More benefits being taking away from the military .. Closing commisaries

DoD Requests Plan to Close Stateside Commissaries | Military.com

WTF this is one perk that really help families who are lower ranks .. I am so ticked because this is where I do my grocery shopping.. I guess Obama will just give more food stamps to the lower ranks since he LOVES food stamps

Yeah? Don't bet the rent on it. Obama doesn't love America and he doesn't love our fighting men~! Are any of the veterans' groups going to fight this? I would hope so. Also, a lot of our veterans shop on the bases near them at the PX and the commissary. So this will affect elderly and retired military people as well.

This isn't Obama's doing, it's Chuck Hagal's. Instead of cutting waste and unessecary programs he would rather scare people into not cutting anything. It's a very common tactic.

Gee...are we starting to understand what the point of the fucking sequester is now?

The point of the sequester was to try and force congress to make difficult cuts. It failed, and now cuts that nobody wanted are being enacted.

However, defense spending cuts should not be taken out on the commissaries. There is no justifying it. Why not close foreign bases first? Why not pull out of Afganistan first? Why not try to cut any number of wasteful programs first?

Chuck Hagal is playing games and fucking around with our soldiers. He should be fucking ashamed of himself.

WTF this is one perk that really help families who are lower ranks .. I am so ticked because this is where I do my grocery shopping.. I guess Obama will just give more food stamps to the lower ranks since he LOVES food stamps

Yeah? Don't bet the rent on it. Obama doesn't love America and he doesn't love our fighting men~! Are any of the veterans' groups going to fight this? I would hope so. Also, a lot of our veterans shop on the bases near them at the PX and the commissary. So this will affect elderly and retired military people as well.

This isn't Obama's doing, it's Chuck Hagal's. Instead of cutting waste and unessecary programs he would rather scare people into not cutting anything. It's a very common tactic.
And who appointed CHUCK HAGEL ..

Gee...are we starting to understand what the point of the fucking sequester is now?

The point of the sequester was to try and force congress to make difficult cuts. It failed, and now cuts that nobody wanted are being enacted.

However, defense spending cuts should not be taken out on the commissaries. There is no justifying it. Why not close foreign bases first? Why not pull out of Afganistan first? Why not try to cut any number of wasteful programs first?

Chuck Hagal is playing games and fucking around with our soldiers. He should be fucking ashamed of himself.

Cutting back on CONUS commisaries does not impact our defense readiness

Cuts have to come from somewhere

From the linked article:

Under Secretary of Defense Robert Hale, the department's top financial adviser, and Air Force Lt. Gen. Mark F. Ramsay, director of force structure, resources and assessment for the Joint Staff, reportedly requested the plan in a meeting with military personnel policy and commissary officials.[...]

Commissaries rely on taxpayer subsidies of $1.4 billion a year to operate 247 stores worldwide. [...]

Military leaders have testified often this year that they can't roll back weapon programs or shrink the force fast enough to absorb in balanced way $50 billion a year in cuts demanded from sequestration. So operations, maintenance and modernization dollars are decimated to achieve near-term savings. Training and readiness are plummeting, say the service chiefs.

In that environment, commissaries have become "ground zero" for deeper cuts, said an industry official. Those dollars are coveted to support other needs such as flying hours, ship streaming days and troop unit rotations to combat training centers. Closing almost 180 stateside stores could free up $800 million to $900 million annually, by some estimates.

I know...how about we end sequestration? Oh we can't...the GOP has decided to own it and like it all of a sudden.

Close the Commissaries in metro areas...give military special discount cards for 30% off at all civilian stores...stores then get reimbursement by Obabble...

Behind closed doors, you know Republicans are thrilled. It would be unpopular to say their true beliefs out loud in public.

I'm not sure what the complaint is here.

You guys insisted that we need to cut government spending.

This is cutting government spending. Subsidized shopping malls are government spending.

Unless you want to do the rational thing and actually tax the 1% at a fair rate, that is.

Behind closed doors, you know Republicans are thrilled. It would be unpopular to say their true beliefs out loud in public.
You are a buffoon rdean.

I am a Republican and will publicly state that I am extremely upset about the pending closure of military commissaries. ... :doubt:

Do you support the sequester?

You are a buffoon rdean.

I am a Republican and will publicly state that I am extremely upset about the pending closure of military commissaries. ... :doubt:

Give him a minute. He has to find out if the GOP is supporting or hating the sequester this week.

Give him a minute. He has to find out if the GOP is supporting or hating the sequester this week.
Shut your pie hole you freakin nitwit.

I support the troops and their families. Period. ... :cool:

That didn't answer the question. This is being brought about by the Sequester that was, at first, 98% of what the GOP wanted...then it became the thing they hated as they tried to pin it on the President with #Obamaquester (epic fail) and then after the shutdown they orchestrated, they loved it and wanted it kept in place. So, which is it...do you (or the GOP) support or hate the sequester this week?

Shut your pie hole you freakin nitwit.

I support the troops and their families. Period. ... :cool:

That didn't answer the question. This is being brought about by the Sequester that was, at first, 98% of what the GOP wanted...then it became the thing they hated as they tried to pin it on the President with #Obamaquester (epic fail) and then after the shutdown they orchestrated, they loved it and wanted it kept in place. So, which is it...do you (or the GOP) support or hate the sequester this week?

Republicans love the sequester as long as it only impacts poor people

Forum List

Back