Moderation of private messages

Who takes threats here seriously. It's a freaking messageboard...

Threats suggest an underlying psychiatric issue which, ignored, may blossom in unfortunate ways. True that they are not easily carried out on messageboards and the frustration of that may cause the threatening individual to act out his/her fantasies on totally unconnected persons.

These are the sort of people who run for office or seek certain employment for the power they perceive as coming with authority. It's seen a lot among private security people and appears to be proliferating amongst TSA applicants.

It must've been gadawg.

Who takes threats here seriously. It's a freaking messageboard...

If you recieve a threat VIA email or PM you have the police trace it and have the person that wrote you the threat arrested. Police take that shit seriously. (as do I) There is also a stalking law for people that follow you around the internet. Henry if I was you, I would call your local PD about it if you think its that serious. I know I would.

You have to make sure it's a real threat, though. I had a guy follow me half-way home and yell at me not to walk my dogs down a certain street again, OR ELSE. This was after I had to pepper spray his pit bull that rushed my leashed dogs. (It was just a tiny squirt, no real damage done!)

Anyway, I called the police and they said that is not considered a threat. A threat would have to be specific, such as, "if you walk your dogs down this street again I will shoot you dead."

According to the police here, the threat must state WHO will do WHAT to WHOM.

Yeah, never take a cop's word regarding legal matters.
Just keep climbing higher with your complaint, and call the DA's office to tell them you're being discouraged from filing a complaint by the cop....

I had to shut my pm's off due to a stalker, now my media portal is under DOS attacts all of a sudden from the chi.coms, im sure thats just a coincidence.

Actually, I've had my real identity discovered on a message board. And then the threats have more meaning.

Yup.

I am particularly fond of threats of contacting people in your real life to make trouble. "I'll bet your kids would love to know blah blah blah" or "I wonder what your boss would think of etc. and so forth..."

I had a hacker on another board broadcast my real name and my town and state...that was nice. I've also had quite a few pms telling me to kill myself, to do my kids a favor and die, etc. and so on. That's always fun.

The language is one thing.

Threats are quite another.

If you were threatend then find a mod or admin and forward it to them.

Dealing with assholes is part of the joy of being here. Dealing with internet tuff guys is not.

and if your mod won't take it seriously, find another one who will. If you have told someone to leave you alone, if you have asked them not to pm you or send you messages, and you have done your part to limit interaction in private, the mods should be contacting the ISP of the person doing the harassing.

And harassment/stalking is unwanted contact that is intended to harm, intimidate, or to annoy.

Anyone that does not take threats seriously because it's "just a message board" needs a wakeup call. That's all I will say on the matter.
So y'all just pooh pooh it off and bury your heads in the sand. Until.

So I take it the OP doesn't seem to care for fucking bad language ~LoL~
I assure you, the piece of shit PM wasn't from me, but if it's offensive you don't like, then I suggest you stay the hell away from anything that comes thru with my fucking name on it *haha*

P.S. I'm just kidding.
P.S.S. No, I'm really not.
P.S.S.S. I am really not fucking kidding.

That Dabs, what a kidder.

The weatherman says we are being threated by storms later today. Should I be worried?:eek:

Physical Threats should not be tolerated at all. Zero Tolerance. Report them. Don't let anyone blow you off either.

Here is a wake up call folks: https://www.eff.org/press/archives/2011/07/29

Although I feel the victim in the above post has no right to do what he is attempting, it seems the courts do.

ANY online physical threat to ones self or family or friend SHOULD be prosecuted. That along with online stalking. This is a VERY serious matter.

Intelligent discussion and civility are a must. Threats should never be tolerated.

Forum List

Back