More Anti-gay Bigots in Rural Areas

Once my boyfriend and I were walking down a street in San Francisco, doing nothing in particular, just a couple of tourists when a group of gay guys started harassing us. I guess that makes all gays hateful bigots for calling him a breeder and me a bleeder.

Did I say all people are bigots? No. I said I have personally known of more anti-gay incidents in the county I live in than in my entire life.

I'm sorry you were harassed. It sounds made up. You're telling me that you are a het couple and a group of gay men starting harassing you?

Bogus sounding to me.

My boyfriend at the time, was a really cute guy. It started out as flirting. When the advances were rejected, it started getting serious. Of course, this is San Francisco where turning down a gay advance is almost a capital offense.

Once my boyfriend and I were walking down a street in San Francisco, doing nothing in particular, just a couple of tourists when a group of gay guys started harassing us. I guess that makes all gays hateful bigots for calling him a breeder and me a bleeder.

Did I say all people are bigots? No. I said I have personally known of more anti-gay incidents in the county I live in than in my entire life.

I'm sorry you were harassed. It sounds made up. You're telling me that you are a het couple and a group of gay men starting harassing you?

Bogus sounding to me.

My boyfriend at the time, was a really cute guy. It started out as flirting. When the advances were rejected, it started getting serious. Of course, this is San Francisco where turning down a gay advance is almost a capital offense.
Turning down a sexual advance is not a capital offense even in SF. You're exaggerating.

You're makiing it sound like gay men are predators. They aren't. They're just like straight men only instead hitting on women they hit on men.

How did the attacker know that you are a homosexual?

He turned out to be a relative of one of my neighbors. We are openly lesbian. We were holding hands.

I had never seen him before and he refused to identify himself.
What this person did to you was totally wrong, but one thing you should understand is how totally freaky it is to see same sex people being romantic with each other for the first time.

I remember being a teenager and seeing for the first time two guys making out on Santa Monica Blvd, Calif, I almost threw up.

It was dusk, and we were holding hands. We weren't making out. We are both over fifty years old. We were having a sweet, close moment walking the dog and having all four cats follow us on our private country road.

Bogus sounding to me.

Actually, as strange as it sounds, straight couples have complained about being harassed by gays in Provincetown for years.

I didn't know that. It could be a straight man considers a pass from a gay man, "harassment".

I'm guessing from the conversation that you're gay. I completely disagree with you that bigotry has gotten worse in this country. Granted, people still laugh and crack jokes behind your backs, but homosexuality is relatively accepted today and far more tolerated than it was 20 years ago. Back in the 1980s when rumors about Boy George and George Michael and others being gay swirled around those guys vehemently denied the rumors because they were afraid to come forward back then. Today, most famous people who are gay are pretty out and open about it. When I was in grad school a couple of years ago there were a few times I saw guys walking through campus holding hands and nobody really paid any attention to them and I'm smack in the middle of the Bible Belt. 20 years ago they likely would have gotten their asses kicked. I think maybe your opinion is biased for whatever reason.

My opinion is based on personal experience.

I know. That's my point.

I stand in the authority of my own experience, as a daughter of a gay man, and as a lesbian.

Walking through London, my late fiance and I were harassed... some assclowns were taunting us because he was mixed race. He was fine and dandy with the insults until they said something derogatory about me personally. The one he got hold of probably learned a valuable lesson. Do not piss off a Marine.

I guess this means that all black guys are assclowns - since the guys who harassed us were black.

Did I say ALL rural people are prejudiced? No. I said in my experience, I have seen and heard more incidents of bigotry in our county than I have in my entire life.

You don't seem to have the common decency to recognize hate behavior when it occurs.

Bogus sounding to me.

Actually, as strange as it sounds, straight couples have complained about being harassed by gays in Provincetown for years.

I didn't know that. It could be a straight man considers a pass from a gay man, "harassment".

Yea, that must be it. Straight people never get harassment, only poor gay people.

Yea, that must be it. Straight people never get harassment, only poor gay people.

That's not a true statement. It does speak to your discomfort with me talking about a real life incident that occurred in my county.

You have some problem with gay people? Or it me that you can't stand?

or is it my imagination?

I can't believe people attack others on the basis of race, sex, ethnicity and sexual orientation. More incidents here than when I lived in Eugene and Portland Oregon.

People are more ignorant and backwards in small areas, they still do segregated proms in small remote towns in Mississipi and Alabama. I am sorry to hear about this.

I am not interested in gay men. Gay men are not interested in straight men.
That seems to be the norm of both the gay and straight folk I know.

or is it my imagination?

I can't believe people attack others on the basis of race, sex, ethnicity and sexual orientation. More incidents here than when I lived in Eugene and Portland Oregon.
People are just more honest is rural areas

Dunno if "honest" is the word I would use. People who live in rural areas tend to be clannish and hang around their own type, and in the Pacific Northwest, that usually means whites and straights only.

Trust me...........I grew up in a place called Vaughn Mt. which was a very small town and I had to ride a bus 30 miles to go to high school (each way). Most people there tend to not notice anything going on outside of their own little world unless something shocks them into noticing the other person (like ethnicity), and because the person looks or acts different, the country people will usually react to them with distrust.

I also know this because living with my Grandparents, they were those "small town people" and they were also extremely biased against anyone who wasn't white and Protestant. One of the things they said to me as I left for bootcamp was "Rob, you're gonna meet a lot of different people in the Navy, and some are going to be friends of yours for life. Bring anyone you want home, just make sure they're white."

Nope, sorry...........most rural people are uninformed as to many other types of people and choose to stay that way.

Quoted for truth.

You're makiing it sound like gay men are predators. They aren't. They're just like straight men only instead hitting on women they hit on men.

Which is exactly why some sound like predators. Just like straight dudes who aggressively go after women. It's what makes the double standard so amusing. If a club hawk hits on a girl and makes her uncomfortable, that's ok. But if a gay dude does the exact same thing to him... they're a menace to society that want to institute bestiality and corrupt marriage.

:lol:

Which is exactly why some sound like predators. Just like straight dudes who aggressively go after women. It's what makes the double standard so amusing. If a club hawk hits on a girl and makes her uncomfortable, that's ok. But if a gay dude does the exact same thing to him... they're a menace to society that want to institute bestiality and corrupt marriage.

:lol:

The hair dresser interior design virus is spread by gay men.

or is it my imagination?

People are more ignorant and backwards in small areas, they still do segregated proms in small remote towns in Mississipi and Alabama. I am sorry to hear about this.

What is really fortunate is many of our neighbors are horrified by what happened and are telling us not to let this guy chase us from the neighborhood. Two have offered to walk with us while we walk our dog and to carry a camera. They are encouraging us to file a complaint against the sheriff's officer for not filing this as a hate crime.

While I've seen more incidents of this kind in our county, I've also seen decent people step forward and say no to having this in our community.

Last edited:
poor, poor sky

Poor poor del. You want me to suffer so badly and you just hate it when I stand up for myself and don't. I felt scared the night of this incident, but many of my neighbors have been supportive.

Poor, poor you del. Poor, bigoted you.

poor, poor sky

Poor poor del. You want me to suffer so badly and you just hate it when I stand up for myself and don't. I felt scared the night of this incident, but many of my neighbors have been supportive.

clearly you've mistaken me for someone who cares.

poor, poor sky

Poor, poor del. People who don't care, don't comment. You wanna show just how much you don't care? Stop responding to my posts.

Last edited:

clearly you've mistaken me for someone who cares.

poor, poor sky

Poor, poor del. People who don't care, don't comment.

according to whom, my dear victim?

Forum List

Back