More Anti-gay Bigots in Rural Areas

OK Sky, you're in a rural area where, according to you, there have been more instances of harassment of gays than in urban areas you have lived in. It might not make sense for 2 "targets" to walk the street, holding hands. Yes, I know. It's not fair. Life rarely is. If you want to be a victim, by all means, broadcast to the world that you are a lesbian. If you don't want wackos to harass you, don't flaunt your homosexuality. Save it for when you are in a safe place.

You have an ignorant view, Ernie. We are not targets or victims. There is absolutely nothing wrong with two women holding hands. We did not provoke this attack in any way.

I live openly as a lesbian to honor my father, who lived his life miserably, in the closet, until he committed suicide.

I'm sorry you don't understand how important it is for gay people to be visible. This is how we change attitudes.

We have had a TON of support from our neighbors who heard about what happened. They like us and want us to feel safe and to stay as their friends and neighbors.

Your attitude is out of date.

sky

Noooooo sky My attitude is not out of date. The man who attacked you is the problem here. What I'm saying is that you never know when you will encounter him or people like him. Had you and your lady not been holding hands, he probably would have ignored you.
Fine! You want to be open about your sexuality. There's really nothing wrong with that. I for one would prefer this incident never repeats itself. I'm offering advise that might help to that end.

You are making it sound like we are responsible for his attack. We aren't. Holding hands has nothing to do with sexuality. We weren't making out or fucking.

I will not be unnaturally unaffectionate. I'm a huggy, kissy kind of gal. I hold hands with all my friends, male and female.

Last edited:

For the most part i agree with you....I don't want to see anyone flaunting a sexual display in public.* Its not like she was standing there making out with someone sucking on their tongue and feeling them up.

I don't think holding hands is display. Girls like holding hands. Speaking from the herto end.... i know i do. So i don't think its that far out there to think a lesbian would like to too.

I can see screaming all you want, that is called freedom of speech. But no one has the right to touch you or lay hands on you in any fashion. That is called assault. End of story.

However..... I also see another angle here. I know as a property owner....it pisses me off to no end having a dog shit on or in front of my property.... and i DO yell at them for allowing it to happen. You want to take you dog out to shit... have it shit on your property...not mine... or in front of mine.

*Because i know sky will have a comment on this.... that is unless that public area you will be in you know in advance what you may or may not be seeing.

No comment.

What the hell sky?

Next time i wont defend you.... how about that.

No comment. You want to retaliate because I didn't comment? Be my guest.

So you flaunted your sexuality in public and got a reaction. How strange! How about you limit your display of intimacy to private places?

For the most part i agree with you....I don't want to see anyone flaunting a sexual display in public.* Its not like she was standing there making out with someone sucking on their tongue and feeling them up.

I don't think holding hands is display. Girls like holding hands. Speaking from the herto end.... i know i do. So i don't think its that far out there to think a lesbian would like to too.

I can see screaming all you want, that is called freedom of speech. But no one has the right to touch you or lay hands on you in any fashion. That is called assault. End of story.

However..... I also see another angle here. I know as a property owner....it pisses me off to no end having a dog shit on or in front of my property.... and i DO yell at them for allowing it to happen. You want to take you dog out to shit... have it shit on your property...not mine... or in front of mine.

*Because i know sky will have a comment on this.... that is unless that public area you will be in you know in advance what you may or may not be seeing.
I'm not justifying the wacko's behavior, nor am I saying that 2 women holding hands is a particularly overt display. Sky says she has seen more instances of homophobia in her rural county than she previously did in an urban setting. This observation should cause her to limit her displays of affection to the privacy of her home or where she knows she is safe. Unless, of course, she wants to be a victim.

Problem being..... you don't blame the victim for the wackos actions.

The good news is decent people came out of the woodwork to offer us love and support. They all know we're gay and THEY don't care if we hold hands or walk our dog and cats at sunset. Decent people are everywhere. Nutjobs like this guy are a minority. I hope one doesn't kill me or my wife for being loving and decent married people.

The good news is decent people came out of the woodwork to offer us love and support. They all know we're gay and THEY don't care if we hold hands or walk our dog and cats at sunset. Decent people are everywhere. Nutjobs like this guy are a minority. I hope one doesn't kill me or my wife for being loving and decent married people.

You said he was an import, not someone who is usually there. Hopefully he goes back to whatever rock he crawled out from. Good to know the normal people are supporting you.

People are not "hateful" just because they don't think you're homosexuality is awesome.

Getting gay slurs screamed in your face while someone slaps you isn't a person just having the opinion that "homosexuality isn't awesome."

Hate is hate. It's accompanied by words and deeds.

So you flaunted your sexuality in public and got a reaction. How strange! How about you limit your display of intimacy to private places?

Same should apply to hetros as well.

No huggy/kissy, etc in public.

I'm not justifying the wacko's behavior, nor am I saying that 2 women holding hands is a particularly overt display. Sky says she has seen more instances of homophobia in her rural county than she previously did in an urban setting. This observation should cause her to limit her displays of affection to the privacy of her home or where she knows she is safe. Unless, of course, she wants to be a victim.

It's completely rude to talk about someone who is the room.

Once upon a time I was so paranoid, I was afraid to hug my wife in the living room of my own home because I feared getting shot.

I will not live in that kind of fear ever again.

Nobody wants to be the victim of a crime, and we did not provoke it.

I remember my first Christmas with my future husband, we were all about hugging and holding hands. My sister got petulant, because she couldn't with her girlfriend. I told her that wasn't my problem, nor my fault. It was that she couldn't, it was that she wouldn't, and still - nothing to do with me and mine.

What the hell sky?

Next time i wont defend you.... how about that.

Shall i post your rep comment and explain?

I said no comment to your post. If you have some personal problem with my pos rep comment, then I would appreciate it if you resolved privately when you feel ready to do so. I should not have sent it.

You are caring for a sick family member. I'm sorry for that. Take care.

Last edited:
clearly you've mistaken me for someone who cares.

poor, poor sky

nothing says "i don't care" like going out of your way to purposely return to a thread repeatedly and continuing to post about how much you don't care. :lol:

I said no comment to your post. If you have some personal problem with my pos rep comment, then I would appreciate it if you resolved privately when you feel ready to do so. I should not have sent it.

Sky you reped a post... and made a comment. Yes, it is fair game to post a rep...pos or neg. Your comment is in direct relationship to MY post. And if you have not forgotten... you have turned off your PM's.

Thanks for the kind words.

Sky you reped a post... and made a comment. Yes, it is fair game to post a rep...pos or neg. Your comment is in direct relationship to MY post. And if you have not forgotten... you have turned off your PM's.

Thanks for the kind words.

My PM's are back on. I think we should skip it and not talk about the rep comment publically. I recommend you not talk to me at all until you feel ready. You've got a lot going on. Take care.

clearly you've mistaken me for someone who cares.

poor, poor sky

nothing says "i don't care" like going out of your way to purposely return to a thread repeatedly and continuing to post about how much you don't care. :lol:

poor, poor smarterthanhick

poor poor del, he says he doesn't care, yet he's compelled to post over and over again. What a hell realm for ya del.

poor, poor smarterthanhick

poor poor del, he says he doesn't care, yet he's compelled to post over and over again. What a hell realm for ya del.

:rofl:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d01NpclvlE]Patti LuPone - DON'T CRY FOR ME ARGENTINA - YouTube[/ame]

poor, poor sky

Getting gay slurs screamed in your face while someone slaps you isn't a person just having the opinion that "homosexuality isn't awesome."

Hate is hate. It's accompanied by words and deeds.

Why did you get up in their face?

What I have seen in rural areas is that most people are content to leave well enough alone. But, when someone starts making demands, insinuating themselves and wanting to force change where it doesn't belong and is unwanted (usually for the good only of the gay making the demands), rural people can get quite hostile.

Are you talking to me? I didn't get in anyone's face. A guy jumped out the bushes at me while I was walking my dog with my wife. I'd never seen him before in my life. I was walking on a private road owned by all of us property owners in the neighborhood. I've lived there four years without incident and enjoyed very good relations with all the neighbors.

Why is it possible for you to condemn Rural Areas because one idiot' actions, but I cannot condemn all Queers because they insist on disrupting traffic with their idiotic "Gay Pride" parades?

Forum List

Back