MLK would not recognize today’s Civil Rights movement.

What if MLK survived his assassination attempt and was in a coma until now?

Threads like this are pathetic.

Someone that would never support the civil rights movement wants to tell everyone else what Martin Luther King would think. Don't stop there, what would jesus do.

"Dr. King's dream is our dream. It is the American Dream. It's the promise stitched into the fabric of our Nation, etched into the hearts of our people, and written into the soul of humankind." - Trump

I'll send you $100 if you can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Trump wrote those words.

Stephen Miller wrote them. Trump approved them. so what?

Obama also had speechwriters. so do all politicians. Trump is the most original politician ever. a lot of what he says is his own words.

" you can try to strip away our rights. But you will NEVER strip away our innate ability to DREAM. And we will scream those dreams with love. And we will prevail." - Wacky Alyssa Milano to President Trump

" you can try to strip away our rights. But you will NEVER strip away our innate ability to DREAM. And we will scream those dreams with love. And we will prevail." - Wacky Alyssa Milano to President Trump

411363.jpg

“When The Power Of Love Overcomes The Love Of Power The World Will Know Peace” - Jimi Hendrix

The US Supreme Court has ruled that Voter ID laws are perfectly legal and constitutional, but the Racist Democrats are against Voter ID laws that prevent Voter Fraud.
In effect Voting Democrat IS an act of racism and a vote against Voting Rights.

The Democrats demand racial discrimination in employment and education.
Today the Left is against protecting everyone’s Right to Vote with common sense Voter ID laws that prevent Voter Fraud.

MLK supported Affirmative Action. MLK did not support discriminatory voting policies disguised as 'common sense'.
You are against Voting Rights if you are against protecting them

Someone that would never support the civil rights movement wants to tell everyone else what Martin Luther King would think. Don't stop there, what would jesus do.

Actually I am a 100% supporter of Civil Rights and that is why I stopped Voting for Democrat a long time ago

Wanna hear a good one?

I posted this MLK, Jr. quote earlier today, when connies were trying to claim MLK would be a republican:

"The Republican Party geared its appeal and program to racism, reaction, and extremism.
All people of goodwill viewed with alarm and concern the frenzied wedding at the Cow Palace of the KKK with the radical right." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Nutcase Redfish came back with (para) Alveeda King would take exception to that.

:lol:

BLM would embarrass the hell out of MLK.
He would support the message but not all the tactics

MLK would be outraged over the number of blacks incarcerated and the number of police officers who kill unarmed suspects and receive no punishment

BLM would embarrass the hell out of MLK.
He would support the message but not all the tactics

MLK would be outraged over the number of blacks incarcerated and the number of police officers who kill unarmed suspects and receive no punishment

So a black armed robber should be given probation because we already have too many black people in prison?

We need to end the Bullshit "War on Drugs"

Would MLK agree with BLM saying they want people to murder cops?

Can anyone post an MLK quote advocating for the murder of police?

MLK would be a Republican and a Trump-supporter today. He was in no way a race-pimp like Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton.

I'm playing "Right-wingers trying to claim MLK" Bingo.

That's one square marked.

When the Left Wingers stop going all the way to the Supreme Court to deny people college admission and to prevent them from being hired because of their skin color people will take the Democrats serious on Civil Rights.

Hey, troll.

Do you think anyone gives a flying fuck about what you "take seriously"? You're a fucking clown.
ANNNDDD.... Point proven. When you have nothing left, name call and go personal.

What "point" would that be, fuckstick?
The FACT that you have NOTHING, and have not obtained the maturity to admit it. Therefore you resort to the juvenile tactic of name calling and making the discussion about personally smearing.

On another note, have you ever heard of Saul Alinsky? I think you would like what he had to say....

Yes, I do follow the rules "much". I also know what the rules are, which is what separates me and you.

Don't you guys see how silly it makes you look, constantly whining about my position on staff as if it's some magic bullet in any conversation?

So in other words, you know what your rules are but don't give a fuck because nobody will ban you, eh? color me surprised.

No, it means that I know what the rules are, and I'm not breaking them, no matter how much you want to change the topic of this thread to me.

How about you address the topic of this thread, fuckwit? I understand you've got a crush, but this isn't about me.
Says the guy who made it personal...

Pot: you're black.
Kettle: so are you.

Every year, it's always the same.

There's usually more than two - but there's always at least two MLK threads started by conservatives, one praising MLK and bemoaning the current civil rights movement in an attempt to claim him as your own, and another shitting all over MLK, calling him a womanizing communist, etc.

And this year, there's this thread (type A), and then this thread: Martin Luther “Kang” was a Communist Subversive (type B).
What's the problem here? Do you need a "safe space" where no one will question the saintliness of MLK? Face it, not everyone has your view, doesn't make them wrong, or right. But, as a liberal?, progressive?, I would have thought you would welcome a diverse group of viewpoints. Guess I was wrong. Oh well.

THAT is why so many have a hard time taking you seriously. If you don't see your own hypocrisy, I do not know how to help you understand.

Dr King would be appalled that

1. We elected a racist like Donald Trump
2. That there is so much disparity in the distribution of wealth
3. So many blacks are in prison

How is Donald Trump a racist?

I don't know how he became a racist

I assume that since his father was in the KKK that he was raised that way

OK, I'll pose it another way... what is Trump doing that makes him a racist?
Where shall we start?

Refused to condemn David Duke
Defended Nazi and KKK marchers
Called Mexicans murderers and rapists
Banned Muslims
Called Africa a shithole
26908008_10159994975810515_2497442392731101391_n.png.jpg

MLK would be a Republican and a Trump-supporter today. He was in no way a race-pimp like Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton.

Indeed, his mo0st famous quote, from his “I have a dream” speech, is of a day when a man would be judged by the content of his character rather than by the color of his skin. This is exactly what Republicans have stood for, sinc ewell before Mr. King was born, and up through this day; and it is the opposite of any position that the Democrats have ever taken, or the positions most modern-day movements that purport to promote the interests of blacks.

"Whenever the issue of compensatory treatment for the Negro is raised, some of our friends recoil in horror. The Negro should be granted equality, they agree; but he should ask nothing more. On the surface, this appears reasonable, but it is not realistic."

"A society that has done something special against the Negro for hundreds of years must now do something special for the Negro."

Too much "doing"..Frederick Douglass was right..... your "doing" has contributed to the disintegration of the traditional black family in the inner city

"Everybody has asked the question, and they learned to ask it early of the abolitionists, 'What shall we do with the Negro?' I have had but one answer from the beginning. Do nothing with us! Your doing with us has already played the mischief with us."

Frederick Douglass

Forum List

Back