Moderate Republicans Totally Fuck themselves

"Reagan proved that deficits don't matter." - Dick Cheney.

I'm really glad that the political right has gotten religion on fiscal balances lately, but over the past 30 years, they were either rank hypocrites or dumber than nails, i.e. "tax cuts pay for themselves."
Lately?

Don't ever look at spending. :eusa_shhh:

Yes. It rose faster than the economy under Bush. Where were all these "conservative" Republicans bitching about it when it happened under a Republican President and Congress?
AND, it rose even faster and higher under Obama.

:doubt:

"Reagan proved that deficits don't matter." - Dick Cheney.

I'm really glad that the political right has gotten religion on fiscal balances lately, but over the past 30 years, they were either rank hypocrites or dumber than nails, i.e. "tax cuts pay for themselves."
Lately?

Yes. It rose faster than the economy under Bush. Where were all these "conservative" Republicans bitching about it when it happened under a Republican President and Congress?
Um...I and guys like me were bitching hard....But then again, I never was a Chimpola buttboi.

Ask anyone who knows....I can give you a list, if that'll help.

Lately?

Um...I and guys like me were bitching hard....But then again, I never was a Chimpola buttboi.

Ask anyone who knows....I can give you a list, if that'll help.

Yes, I know you were. Most others on the right were not, however.

Lately?

That's your yardstick? That's what it means to be a "conservative" in America these days? Really?

And for the record, the FY09 budget - the one with the $1.4 trillion deficit - was the last budget passed under the Bush.

That's your yardstick? That's what it means to be a "conservative" in America these days? Really?

You know better than to pull ridiculous strawmen on me. I never said any of that.

And for the record, the FY09 budget - the one with the $1.4 trillion deficit - was the last budget passed under the Bush.
Did you read my link above? And, since '09, OBAMA - you know, the current fucking POTUS and neocon in office - has added $5.2 trillion more. That's ALL on Obama.

You know better than to pull ridiculous strawmen on me. I never said any of that.

Did you read my link above? And, since '09, OBAMA - you know, the current fucking POTUS and neocon in office - has added $5.2 trillion more. That's ALL on Obama.

Then why did you bring that up about Obama? Was this supposed to be news?

Obama inherited a bad mess, but he wanted the job, so everything after that is on him. But that does not absolve the Republican party for their own gross incompetence over the past 30 years. Pointing at the other guy and saying "He's worse" is hardly a badge of honor.

Obama inherited a bad mess, but he wanted the job, so everything after that is on him. But that does not absolve the Republican party for their own gross incompetence over the past 30 years. Pointing at the other guy and saying "He's worse" is hardly a badge of honor.
Only, Obama IS worse on spending. :eusa_eh: Bush is gone...has been for years, now.

And, once again, I never said anyone is absolved. Stop that, it's stupid.

Only, Obama IS worse on spending. :eusa_eh: Bush is gone...has been for years, now.

Good. This is a thread about Republicans. I never brought up Obama. You asked the question about balanced budgets. Perhaps your question was rhetorical because balanced budgets haven't been part of the Republican political lexicon for most of the time since 1980.

Good. This is a thread about Republicans. I never brought up Obama. You asked the question about balanced budgets. Perhaps your question was rhetorical because balanced budgets haven't been part of the Republican political lexicon for most of the time since 1980.
I did ask because I no longer have any idea what the moronic hate-peddlers mean any longer when they say extremism.

The budget is out of control, and it's laughable to even refer to what the government does with money as a 'budget". At this point in time, it's a clusterfuck. Obama's MO is to add to that clusterfuck all the while telling the morons that the clusterfuck is all someone else's doing.

We need to raise taxes and cut spending, - one without the other won't work - because of the clusterfuck.

You can thank me for clearing that up for you.

Meh, what does it matter....we'll be lucky to get through the cliff with just a recession.

It's just the way it is. I'm going to brace myself while the rest of the partisans argue over whose fault it is.

Last edited:

yeah but... :p

Good observation Toro. As far as the Obama spending meme that someone brought up :doubt::

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/...-spending-stimulus-budget-historic-trends.php
slowest-spending.png

you mean how can real conservatives separate THEMSELVES from extremist reactionaries, don't you frrank?

because, believe me, i'm pretty sure right now that the normal republicans are wishing you guys would disappear

no we wish you would:

1)quit giving drivelage bloviation adnauseum

2) quit lecturing the definition of conservatism

3) quit lecturing about the current state of demographics

Barry Goldwater was crushed.

Deal with it.
And Reagan won two landslides....Never mind the fact that his actions didn't measure up to the campaign rhetoric, he still won.

he ran against two even bigger non-entities than he was.

Well, that's the key to winning elections. It's not about your virtues, but making sure your opponent (there's only one in our two-party delusion) is an even bigger douche than you are. Obama won when the Democrats got Romney nominated.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Forum List

Back