Modern Yoga?

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Infamous serial killers such as Jack the Ripper and the Boston Strangler have changed the way historians of the modern age discuss the problems associated with urbanization and law enforcement.

When we think of the city, we may think of labyrinths of traffic, congestion, and even vagrancy. While some cities are plagued more than others, all cities require prudent civics management and social leaders committed to 'governance dialogue.'

Many comic books present 'urban ghouls' such as Two-Face (DC Comics) and Kingpin (Marvel Comics) who serve as 'power gargoyles' and 'diplomats of profiteerism corruption.' These fictional avatars signify a social focus on the problems of jurisprudence and legalese prioritization in modern urban environments such as New York City.

Urbanization, industrialization, and technology are surely hallmarks of modernism but they are also sign-posts for organized crime, eco-pollution, and nuclear weapons. So where is the 'spiritual plumber' or 'optimism masseuse'?

Many religious leaders/prophets (i.e., Buddha, Jesus, etc., etc.) have talked about the importance of 'moral hygiene' and 'teamwork meditation' and how it can affect 'spiritual happiness.'

Maybe the modern age requires a kind of 'cowboy yoga.'

====

TOM CRUISE: The world needs to embrace the culture of Planet Hollywood.
DONALD TRUMP: Are you talking about the proverbial cliche, "Planet Starbucks"?
TOM CRUISE: Yes, I'm talking about consumerism and commerce...and general human traffic!
DONALD TRUMP: This is the age of media. Ya know, I made a cameo in Woody Allen's Celebrity.
TOM CRUISE: I remember. You talked about 'consumerism-friendly architecture.'
DONALD TRUMP: I don't think it's positive that Americans drink coffee for breakfast.
TOM CRUISE: Hop into your car and get on the LA Freeway and spew toxic gases while sitting in traffic.
DONALD TRUMP: Right. With your cup of Starbucks brew...
TOM CRUISE: That's why I endorse 'empirical spirituality' (i.e., Scientology)!
DONALD TRUMP: Hey, maybe everyone needs a sort of 'religious yoga' in modern New York.
TOM CRUISE: I plan to make a movie about the Boston Strangler.
DONALD TRUMP: Great. Maybe I'll make a 'cameo' (as a criminal psychologist).

====

Boston Strangler (Wikipedia)

Scarecrow.jpg

Assassin Dojo?

It is interesting to note that the development of civilization has coincided with the celebration of masquerade (e.g., Halloween). There are a surprising number of Hollywood (USA) films in recent years exploring fantastic characters/superheroes in outlandish costumes. Why is that? There seems to be a connection between pedestrian networking (e.g., Facebook) and self-presentation 'flowery.' Maybe people are more 'expressive' when they feel claustrophobic about urban labyrinths.

That's why we get 'zany' films such as "Maniac Cop" [1988], "The Dark Knight" [2008] and "Assassin's Creed" [2016].

Here's a tale-synopsis I cooked up about 'era archaeology,' which basically makes me feel more 'optimistic' about consumerism politics (i.e., European Union, Wall Street, etc.). In other words, the question I'm posing is, "Can there actually be a 'post-Industrialization yoga' at all, or is that an oxymoron?" I don't think it is.

====

An Internet-blogger and three movie-stars who made films about outlandish/bold characters all started talking about modern age American idealism and how it contoured with post-WWII Middle Eastern fundamentalism terrorism. The 'band of four' (not friends or acquaintances), "The Halloween Army" (let's call them the Idealist, the Samurai, the Psychic, and the Pioneer), stood as a strange contrast to the plethora of images in the media about masked Palestinian terrorists wielding machetes. Is America a place of poetry or masquerade? The Halloween Army was dealing with a new age 'Devil' which could simply and only be referred to as the Anti-Western Scourge.

IDEALIST: American Internet-bloggers need to talk liberally about Starbucks, Wal-Mart, and the Olympics.
SAMURAI: Planet Hollywood offers us Western images of fantastic heroes, which we need to celebrate with optimism.
PSYCHIC: I wonder if all these media images of crazy characters are creating a generation of 'vigilante-wannabes.'
PIONEER: America was founded on ambition, which is exactly what ISIS terrorists despise.

The Halloween Army was never officially recognized in the press/media, but film-makers and writers started discussing the social impact of pedestrian 'presentation-metaphysics' as it reflected the 'market culture' of 'capitalism-imaginarium' companies such as Starbucks, IBM, and LEGO. This was the 'modern yoga' of the 21st and 22nd Century. I've compiled this 'report' using archaeological evidence I found in the remains and personal letters/memos from what must have been referred to as 'The American Empire.' As we know, the world now (in the year 4000) is simply an alliance of federated nations known as the Earth Government.

====

army.jpg

Forum List

Back