More Islamaphobia

Why do you ask stupid questions. Where did I say I was afraid of it?

Do you deny that in the past, the simple act of printing A Cartoon has led to calls for violence by radicals within Islam? I simply stated that is is not Islamaphobic for them to not print these cartoons, They do indeed have reason to fear a backlash if they do. We have evidence of such Backlashes in the past do we not?

Why deny the truth?

Do you deny that the more often that people back down because a bunch of idiots make threats, the more power they will have to control the debate? The point is not that these people are weird, but that they are taking away our rights if we give in to fear.

What is it with you guys who have to try and twist everyone's words? I have never said anything even remotely close to something that would lead people to think I am afraid of Islam as a whole. Yet you have to ask silly questions. Grow up dude.

How is asking a question putting words in your, or anyone's, mouth?

If you think they are justified in being afraid, would you be willing to do it yourself in order to take the heat off of them? If not, is it because you are afraid, or just worried? What, exactly, is the difference?

Because the question was "why are you afraid of Islam" which implied I said I was afraid of Islam.

As to your first question, No I do not think they should have backed down. I simply stated I see why they did. After all in the past printing cartoons has caused a pretty big Backlash.

What about the rest of my questions? Are you afraid, or are you willing to stand up to them?

Why deny the truth?

Do you deny that the more often that people back down because a bunch of idiots make threats, the more power they will have to control the debate? The point is not that these people are weird, but that they are taking away our rights if we give in to fear.

How is asking a question putting words in your, or anyone's, mouth?

If you think they are justified in being afraid, would you be willing to do it yourself in order to take the heat off of them? If not, is it because you are afraid, or just worried? What, exactly, is the difference?

Because the question was "why are you afraid of Islam" which implied I said I was afraid of Islam.

As to your first question, No I do not think they should have backed down. I simply stated I see why they did. After all in the past printing cartoons has caused a pretty big Backlash.

What about the rest of my questions? Are you afraid, or are you willing to stand up to them?

Afraid of what? Islam as a whole no, the Radicals among them? Not really, but if I was printing a cartoon that pissed them off, I might be. Just a little at least :)

Living in reality can be tough work. Seeing things for what they are when they are unpleasant can be a tough task for many. Islam is a threat to freedom only if you back down from it and refuse to acknowledge its true form which is hatred and political takeover. If tomorrow it was announced that we were to send all muslims out of the country I would consider it a sad day only because we finally found a group of people that actually could not blend into our society and live peacefully.

Living in reality can be tough work. Seeing things for what they are when they are unpleasant can be a tough task for many. Islam is a threat to freedom only if you back down from it and refuse to acknowledge its true form which is hatred and political takeover. If tomorrow it was announced that we were to send all muslims out of the country I would consider it a sad day only because we finally found a group of people that actually could not blend into our society and live peacefully.

But the Vast majority of them can and do blend into our society. It is just a small minority of Radicals who are so uptight that printing a cartoon causes them to call for heads to roll, that is the real problem.

Afraid of what? Islam as a whole no, the Radicals among them? Not really, but if I was printing a cartoon that pissed them off, I might be. Just a little at least :)

What radicals?

But the Vast majority of them can and do blend into our society. It is just a small minority of Radicals who are so uptight that printing a cartoon causes them to call for heads to roll, that is the real problem.

That has yet to be proven. The so called majority allows the so called minority to speak for them.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
It seems the Washington Post was one of a few major papers that pulled a Sunday comic because they were afraid of the backlash from Islam.

"Non Sequitur" is a popular comic that runs daily in about 800 newspapers, including this one. But the "Non Sequitur" cartoon that appeared in last Sunday's Post was not the one creator Wiley Miller drew for that day.

Editors at The Post and many other papers pulled the cartoon and replaced it with one that had appeared previously. They were concerned it might offend and provoke some Post readers, especially MuslimsMiller is fuming. The award-winning cartoonist, who lives in Maine, told me the cartoon was meant to satirize "the insanity of an entire group of people rioting and putting out a hit list over cartoons," as well as "media cowering in fear of printing any cartoon that contains the word 'Muhammad.' " ...

"The wonderful irony [is that] great newspapers like The Washington Post, that took on Nixon . . . run in fear of this very tame cartoon, thus validating the accuracy of the satire," he said by e-mail.

washingtonpost.com

What cartoon had the WaPo editors hiding in fear of Islam?

Arts & Living: Comics (washingtonpost.com)

These are the same people who call me afraid because I am say the GZM is insensitive.

Just something to think about.

Exactly how is this Islamaphobia?

A phobia is usually being afraid of something for no reason.

We have plenty of evidence that it can indeed be dangerous to print Cartoons about Islam.

Indeed a religion of peace.

What radicals?

Stop it lol.

The Radical Muslims who will be out in the streets calling for the head of the Editor and artists responsible for any Cartoon they do not like.

Are you just asking silly questions to be silly?

And the vast majority of Muslims are scared shitless of those few radicals that they are coerced into passively supporting those radicals out of fear for their lives. I wouldn't say all Muslims are radicals, but all Muslims have links to radicals in one way shape or form. Six degrees of separation.

That has yet to be proven. The so called majority allows the so called minority to speak for them.

Sorry I can not agree with Blaming 1 Billion Plus Muslims for the words and actions of a Minority.

Sorry I can not agree with Blaming 1 Billion Plus Muslims for the words and actions of a Minority.

The majority is controlled by the minority with power. If the minority can coerce and intimidate the majority, they control them. That's what terrorism is about.

It is really nice to blame a small group of people, and ignore the fact that the majority of Muslims think that anyone who insults Muhammad deserves whatever happens to them. The only way to combat that is to stand up to Islam and those who refuse to condemn those radicals you think are the problem. Even Alan Ginsburg understood that, why is it so hard for some people to understand?

The Poet Versus the Prophet - Reason Magazine

What radicals?

Stop it lol.

The Radical Muslims who will be out in the streets calling for the head of the Editor and artists responsible for any Cartoon they do not like.

Are you just asking silly questions to be silly?

You mean the vast crowds that hit the streets in many Islamic countries. I thought the radicals were a small, mostly insignificant, minority.

I makes no difference. I the majority is not willing to stop its minority they are just as guilty. They condone what is being done and that is enough.

If the minority is able to get the WP to not print a cartoon because of what MIGHT happen...that should tell you something.

Most Muslims may be moderate, but they certainly don't flinch at the idea of radicals killing in the name of the prophet.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

I makes no difference. I the majority is not willing to stop its minority they are just as guilty. They condone what is being done and that is enough.

If the minority is able to get the WP to not print a cartoon because of what MIGHT happen...that should tell you something.

I am bumfuddled that a major US newspaper would pull a cartoon like this. I dun even see how any Muslim could find it offensive.

This is bullshit. When did our press become such pussies?

Forum List

Back