Montgomery County police union used felons to gather signatures in ballot drive

The Sheriff should be arrested for fraud, waste and abuse using free labor to help himself at the voting booth.

I'm pretty sure if the parole officers of those convicted of the crimes of burglary, robbery, or forgery, knew that their parolees were going door to door to obtain signatures, they would have balked.

Criminals call to criminals. It's the way it works. The unions are criminal, you bet they're going to hire criminals to do their dirty work.

I'm sorry, I have a problem with forgers and robbers going door to door to gather signatures. It reminds me of Black Panthers menacing voters at the booths, and certain elections that were won via the "dead voter" lobby.

They aren't checking the signatures, just gathering them.

If these people were being intimidated at the polls, how come no voters complained that they were intimidated?

Can you name these elections that were won by dead voters?

I almost became a convicted felon, myself, but fortunately Madison County Mississippi has a program where you can legally bribe your way out of court.

Hey, I know what you mean. Except the bribe I paid was in Sumter Co. SC. I don't even like to fly over SC. Interesting system though. And I did appreciate my attorney telling me who the bribe money was going to. Most went to my attorneys dad, who was the judge. And to the court bailiff.. Some to the sherriff. Some to the prison warden. All were friends and I don't think that I was the first to bribe their way out of SC.

I almost became a convicted felon, myself, but fortunately Madison County Mississippi has a program where you can legally bribe your way out of court.

Hey, I know what you mean. Except the bribe I paid was in Sumter Co. SC. I don't even like to fly over SC. Interesting system though. And I did appreciate my attorney telling me who the bribe money was going to. Most went to my attorneys dad, who was the judge. And to the court bailiff.. Some to the sherriff. Some to the prison warden. All were friends and I don't think that I was the first to bribe their way out of SC.

The bribe I paid was 100% legal. Its called "pre-trial diversion". Under the banner of "rehabilitating" drug users, I was able to pay $2000 to the county to enter the 1 year 'program'. The 'program', I was told, consisted of checking in by phone every Tuesday morning and random drug testing. They told me if no one answered when I checked in every Tuesday, to leave a message. As it turns out - I was never asked to take a drug test, and no one ever answered the phone on the other end, it was always the answering machine. About 9 months after I entered the 'program' the charges were dropped and the bail bondsman got his money back and it was over. So in essence - the so-called 'pre-trial diversion' program was really just a way for people with money to buy their way out of having a mark on their record. The arrest has been expunged (my lawyer tried to soak me for an addition 1k on that one but I threatened to sue him) so there is nothing on my record except a note that I have a sealed file. According to my attorney, I can even legally answer "no" when asked if I have ever been arrested.

EDIT:
And get this - if I had been charged with felony possession with intent to distribute, I would not have been eligible for the program. It is entirely up to the discretion of the arresting officer whether the initial charge is felony simple possession or felony possession with intent to distribute. So the arresting officer essentially has the authority to make the first cut as to who is and who isn't allowed to bribe their way out of consequences. If he doesn't like you for whatever reason, you'll be lucky to get out with no prison time and a serious lifetime mark on your record - FELON - if he likes you, and you can get a lawyer who the folks at the DA's office like, you'll be allowed to pay your way out of the mark of FELON - and have, for most purposes, a clean record. In my case, I think the cop was nice because in discussion with him, it turns out the officer had kin back in my home-town in Louisiana. I was also white + middle class + decent car + polite.

Anyone, point is - our present drug policy is designed so that those with enough money and who are liked by the players in the justice system can buy their way out of the consequences - completely legally

I think this is moreso with drug laws than with anything. If you're charged with murder, you can buy a really good lawyer and hope the jury acquits - but generally you can't buy your way out of ever having to stand trial in the first place.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure if the parole officers of those convicted of the crimes of burglary, robbery, or forgery, knew that their parolees were going door to door to obtain signatures, they would have balked.

Criminals call to criminals. It's the way it works. The unions are criminal, you bet they're going to hire criminals to do their dirty work.

What about Thaddeus McCotter, the incumbent MI representative who photocopied the signatures that were required to get him on the ballot?

Now, he's gonna have to hope for a write in campaign if he wants to keep his office.

How is he relevant to this topic?

Did he hire forgers to drum up signatures?

How is he relevant to this topic?

Did he hire forgers to drum up signatures?

No, he didn't hire forgers.

He went the simpler way and just did Xerox.

Still think that this bit of election fraud doesn't matter?

If so (I give you the benefit of the doubt), do you still support McCotter?

Forum List

Back