More Economic GOOD NEWS: Jobless rates lowest since 2008

Of course you do, you statist booby.

If oligarchs are bad, what is unfettered Big Government?

Why do you hate the government our founders left us?

Why do you hate the will of the people?

Do you ever read the articles to which you link?

Spending growth in February matched economists' expectations. The reading on income was a bit
Advertisement
weaker than forecast.

Both the spending and income figures in Monday's report point to a modest economic recovery.

Many analysts predict the economy slowed in the first three months of this year after logging a big growth spurt at the end of 2009.

The economy will expand at a 2.5 percent to 3 percent pace in the January-to-March quarter, analysts predict. That's roughly half the 5.6 percent pace seen in the final quarter of last year.

In normal times, growth in the 3 percent range would be considered respectable. But the nation is emerging from the worst recession since the 1930s. Sizzling growth in the 5 percent range would be needed for an entire year to drive down the unemployment rate, now 9.7 percent, by just 1 percentage point.

High unemployment, sluggish wage gains, hard-to-get credit and record-high home foreclosures are all expected to deter consumers from going on a spending spree — one of the main reasons why the pace of the recovery will be more subdued than in the past.

A RECOVERING ECONOMY?

RESILIENT CONSUMERS: Consumers boosted their spending by a modest 0.3 percent in February even as their incomes stagnated. It marked the fifth month in a row that spending increased.

MORE CONFIDENCE: Consumer spending for the first quarter should clock in at a 3 percent pace, consistent with a modest "” not spectacular "” economic recovery, analysts predict.

HEADWINDS STILL IN THE PICTURE: High unemployment, sluggish wage gains, hard to get credit and rising home foreclosures are forces that will keep consumers from going on a spending spree anytime soon.

This recovery is weak - and occurring in a climate of the government prolonging the recession. We should be seeing higher growth and job creation - but the Big Government policies are retarding both.

Please post the link for where you got this.

Spending growth in February matched economists' expectations. The reading on income was a bit
Advertisement
weaker than forecast.

Both the spending and income figures in Monday's report point to a modest economic recovery.

Many analysts predict the economy slowed in the first three months of this year after logging a big growth spurt at the end of 2009.

The economy will expand at a 2.5 percent to 3 percent pace in the January-to-March quarter, analysts predict. That's roughly half the 5.6 percent pace seen in the final quarter of last year.

In normal times, growth in the 3 percent range would be considered respectable. But the nation is emerging from the worst recession since the 1930s. Sizzling growth in the 5 percent range would be needed for an entire year to drive down the unemployment rate, now 9.7 percent, by just 1 percentage point.

High unemployment, sluggish wage gains, hard-to-get credit and record-high home foreclosures are all expected to deter consumers from going on a spending spree — one of the main reasons why the pace of the recovery will be more subdued than in the past.

A RECOVERING ECONOMY?

RESILIENT CONSUMERS: Consumers boosted their spending by a modest 0.3 percent in February even as their incomes stagnated. It marked the fifth month in a row that spending increased.

MORE CONFIDENCE: Consumer spending for the first quarter should clock in at a 3 percent pace, consistent with a modest "” not spectacular "” economic recovery, analysts predict.

HEADWINDS STILL IN THE PICTURE: High unemployment, sluggish wage gains, hard to get credit and rising home foreclosures are forces that will keep consumers from going on a spending spree anytime soon.

This recovery is weak - and occurring in a climate of the government prolonging the recession. We should be seeing higher growth and job creation - but the Big Government policies are retarding both.

Please help me boody ,I can not find this in any of the links I provided like you claimed.

I would really like to see which link of mine this came from.

Can you PLEASE link me to it or at least put up a link from where you got it.

You do realise it may be a violation of the rules hear right?

Advertisement
weaker than forecast.

A RECOVERING ECONOMY?

Please post the link for where you got this.

I quoted it from the link in your post, you dim bulb:

You really are a bot, aren't you?

Why do you ignore that I already found it?

Why do you ignore that it is recovery even if its not as robust as we all want?

ITS RECOVERY isnt it.

Now what about all the other links I provided?

They dont count as recovery signs because??????????????

Last edited:
It's a Mediocre recovery that is far less robust than it should be due to the government.

Demand for temps called sign of economic recovery
The rising demand for temporary jobs signals better days ahead in the job market, according to the head of a large staffing and recruiting firm in Fort Lauderdale.
Related Content
BY MARTHA BRANNIGAN
[email protected]
The Great Recession has proven deeper and bleaker than Roy G. Krause ever imagined when he saw the employment scene start to sputter in 2007.

But now the president and chief executive officer of SFN Group -- formerly Spherion Corp., one of the nation's largest recruiting and staffing firms -- is seeing early signs of hope in the U.S. job market.

Demand for temporary workers is starting to pick up, he said, and that is typically the first step toward a rebound in permanent jobs.

On Feb. 3, the company, whose shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange, reported it narrowed its net loss to $6.3 million in 2009 from $118.5 million in 2008. Revenue plunged 22 percent in 2009 to $1.71 billion from $2.19 billion a year earlier.

``Demand is certainly better than 90 or 120 days ago,'' Krause said in an interview in his Fort Lauderdale office this week as the company unveiled its new name. ``The trends in January were very encouraging relative to the fourth quarter.''

Read more: Demand for temps called sign of economic recovery - Business - MiamiHerald.com

Survey: Growth Ahead For Midwest Economy
POSTED: 7:51 am CDT April 1, 2010
Email Print
Comments (undefined)OMAHA, Neb. -- A regional economic index has hit its highest level since May 2006.

According to a report released Thursday, the Business Conditions Index for the Mid-America region hit 64.3 in March, up from 61.0 in February.

It was the fourth increase in as many months for the survey of supply managers and business leaders in nine states: Arkansas, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma and South Dakota.

The index ranges from zero to 100. Organizers said any score above 50 suggests economic growth in the next three to six months.

Creighton University economist Ernie Goss said low interest rates, a stabilizing job market and declines in U.S. unemployment are behind economic optimism of supply managers in the Mid-America region

You wont come back to this thread anymore huh?

Last edited:
The people who deny it is starting to recover dont seem to want the recovery.

eh...no. The people that deny that the economy is starting to recover are simply seeing it get worse all around them on a progressive and daily basis. It's kind of tough to buy into the blue skies and sunshine when the immediate forecast indicates severe weather ahead.

Personally, I'm not into weather reports. I'm into "being there" and experiencing the weather as it IS and it SUCKS.

It's a Mediocre recovery that is far less robust than it should be due to the government.

ding ,ding ding !

Its a We are recovering now arent we.

Yes, you booby. Economies go through cycles - there are more forces at work than just the government. The fact that businesses and individuals are struggling in the face of our government's horrible policies doesn't validate those policies.

The recovery is incredibly anemic - and would be more robust without the current government weighing it down.

Yes, you booby. Economies go through cycles - there are more forces at work than just the government. The fact that businesses and individuals are struggling in the face of our government's horrible policies doesn't validate those policies.

The recovery is incredibly anemic - and would be more robust without the current government weighing it down.

Where did I say economies dont go through cycles?

Where did I say that tehy only force that effcts them are govs?

Proove that things would have been better without the stim pack?

The recovery is building and what will you say about it when it is in full swing?

The people who deny it is starting to recover dont seem to want the recovery.

eh...no. The people that deny that the economy is starting to recover are simply seeing it get worse all around them on a progressive and daily basis. It's kind of tough to buy into the blue skies and sunshine when the immediate forecast indicates severe weather ahead.

Personally, I'm not into weather reports. I'm into "being there" and experiencing the weather as it IS and it SUCKS.

Read the indicators I gave in this thread and quit hoping for the Failure of the country when the signs are getting good.

ECONOMIC GOOD NEWS is propaganda to those praying for the economy to FAIL :eusa_pray:

When was the last time the Federal books were in the green Jackass?

When Clinton was President.

ROFLMNAO... Not hardly... In truth it would be back before Wilson...

But in fairness, the Conservative 94 Mid-term Congress, DID drag William the Bubba, kicking and screaming to the closest thing to a balanced Budget in at least a century. And they did it by cutting what?

SOCIAL SPENDING...

Which is the only way the Budget can be balanced, as that is the only thing which challenges a balanced budget: PERIOD!

Forum List

Back