Montgomery County police union used felons to gather signatures in ballot drive

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Jesus Christ, you just can't make this shit up. And the unions can't understand why they're bleeding members and support all over the country.

Montgomery County's police union used felons, including a fugitive and a man convicted of forgery, to collect signatures for a ballot measure that would kill legislation reducing police collective bargaining rights, court documents show.

The county cites the Fraternal Order of Police's use of felons among reasons why at least 6,700 of the 34,828 signatures validated by the County Board of Elections are insufficient to put the measure, protecting police officers' ability to negotiate any management decision, on the November ballot.

The felons were responsible for collecting signatures and certifying they were gathered legally.

"The notion that a felon who under Maryland law would be prohibited from voting in an election, and who at any time was at the risk of arrest by the very individuals on whose behalf he was circulating the petition, would be responsible for preventing fraud flies in the face of common sense and is truly laughable," attorneys for the county wrotein documents filed in Montgomery County Circuit Court.

Montgomery County police union used felons to gather signatures in ballot drive | Washington Examiner

My fave:

""
One felon, Keith Gregory Moore, of Grand Rapids, Mich., was convicted of forgery, fraud, aggravated assault and home invasion, the court filing shows.
Another petition circulator, Jessie James Rowe, of Kalamazoo, Mich., was a fugitive felon at the time he wasgathering signatures -- and still is -- the document says.
In June 2010, Rowewas convicted of possession of methamphetamines or Ecstasy. A warrant was issued for his arrest on July 2, 2010, after he tested positive for marijuana, amphetamines and opiates, violating his bond. As of May 17, when the county filed the court documents, the warrant was still outstanding. In 2004, Rowe pleaded guilty to operating a meth lab."

Montgomery County police union used felons to gather signatures in ballot drive | Washington Examiner

Jesus Christ, you just can't make this shit up. And the unions can't understand why they're bleeding members and support all over the country.

Montgomery County's police union used felons, including a fugitive and a man convicted of forgery, to collect signatures for a ballot measure that would kill legislation reducing police collective bargaining rights, court documents show.

The county cites the Fraternal Order of Police's use of felons among reasons why at least 6,700 of the 34,828 signatures validated by the County Board of Elections are insufficient to put the measure, protecting police officers' ability to negotiate any management decision, on the November ballot.

The felons were responsible for collecting signatures and certifying they were gathered legally.

"The notion that a felon who under Maryland law would be prohibited from voting in an election, and who at any time was at the risk of arrest by the very individuals on whose behalf he was circulating the petition, would be responsible for preventing fraud flies in the face of common sense and is truly laughable," attorneys for the county wrotein documents filed in Montgomery County Circuit Court.

So how many other unions are doing this?

My fave:

""
One felon, Keith Gregory Moore, of Grand Rapids, Mich., was convicted of forgery, fraud, aggravated assault and home invasion, the court filing shows.
Another petition circulator, Jessie James Rowe, of Kalamazoo, Mich., was a fugitive felon at the time he wasgathering signatures -- and still is -- the document says.
In June 2010, Rowewas convicted of possession of methamphetamines or Ecstasy. A warrant was issued for his arrest on July 2, 2010, after he tested positive for marijuana, amphetamines and opiates, violating his bond. As of May 17, when the county filed the court documents, the warrant was still outstanding. In 2004, Rowe pleaded guilty to operating a meth lab."

Statists LOVE them felons...people that have ZERO regard for decent society...

So a Felon can't gather signatures? Yeah, the fugitive wasn't a smooth move but Felons need to work too right?

My fave:

""

I know a convicted felon (now deceased) and he was a lot more decent than you could dream of.

I almost became a convicted felon, myself, but fortunately Madison County Mississippi has a program where you can legally bribe your way out of court.

Last edited:
My fave:

""

Decent society? You mean like "Let him die"? And "feed the poor and they'll breed"? THAT "decent" society?

My fave:

""

I know a convicted felon (now deceased) and he was a lot more decent than you could dream of.

I almost became a convicted felon, myself, but fortunately Madison County Mississippi has a program where you can legally bribe your way out of court.

Well that's something to brag about...you broke the law..then broke it again to avoid being held accountable.

You're the perfect progressive!

My fave:

""

Decent society? You mean like "Let him die"? And "feed the poor and they'll breed"? THAT "decent" society?

As opposed to "kill babies in the womb!" and "Help oppressed populations by hastening their demise!"

At least we offer people the possibility of survival.

Well that's something to brag about...you broke the law..then broke it again to avoid being held accountable.

You're the perfect progressive!

And you're the perfect bigoted bimbo.

Congrats..........................

I'm sorry, I have a problem with forgers and robbers going door to door to gather signatures. It reminds me of Black Panthers menacing voters at the booths, and certain elections that were won via the "dead voter" lobby.

I guess crooks stick together.

Come on guys, don't be so hard on the convicted felons.

They need SOMETHING to do when they're not working their way onto the voter rolls...

I'm sorry, I have a problem with forgers and robbers going door to door to gather signatures. It reminds me of Black Panthers menacing voters at the booths, and certain elections that were won via the "dead voter" lobby.

What about that Republican INCUMBENT who missed getting on the ballot because he tried to pass off photocopied signatures? Is that okay with you when the GOP commits voter fraud?

Rep. Thaddeus McCotter, R-Mich., is facing the daunting prospect of running a write-in campaign to get re-elected this year, as his campaign fell far short of the number of petition signatures he needs to qualify for the August primary ballot.

Compounding McCotter's troubles: It appears election fraud may have played a part in the failure.

The Michigan attorney general's office launched an investigation into the ballot scandal that threatens to bring an end to McCotter's decade-long career in Congress. The congressman from Detroit's suburbs briefly suspended his own plans to seek re-election last year to make a run for president.

McCotter made that announcement under cloudy skies to a small, chanting crowd last July.

"Remember the storms are coming," he said at the time. "You may interpret it as any type of omen that you wish."

The looming rainstorm might have been something of an omen. McCotter's dry wit and guitar-playing skills brought him some media attention, but he never caught fire in the Republican primaries. His presidential campaign quickly fizzled, and McCotter filed to run for a sixth term in a district considered safely Republican. No one expected what was to come next.

It takes a minimum of just 1,000 signatures to qualify for the ballot. McCotter's campaign claimed to have turned in twice that number. But now Michigan elections officials say McCotter fell far short with only 244 legitimate signatures. The rest were photocopies. That's right — copies of the same 244 signatures over and over.

McCotter claims he was duped, but also says he accepts responsibility for what happened. He says he wants the Michigan attorney general to investigate, and he will run as a write-in candidate. There is already another Republican candidate on the ballot, so McCotter will have to get more people to write in his name.

GOP Michigan Congressman To Run Write-In Campaign : It's All Politics : NPR

What about that Republican INCUMBENT who missed getting on the ballot because he tried to pass off photocopied signatures? Is that okay with you when the GOP commits voter fraud?

Rep. Thaddeus McCotter, R-Mich., is facing the daunting prospect of running a write-in campaign to get re-elected this year, as his campaign fell far short of the number of petition signatures he needs to qualify for the August primary ballot.

Compounding McCotter's troubles: It appears election fraud may have played a part in the failure.

The Michigan attorney general's office launched an investigation into the ballot scandal that threatens to bring an end to McCotter's decade-long career in Congress. The congressman from Detroit's suburbs briefly suspended his own plans to seek re-election last year to make a run for president.

McCotter made that announcement under cloudy skies to a small, chanting crowd last July.

"Remember the storms are coming," he said at the time. "You may interpret it as any type of omen that you wish."

The looming rainstorm might have been something of an omen. McCotter's dry wit and guitar-playing skills brought him some media attention, but he never caught fire in the Republican primaries. His presidential campaign quickly fizzled, and McCotter filed to run for a sixth term in a district considered safely Republican. No one expected what was to come next.

It takes a minimum of just 1,000 signatures to qualify for the ballot. McCotter's campaign claimed to have turned in twice that number. But now Michigan elections officials say McCotter fell far short with only 244 legitimate signatures. The rest were photocopies. That's right — copies of the same 244 signatures over and over.

McCotter claims he was duped, but also says he accepts responsibility for what happened. He says he wants the Michigan attorney general to investigate, and he will run as a write-in candidate. There is already another Republican candidate on the ballot, so McCotter will have to get more people to write in his name.

GOP Michigan Congressman To Run Write-In Campaign : It's All Politics : NPR

Who the hell said it was okay for anyone to do it? Cheaters are cheaters and should be made to answer for their actions. What really bugs me are the ones in office who lie and cheat. They need to be tossed out and I don't care who they are.

As far as felons coming to my door, it depends on a number of things. Have they truly been reformed? If they are violent repeat offenders, I don't want anywhere near them. If they are convicted child molesters, forget it. Some people do stupid things and learn their lesson. They deserve another chance. Others get out of prison and go right back to crime. Our prisons don't really rehabilitate people. I think some come out worse than when they went in.

Last edited:
So a Felon can't gather signatures? Yeah, the fugitive wasn't a smooth move but Felons need to work too right?

Actually, one of the things the R's are fighting is felons getting back rights.

This is a dandy place for them to start.

So much for "paying one's debt to society".

BTW, have any of these signatures been bogus?

NO???

Well, I'm shocked I tell you. Just shocked.

Last edited:

Actually, one of the things the R's are fighting is felons getting back rights.

This is a dandy place for them to start.

BTW, have any of these signatures been bogus?

NO???

Well, I'm shocked I tell you. Just shocked.

Almost all of Thaddeus McCotter's signatures were bogus.

Maybe he should have hired felons and gotten some real signatures.

Forum List

Back