Zone1 Morality is natural phenomenon.

I think you should tell me what you believe it's about.
The story is still held up by Christians to be a true story.

Is it true or is it baloney? Can you argue for the side that says it's true? This could be the topic for our debate!
And you'll have a majority of Christians on your side, so no need to limit participation.

Sorry but I can't accept the side that says it's true.

You can't argue your interpretation of scripture is my interpretation of scripture.
You mean the scripture that says it's perfectly fine to buy and sell people and own them as property to be handed down to your children?

It's YOUR interpretation that is incorrect not mine because you think that was voluntary.

A perfectly "good" "loving" god does not condone slavery. Your morals are just as reprehensible as the people in the Iron Age if you think this crap in your bible is THE TRUTH

God didn't write the bible. God didn't invent slavery and God didn't end slavery. God created existence.

So now the bible isn't THE TRUTH. And your god allowed his WORD to be corrupted.

Tell me how do you know which parts of the bible are THE TRUTH and which are the corrupted?

You don't so therefore the bible is meaningless.

The story is still held up by Christians to be a true story.

Is it true or is it baloney? Can you argue for the side that says it's true? This could be the topic for our debate!
And you'll have a majority of Christians on your side, so no need to limit participation.

Sorry but I can't accept the side that says it's true.
I think you should make that argument in the Bull Ring.

You mean the scripture that says it's perfectly fine to buy and sell people and own them as property to be handed down to your children?

It's YOUR interpretation that is incorrect not mine because you think that was voluntary.

A perfectly "good" "loving" god does not condone slavery. Your morals are just as reprehensible as the people in the Iron Age if you think this crap in your bible is THE TRUTH
No, the scripture that told them to not do as their neighbors do and treat them better.

So now the bible isn't THE TRUTH. And your god allowed his WORD to be corrupted.

Tell me how do you know which parts of the bible are THE TRUTH and which are the corrupted?

You don't so therefore the bible is meaningless.
God didn't write the bible. Fallible men wrote the bible. Fallible men who were inspired by the Holy Spirit which used their fallibility to write these accounts in certain ways for certain purposes known only to the infallible Holy Spirit.

No, the scripture that told them to not do as their neighbors do and treat them better.

Owning people as property is not treating anyone better

You know how tyou treat people better?

Don't own slaves

You apologists make me want to puke.

God didn't write the bible. Fallible men wrote the bible. Fallible men who were inspired by the Holy Spirit which used their fallibility to write these accounts in certain ways for certain purposes known only to the infallible Holy Spirit.

So then nothing in the bible can be considered the WORD OF GOD or THE TRUTH and yet you still defend the slavery endorsed by men.

IOW it's all made up.

1709216155868.png

If that's what you want to believe, go for it.
You said yourself the bible was written by men so it's merely the opinion of men right?

You don't even follow all the commands on morality in their so your belief is nothing but your opinion that you try to push as THE TRUTH

Like I said you're a fraud and a hypocrite.

You said yourself the bible was written by men so it's merely the opinion of men right?
Fallible men who were inspired by the Holy Spirit which used their fallibility to write these accounts in certain ways for certain purposes known only to the infallible Holy Spirit.

Fallible men who were inspired by the Holy Spirit which used their fallibility to write these accounts in certain ways for certain purposes known only to the infallible Holy Spirit.
So then there is no possible way for you to know what the actual word of your god is which is why you make shit up and defend slavery and child abuse.

So then there is no possible way for you to know what the actual word of your god is which is why you make shit up and defend slavery and child abuse.
I just told you. Anything which is true is the word of God as God is truth.

Forum List

Back