-tail it outta there. My presence there would obviously not be wanted for one reason or another, and I wouldn't be willing to kill children to try and change that.

Yeah... one that effectively neutralizes threats, not civilians.

I'd high-tail it outta there. My presence there would obviously not be wanted for one reason or another, and I wouldn't be willing to kill children to try and change that.

Yeah... one that effectively neutralizes threats, not civilians.
sometimes you cant do one without the other
and since Hamas doesnt really give a rats ass about the civilians, why should the israelis?

so, what you boil it down to is Israel cant do anything because to do anything would mean civilians would die
thus Hamas wins by putting civilians at risk

you really need to read the geneva conventions

so, what you boil it down to is Israel cant do anything because to do anything would mean civilians would die

That's not it at all. Israel is perfectly capable of targetting Hamas' government and military installations and conducting planned, controlled airstrikes against those targets. I wouldn't have necessarily opposed that, as civilian casualties would have been minimal if there were any. Instead, Israel used cluster munitions and white phosphorous haphazardly in densely populated civilian areas. What did they accomplish in doing so? They sure as hell didn't make Gaza any better. They didn't make themselves any safer. They effectively destroyed any chance of peace and normalized relations with the Arab world in the foreseeable future. The campaign in Gaza was disastrous diplomatically as well as in terms of lives lost... Israel really fucked up badly on that one. What they need to do now is work towards diplomatic peace with Hamas. This time, though, the cease-fire needs to be formal and written, and Israel needs to actually abide by its terms if Hamas does so as well.

Israel and its worshipers are the ones who need to familiarize themselves with the Geneva Conventions.

That's not it at all. Israel is perfectly capable of targetting Hamas' government and military installations and conducting planned, controlled airstrikes against those targets. I wouldn't have necessarily opposed that, as civilian casualties would have been minimal if there were any. Instead, Israel used cluster munitions and white phosphorous haphazardly in densely populated civilian areas. What did they accomplish in doing so? They sure as hell didn't make Gaza any better. They didn't make themselves any safer. They effectively destroyed any chance of peace and normalized relations with the Arab world in the foreseeable future. The campaign in Gaza was disastrous diplomatically as well as in terms of lives lost... Israel really fucked up badly on that one. What they need to do now is work towards diplomatic peace with Hamas. This time, though, the cease-fire needs to be formal and written, and Israel needs to actually abide by its terms if Hamas does so as well.

Israel and its worshipers are the ones who need to familiarize themselves with the Geneva Conventions.
yet no one has shown they used any of them
that is nothing but a claim that has been unsubstanciated
the WP that was used was used for illumination and that was a LEGAL use of it

no, you clearly dont know th GC cause if you use civilian sites for attacks, they lose their protections
thus hamas used schools to launch attcks, the schools are now legit targets

THAT is IN the GC

Forum List

Back