Modern art looks it came from a degenerate society.

Objects created from imagination and being used can be beautiful art.

A rifle can be beautiful art.

th

tenor.gif

6028.jpg

Look at this train.

th

I don't know about that rifle, but that BUTT - THAT is art.

Rather than celebrating and feeding the soul modern art confesses it’s view of the soul as something to be starved and stunted in the name of progress.
Look no farther than America’s modern coins for an example. They look like cheap Mardi gras doubloons. And America produced some of the most beautiful medallic and heraldic art in the world before leftists gained power.
Soviet and eastern European coinage was notoriously ugly but I think we have caught up with them.

I can do that!

I'm gonna do a bunch of those. I'll be richer than Midas!

And I'm pretty sure Picasso was a crack head.

Funnily enough, no, Picasso wasn't a crack head, drug addict or an alcoholic for that matter, as 99% of painters and writers were lol

In that sense, he was the exception to the rule.

Today's art I don't care about...it's all shit

for me ....the best art comes from back then.....Picasso, Van Gogh , Gauguin.,Modigliani and etc......those late 1880s and early 90s painters.

that's all the art I like and care about :biggrin:

the rest is nothing
But back then there art wasn't all universally accepted by the art purists. When the French impressionists came out with their artwork it was actually banned by some art galleries and salons.

Today's art I don't care about...it's all shit

for me ....the best art comes from back then.....Picasso, Van Gogh , Gauguin.,Modigliani and etc......those late 1880s and early 90s painters.

that's all the art I like and care about :biggrin:

the rest is nothing
But back then there art wasn't all universally accepted by the art purists. When the French impressionists came out with their artwork it was actually banned by some art galleries and salons.

I know, but I am talking about NOW...TODAY.....not the future, not the past.

Art is almost 100% subjective.

That's right and what a person considers art says a lot about them.

If a person thinks literal shit is art, it is my subjective opinion that it says something about them.
26witbritain-museum2-master768.jpg
You know what they say about opinions, right?

That some people can't handle opinions that differ from their own, so they have to try and silence them?
You can't really be that dumb.

Try again.

Didn't artsy NY snobs gush over a statue of the Christian icon Virgin Mary smeared with animal dung a couple of years ago?

If a person thinks literal shit is art, it is my subjective opinion that it says something about them.

That some people can't handle opinions that differ from their own, so they have to try and silence them?

Try again.

Quite being coy and admit you're too much of a snowflake to handle someone politely expressing an opinion that differs from your own.

Quite being coy and admit you're too much of a snowflake to handle someone politely expressing an opinion that differs from your own.

^^^
Triggered.

If it helps, then on behalf of the world, we people of the world are sorry that you were offended by whatever it is you were offended by.

Better now?

Try again.

Don't know how you got that outta my post.

Wanna try to explain that tortured "reasoning"?

Try again.

I'll try again. I'm not offended by the art. I simply don't think it's art and I believe that what you consider art says something about you. This is my subjective take on the issue. I'm sorry if that upsets you.

Some people prefer:
th

Some people prefer:

Try again.

I'll try again. I'm not offended by the art. I simply don't think it's art and I believe that what you consider art says something about you. This is my subjective take on the issue. I'm sorry if that upsets you.

Some people prefer:
th

Some people prefer:

I'm not sayin' you have to like it, I'm saying you don't get to define it.

For instance I don't think poop is art either, but I'm assuming someone does or it wouldn't be out there to see.

Try again.

Some people prefer:
th

Some people prefer:

For instance I don't think poop is art either, but I'm assuming someone does or it wouldn't be out there to see.

I'm not defining it here. I'm saying that the art a person likes to create and view says something about them.

Try again.

Some people prefer:
th

Some people prefer:

I'm not defining it here. I'm saying that the art a person likes to create and view says something about them.
Like what?

They have poor taste?

Who cares?

Forum List

Back