More Computer Hard Drive Crashes

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
The leading cause of hard drive crashes seems to be subpoenas and Congressional inquiries.
Would You Believe, Another Crashed Hard Drive? | TheBlaze.com

House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) on Monday made yet another request to the federal government for details about a crashed hard drive that may have contained information allowing criminal charges to be brought against a federal official.

Issa’s newest letter concerns the hard drive of April Sands, a former employee at the Federal Election Commission who resigned in the spring after admitting to violations of the Hatch Act. That law puts restrictions on the ability of government officials to conduct political activities while on the job, or from government offices.

ssa noted that while Sands admitted to violating the law, the FEC just recently told Congress that it could not recover her hard drive, which made it impossible to seek criminal charges against her.

“Recent information obtained by the committee suggests that the FEC OIG could not pursue criminal prosecution for the misconduct because the attorney’s hard drive had been recycled by the FEC,” Issa’s letter said.

As a result, Issa asked the FEC to provide information to his committee by July 28. That includes all documents related to the hard drive loss, and documents detailing the FEC’s practices for retaining information on computers.

The FEC is an independent agency, but Sands’ emails clearly indicated she favored Obama’s re-election in 2012. Before the election, she tweeted things like:

“Our #POTUS’s birthday is August 4. He’ll be 51. I’m donating at least $51 to give him the best birthday present ever: a second term.” In another tweet, she said anyone supporting Republicans is her “enemy.”

“The bias exhibited in these messages is striking, especially for an attorney charged with the responsibility to enforce federal election laws fairly and dispassionately,” Issa wrote.

And more IRS wrongdoing. Here they are giving confidential tax information on one non profit to that non profit's chief rival. Anyone who thinks the IRS has not been thoroughly politicized is simply deluding themselves.
IRS to Pay $50,000 in Leaking of Marriage Group?s Tax Return, Donors
wo years after activists for same-sex marriage obtained the confidential tax return and donor list of a national group opposed to redefining marriage, the Internal Revenue Service has admitted wrongdoing and agreed to settle the resulting lawsuit.

The Daily Signal has learned that, under a consent judgment today, the IRS agreed to pay $50,000 in damages to the National Organization for Marriage as a result of the unlawful release of the confidential information to a gay rights group, the Human Rights Campaign, that is NOM’s chief political rival.

“Congress made the disclosure of confidential tax return information a serious matter for a reason,” NOM Chairman John D. Eastman told The Daily Signal. “We’re delighted that the IRS has now been held accountable for the illegal disclosure of our list of major donors from our tax return.”

The Daily Signal is seeking comment on the settlement from the IRS and Justice Department.
And of course the IRS guy at the center of this took the Fifth Amendment so could not be criminally prosecuted.

You beat me to it! What I find interesting is both the Irs and the Fec have had employees charged with electioneering. If these 2 were found out, how many more weren't?

Also, Sands was a colleague of Lerner's when she was at the fec.

Last edited:
The absolute lawless abuse by this Administration is staggering. Had this been a Republican, he would have long been impeached and we all know it.

So I guess the fec mail server was overwritten rather than archived as well?

We have a criminal gang currently running our Country. Make no mistake about that. The IRS and FEC should be abolished. They're too broken to fix at this point. Time for a new Tax structure. Time for both of these corrupt useless bureaucracies to go.

We have a criminal gang currently running our Country. Make no mistake about that. The IRS and FEC should be abolished. They're too broken to fix at this point. Time for a new Tax structure. Time for both of these corrupt useless bureaucracies to go.

Don't forget the EPA.

Obama is looking more and more like an African dictator or SOuth American. Take over centers of power, give favors to cronies, use the state against political enemies. How long until we discover people taking graft and kickbacks.
And yes, if this is what we know about, how much more do we not know about.

And the scandals just keep piling up.
I think they leak their own scandals to distract from other abuses of power. Then they play the victim and accuse the Republicans of creating "phony scandals", making THAT the issue instead of the abuses. And of course, their communist friends in the media are only too happy to help out.

I just got a new computer last week it was about ten years old had windows xp it never crashed and I never lost any e-mails or any other information maybe I should send it to the I.R.S.

Forum List

Back