Modern art looks it came from a degenerate society.

Quite being coy and admit you're too much of a snowflake to handle someone politely expressing an opinion that differs from your own.
Don't know how you got that outta my post.

Wanna try to explain that tortured "reasoning"?

I'll try again. I'm not offended by the art. I simply don't think it's art and I believe that what you consider art says something about you. This is my subjective take on the issue. I'm sorry if that upsets you.

Some people prefer:
th

Some people prefer:

26witbritain-museum2-master768.jpg
I'm not sayin' you have to like it, I'm saying you don't get to define it.

For instance I don't think poop is art either, but I'm assuming someone does or it wouldn't be out there to see.

I'm not defining it here. I'm saying that the art a person likes to create and view says something about them.
Like what?

They have poor taste?

Who cares?

No. I believe that if a group of men like to walk around in a circle on a stage with their thumbs up each other's rectums and call it art, they are degenerate. It also suggests to me that the only way they can get a reaction from their "art" is by trying to shock or offend people.

From the list of 45 communist goals written in 1963:

23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. "Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art."

Don't know how you got that outta my post.

Wanna try to explain that tortured "reasoning"?

I'll try again. I'm not offended by the art. I simply don't think it's art and I believe that what you consider art says something about you. This is my subjective take on the issue. I'm sorry if that upsets you.

Some people prefer:
th

Some people prefer:

26witbritain-museum2-master768.jpg
I'm not sayin' you have to like it, I'm saying you don't get to define it.

For instance I don't think poop is art either, but I'm assuming someone does or it wouldn't be out there to see.

I'm not defining it here. I'm saying that the art a person likes to create and view says something about them.
Like what?

They have poor taste?

Who cares?

No. I believe that if a group of men like to walk around in a circle on a stage with their thumbs up each other's rectums and call it art, they are degenerate. It also suggests to me that the only way they can get a reaction from their "art" is by trying to shock or offend people.
Well fortunately, as previously noted, you don't get to decide.

th

349EE61100000578-0-image-a-2_1464222925093.jpg

art-made-by1.jpg

f2rHdvW.jpg

Compare this to real art:

th

mills-4.jpg

th
images

Modern art is an actual time period---between about 1860-1970.
Vincent van Gogh’s Life and Work - Van Gogh Museum

Also in architecture. Like here:
Columbus, Ind.: A Midwestern Mecca Of Architecture
Guide to the huge collection of architecture in Columbus, Indiana

On the architecture, there were several pieces in an architecture mag that discussed if there was some type of mental illness with this type of architecture. It's not that far fetched from say Dadaism
Dadaism - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I love Dadaism simply because it represented the disgust, futility, rejection of authority and is associated with the fall out of WWI. Wouldn't hang it up in my house but....

I am not a fan of abstract expressionism; however, it has a specific time period.
Abstract Expressionism Movement Overview

th

349EE61100000578-0-image-a-2_1464222925093.jpg

art-made-by1.jpg

f2rHdvW.jpg

Compare this to real art:

th

mills-4.jpg

th
That's more like "postmodern" art, I think.

Supposedly, kind of like the "punk music" fad, it was more just about pure "expression",. and not about actual talent or technique.

I believe in one case, on of the artists admitted that he had no talent at all, and if someone just doodled stick figures on a piece of paper and let him sign his name on it, he would be able to sell it to someone and they wouldn't know the difference.

Forum List

Back