MOHAMMED CARICATURE (T-SHIRT) - Group Buy Anyone?

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
Product_361_PrSpare1.jpg

http://www.shopmetrospy.com/cgi-bin/sc-v4/shopmecprod2.pl?client=shopmetro&catid=54&PRID=361

Tempting yes, but you might as well wear a pro-holocaust or a "burn christians in the coliseum" shirt for all the offense you would generate with this.

Plus, it's just not classy.

Hagbard Celine said:
Tempting yes, but you might as well wear a pro-holocaust or a "burn christians in the coliseum" shirt for all the offense you would generate with this.

Plus, it's just not classy.

Apparently, the only people offended by it are Muslims. And I already wear shirts that would potentially offend people, so that really doesn't bother me. IMO, it's exercising my right to free speech, just as someone wearing a "burn christians in the coliseum" shirt would be exercising their right to free speech. I do have to say, though, that wearing a shirt that portrays Mohammed as violent (which is a historical fact - Islam's spread was primarily by the sword) is not the same as being pro-Holocaust or pro-killing Christians.

gop_jeff said:
Apparently, the only people offended by it are Muslims. And I already wear shirts that would potentially offend people, so that really doesn't bother me. IMO, it's exercising my right to free speech, just as someone wearing a "burn christians in the coliseum" shirt would be exercising their right to free speech.
When you're right, you're right.

At first I wasn't going to get this, but I think I will now. It irks me when Muslims are saying that we must "respect" their religion. No, I don't have to. I do not respect Islam as a religion at all. And I should have the right to express that without any fear or hesitation.

gop_jeff said:
Apparently, the only people offended by it are Muslims. And I already wear shirts that would potentially offend people, so that really doesn't bother me. IMO, it's exercising my right to free speech, just as someone wearing a "burn christians in the coliseum" shirt would be exercising their right to free speech. I do have to say, though, that wearing a shirt that portrays Mohammed as violent (which is a historical fact - Islam's spread was primarily by the sword) is not the same as being pro-Holocaust or pro-killing Christians.
Being one of the original LGF's, I got and wore the t-shirt. Believe it or not, a Palestinian started harrassing me at the Jewel, (big grocery chain in these parts). He got kicked out by the police. I've worn it since with no problem.

Kathianne said:
Being one of the original LGF's, I got and wore the t-shirt. Believe it or not, a Palestinian started harrassing me at the Jewel, (big grocery chain in these parts). He got kicked out by the police. I've worn it since with no problem.

Say not so, you wore this shirt and got harrassed? You really are a rebel... :banana: :D

Bonnie said:
Say not so, you wore this shirt and got harrassed? You really are a rebel... :banana: :D
More likely stupid. However, I think LGF and other blogs speak for many.

Forum List

Back