More Anti-gay Bigots in Rural Areas

poor, poor sky

Poor poor del. You want me to suffer so badly and you just hate it when I stand up for myself and don't. I felt scared the night of this incident, but many of my neighbors have been supportive.

Poor, poor you del. Poor, bigoted you.

clearly you've mistaken me for someone who cares.

poor, poor sky

Now why would anyone who knows you make that mistake?
:D

Poor poor del. You want me to suffer so badly and you just hate it when I stand up for myself and don't. I felt scared the night of this incident, but many of my neighbors have been supportive.

Poor, poor you del. Poor, bigoted you.

clearly you've mistaken me for someone who cares.

poor, poor sky

Now why would anyone who knows you make that mistake?
:D

LOL. Hmm. Could it be that he has to comment on my every post? That's how he shows me he doesn't care.:lol::lol::lol:

He really loves ya, he is just like the kid in school pulling your pigtails.
A little backwards in showing his affections.
I guess he is into his second childhood?

He really loves ya, he is just like the kid in school pulling your pigtails.
A little backwards in showing his affections.
I guess he is into his second childhood?

No, he really doesn't like me. I'm ok with that. He's amusing once and awhile.

or is it my imagination?

I can't believe people attack others on the basis of race, sex, ethnicity and sexual orientation. More incidents here than when I lived in Eugene and Portland Oregon.
People are just more honest is rural areas

You mean they give themselves license to be hateful?

No they just tell it like it is, in stead of faking tolerance to appear politically correct.

You mean they give themselves license to be hateful?
People are not "hateful" just because they don't think you're homosexuality is awesome.

Getting gay slurs screamed in your face while someone slaps you isn't a person just having the opinion that "homosexuality isn't awesome."

Hate is hate. It's accompanied by words and deeds.

So you flaunted your sexuality in public and got a reaction. How strange! How about you limit your display of intimacy to private places?

People are not "hateful" just because they don't think you're homosexuality is awesome.

Getting gay slurs screamed in your face while someone slaps you isn't a person just having the opinion that "homosexuality isn't awesome."

So you flaunted your sexuality in public and got a reaction. How strange! How about you limit your display of intimacy to private places?

How is holding hands flaunting sexuality? She could have been my sister?

Do straight people not hold hands? Are they flaunting their sexuality when they hold hands?

This was dusk. It was my own private road in a quiet rural neighborhood where each property is three to five acres from each other.

I'll tell you what blows my mind. My wife went down to the sheriff's office to pick up the police report only to find, there was no police report, nor was there even a record of me calling 9/11.

Go figure that one.

This county is corrupt. I'm going after this cop. I have an independent record of this officer being at my house. I had called the crisis line that I work for and talked to my supervisor and she talked to the officer when he was in my house! They filed the incident as a hate crime.

Last edited:

For the most part i agree with you....I don't want to see anyone flaunting a sexual display in public.* Its not like she was standing there making out with someone sucking on their tongue and feeling them up.

I don't think holding hands is display. Girls like holding hands. Speaking from the herto end.... i know i do. So i don't think its that far out there to think a lesbian would like to too.

I can see screaming all you want, that is called freedom of speech. But no one has the right to touch you or lay hands on you in any fashion. That is called assault. End of story.

However..... I also see another angle here. I know as a property owner....it pisses me off to no end having a dog shit on or in front of my property.... and i DO yell at them for allowing it to happen. You want to take you dog out to shit... have it shit on your property...not mine... or in front of mine.

*Because i know sky will have a comment on this.... that is unless that public area you will be in you know in advance what you may or may not be seeing.

OK Sky, you're in a rural area where, according to you, there have been more instances of harassment of gays than in urban areas you have lived in. It might not make sense for 2 "targets" to walk the street, holding hands. Yes, I know. It's not fair. Life rarely is. If you want to be a victim, by all means, broadcast to the world that you are a lesbian. If you don't want wackos to harass you, don't flaunt your homosexuality. Save it for when you are in a safe place.

OK Sky, you're in a rural area where, according to you, there have been more instances of harassment of gays than in urban areas you have lived in. It might not make sense for 2 "targets" to walk the street, holding hands. Yes, I know. It's not fair. Life rarely is. If you want to be a victim, by all means, broadcast to the world that you are a lesbian. If you don't want wackos to harass you, don't flaunt your homosexuality. Save it for when you are in a safe place.

You have an ignorant view, Ernie. We are not targets or victims. There is absolutely nothing wrong with two women holding hands. We did not provoke this attack in any way.

I live openly as a lesbian to honor my father, who lived his life miserably, in the closet, until he committed suicide.

I'm sorry you don't understand how important it is for gay people to be visible. This is how we change attitudes.

We have had a TON of support from our neighbors who heard about what happened. They like us and want us to feel safe and to stay as their friends and neighbors.

Your attitude is out of date.

sky

For the most part i agree with you....I don't want to see anyone flaunting a sexual display in public.* Its not like she was standing there making out with someone sucking on their tongue and feeling them up.

I don't think holding hands is display. Girls like holding hands. Speaking from the herto end.... i know i do. So i don't think its that far out there to think a lesbian would like to too.

I can see screaming all you want, that is called freedom of speech. But no one has the right to touch you or lay hands on you in any fashion. That is called assault. End of story.

However..... I also see another angle here. I know as a property owner....it pisses me off to no end having a dog shit on or in front of my property.... and i DO yell at them for allowing it to happen. You want to take you dog out to shit... have it shit on your property...not mine... or in front of mine.

*Because i know sky will have a comment on this.... that is unless that public area you will be in you know in advance what you may or may not be seeing.
I'm not justifying the wacko's behavior, nor am I saying that 2 women holding hands is a particularly overt display. Sky says she has seen more instances of homophobia in her rural county than she previously did in an urban setting. This observation should cause her to limit her displays of affection to the privacy of her home or where she knows she is safe. Unless, of course, she wants to be a victim.

No comment.

You have an ignorant view, Ernie. We are not targets or victims. There is absolutely nothing wrong with two women holding hands. We did not provoke this attack in any way.

I live openly as a lesbian to honor my father, who lived his life miserably, in the closet, until he committed suicide.

I'm sorry you don't understand how important it is for gay people to be visible. This is how we change attitudes.

We have had a TON of support from our neighbors who heard about what happened. They like us and want us to feel safe and to stay as their friends and neighbors.

Your attitude is out of date.

sky

Noooooo sky My attitude is not out of date. The man who attacked you is the problem here. What I'm saying is that you never know when you will encounter him or people like him. Had you and your lady not been holding hands, he probably would have ignored you.
Fine! You want to be open about your sexuality. There's really nothing wrong with that. I for one would prefer this incident never repeats itself. I'm offering advise that might help to that end.

I'm not justifying the wacko's behavior, nor am I saying that 2 women holding hands is a particularly overt display. Sky says she has seen more instances of homophobia in her rural county than she previously did in an urban setting. This observation should cause her to limit her displays of affection to the privacy of her home or where she knows she is safe. Unless, of course, she wants to be a victim.

It's completely rude to talk about someone who is the room.

Once upon a time I was so paranoid, I was afraid to hug my wife in the living room of my own home because I feared getting shot.

I will not live in that kind of fear ever again.

Nobody wants to be the victim of a crime, and we did not provoke it.

No comment.

What the hell sky?

Next time i wont defend you.... how about that.

Forum List

Back