Mom forces son to kill hamster for bad grades

xsited1

Agent P
Sep 15, 2008
Little Rock, AR
As punishment for bad grades, a Georgia mother forced her 12-year-old son to kill his pet hamster with a hammer, police said.

Lynn-Geter-hamster_377113l.jpg

Cops: Mom forces son to kill hamster for bad grade | ajc.com

I'm not into rodents for pets but definitely wrong and very cruel.

I also don't like the idea of rodents as pets, but this was way disgusting on so many levels.

One minor consideration is the poor hamster is not the one who failed the class.

Way over cruel. I think there are other issues in that messed up head.

My how quickly the presumption of innocence is thrown overboard.

You're right. The kid could've made up the whole story, for example. We'll see what happens next.

I try to withhold judgement untill all the facts are known. All we know is what the woman is accused of. And you're right, it is possible the kid made up the story. Perhaps a hamster autopsy is needed. :lol:

How does killing a hamster help the kid get better grades?

She should have had him hit himself with the hammer.

Then again, I'm sure his poor grades are the result of having sucky parenting, therefore, she should have had him hit her in the head with the hammer.

My how quickly the presumption of innocence is thrown overboard.

What you think perhaps teh mother took away sonny's Wii because of his bad grades and he decided to retaliate by getting rid of his pet hampster then telling the teacher what his mom 'forced' him to do? Unless the Mom confesses I'd say that was far more likely than the tale as told. Even if she does she might be trying to protect her son from being charged with filing a false report.
Never can tell.

Forum List

Back