More Islamaphobia

Ssssh. I think the whole point is he's invisible. But we could be stirring up a whole lotta trouble because some people would like to ban invisible pictures as well. True story. See OP.

Excellent question I believe it may be one of the most popular names in Europe. And prison.

Perhaps the ice cream vendor's name is "Muhammed Good Humor" (oops unintended oxymoron)

I've seen newspapers not run other cartoons that might offend their readers...not limited to comics about Islam. Doonsebury and Boondocks comes to mind.

I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen newspapers not run other cartoons that might offend their readers...not limited to comics about Islam.

True. However, this situation distinguishes itself with the death threats from those offended.

Muslims - the perpetually offended.

I've seen newspapers not run other cartoons that might offend their readers...not limited to comics about Islam.

True. However, this situation distinguishes itself with the death threats from those offended.

:lol: If that is what you want to believe. I suppose I can feel the same about white people and Bush supporters...two reasons comics have been pulled in the past.

:lol: If that is what you want to believe. I suppose I can feel the same about white people and Bush supporters...two reasons comics have been pulled in the past.
Did they receive death threats?

No idea. Is it your contention that all Muslims react to negative comics with death threats?

Has WAPO stated that they pulled the cartoons because they were afraid of death threats?

No idea. Is it your contention that all Muslims react to negative comics with death threats?
How one would interpret it that way is fascinating.

.... Has WAPO stated that they pulled the cartoons because they were afraid of death threats?
Why anyone would ask about getting a death threat from Muslims for something offensive to Muslims that wasn't done, is beyond me.

I do know that death threats from Muslims for the publication of material offensive to them by those practicing their freedom of speech is common.

Common? It happens, yes.

I looked around to see what other religious based comics were pulled and found that a BC comic was pulled because it was offensive to Jews. I think that is a good policy. Ditto pulling cartoons that are offensive to Christians...though I have a feeling they are never penned. So pulling one that is or could be deemed offensive to Muslims is also okay with me.

But then I tend to think making fun of anyone's religion in the newspaper is low class.

:thup:

Common? It happens, yes.

I looked around to see what other religious based comics were pulled and found that a BC comic was pulled because it was offensive to Jews. I think that is a good policy. Ditto pulling cartoons that are offensive to Christians...though I have a feeling they are never penned. So pulling one that is or could be deemed offensive to Muslims is also okay with me.

But then I tend to think making fun of anyone's religion in the newspaper is low class.

And, the only ones making death threats for publication of material they deem offensive to their religion are Muslims. That's a distinction the Muslims earned.

Another distinction Muslims earned is actually killing for it.

theo-van-gogh.jpg

Muslim justice: Offended by a cartoon = death

Last edited:
Uh-oh... now yur gonna have one a dem dare fancy ass FATWAH'S on yur ass Mr. Fitnah... :eek:

Brings to mind one of my fav's from Coulter:

"Recently, the Religion of Peace suffered a PR setback when Muslims in Nigeria welcomed the Miss World beauty pageant by slaughtering Christians in the street and burning churches to the ground…(Overheard at Miss World contest: ‘Does this make me look fatwa?’)

Muslims are the only group who kill because they’re angry people have called them violent."

Common? It happens, yes.

And, the only ones making death threats for publication of material they deem offensive to their religion are Muslims. That's a distinction the Muslims earned.

Another distinction Muslims earned is actually killing for it.

theo-van-gogh.jpg

Muslim justice: Offended by a cartoon = death
Stupidity aside, there is no benefit for a company offending a portion of their customers.

Uh-oh... now yur gonna have one a dem dare fancy ass FATWAH'S on yur ass Mr. Fitnah... :eek:

Brings to mind one of my fav's from Coulter:

"Recently, the Religion of Peace suffered a PR setback when Muslims in Nigeria welcomed the Miss World beauty pageant by slaughtering Christians in the street and burning churches to the ground…(Overheard at Miss World contest: ‘Does this make me look fatwa?’)

Muslims are the only group who kill because they’re angry people have called them violent."
I heard Coulter is facing her third charge of illegal voting. :lol:

But the Vast majority of them can and do blend into our society. It is just a small minority of Radicals who are so uptight that printing a cartoon causes them to call for heads to roll, that is the real problem.

That has yet to be proven. The so called majority allows the so called minority to speak for them.

Sorry I can not agree with Blaming 1 Billion Plus Muslims for the words and actions of a Minority.

I totally understand. I just walk a different path

The radicals can take over any group and ruin it for a long time.

The south still suffers the stigma of the KKK
Germany is haunted by the NAZI
MSNBC has the progressives
Pro-life has had people murder doctors, (3 I think)
Pro-abortion has people demanding partial birth abortions on demand.
Islam has the terrorist.

What happens when you don't get the radicals hammered down before you lose control?

The KKK murdered around 1000 or more.
World War 2 ring a bell?
On and on.

My point is, is that the radicals in islam have taken over. When a cartoonist is marked for death for drawing moh, and the moderates say nothing, there's something not right with the whole group.

But it cracks me up. The people that defend them the most are the people that will suffer greatly under their VERY conservative rules.

It seems the Washington Post was one of a few major papers that pulled a Sunday comic because they were afraid of the backlash from Islam.

"Non Sequitur" is a popular comic that runs daily in about 800 newspapers, including this one. But the "Non Sequitur" cartoon that appeared in last Sunday's Post was not the one creator Wiley Miller drew for that day.

Editors at The Post and many other papers pulled the cartoon and replaced it with one that had appeared previously. They were concerned it might offend and provoke some Post readers, especially MuslimsMiller is fuming. The award-winning cartoonist, who lives in Maine, told me the cartoon was meant to satirize "the insanity of an entire group of people rioting and putting out a hit list over cartoons," as well as "media cowering in fear of printing any cartoon that contains the word 'Muhammad.' " ...

"The wonderful irony [is that] great newspapers like The Washington Post, that took on Nixon . . . run in fear of this very tame cartoon, thus validating the accuracy of the satire," he said by e-mail.

washingtonpost.com

What cartoon had the WaPo editors hiding in fear of Islam?

Arts & Living: Comics (washingtonpost.com)

These are the same people who call me afraid because I am say the GZM is insensitive.

Just something to think about.

Given Islam's actions in the past, I would call it prudent, not phobia. They went stark raving mad in Spain, and then there's that bounty on Salman Rushdie ....

Get some reality into your brain.:cuckoo:

The radicals can take over any group and ruin it for a long time.

The south still suffers the stigma of the KKK
Germany is haunted by the NAZI
MSNBC has the progressives
Pro-life has had people murder doctors, (3 I think)
Pro-abortion has people demanding partial birth abortions on demand.
Islam has the terrorist.

What happens when you don't get the radicals hammered down before you lose control?

The KKK murdered around 1000 or more.
World War 2 ring a bell?
On and on.

My point is, is that the radicals in islam have taken over. When a cartoonist is marked for death for drawing moh, and the moderates say nothing, there's something not right with the whole group.

But it cracks me up. The people that defend them the most are the people that will suffer greatly under their VERY conservative rules.

It cracks me up as well. The people that spread the most fear about "creeping sharia" and Islam's inevitable "takeover" are the people who are most ideologically similar to them.

Forum List

Back