Mitt Romney: This is why the GOP believes in family values

Mitt Romney gave a speech at Liberty University. He cited a Brookings Institute study. If a person graduates high school, gets a job, gets married and then has a child; the odds he will be poor is two percent. If those factors are not in place, it is 76 percent!

So next time, Dems give you sheeot about pimping family values, tell them to stuff it. They are important and absolutely need to be a part of the political discourse.

I guess that's a good case for allowing gays to marry and adopt children.

Or it has nothing to do with that.

Since 2 of the 3 things you listed after graduating HS were getting married and having children,

I'd say it has 67% of something to do with this idiotic fallacy.

If a person graduates high school, gets a job, gets married and then has a child; the odds he will be poor is two percent. If those factors are not in place, it is 76 percent!

You know what I find most interesting about this information?

It makes many of the Leftists in the forum angry to have it revealed and discussed.

When you find out; let me know.

You're the one making, or at least citing, the claims. Do gay men, or women for that matter,
who graduate high school and get a job,

have higher poverty rates than people who graduate high school, get a job, get married to someone of the opposite sex, and have children?

Go back; reread the OP. Your comprehension is low.

Any idiot knows that not graduating HS is detrimental to one's future earning power.

BTW, why don't you actually post the Brookings study, so we can see where Romney cherry picked it?

If a person graduates high school, gets a job, gets married and then has a child; the odds he will be poor is two percent. If those factors are not in place, it is 76 percent!

It makes many of the Leftists in the forum angry to have it revealed and discussed.

It's horseshit, that's why. Most people WITH JOBS aren't poor.

Mitt Romney gave a speech at Liberty University. He cited a Brookings Institute study. If a person graduates high school, gets a job, gets married and then has a child; the odds he will be poor is two percent. If those factors are not in place, it is 76 percent!

So next time, Dems give you sheeot about pimping family values, tell them to stuff it. They are important and absolutely need to be a part of the political discourse.

Short Video Link: Mitt Romney tells Liberty grads to honor family commitments - The Washington Post

Full Speech

[youtube]muHK5Hqgar8[/youtube]

And if before he, "graduates high school, gets a job, gets married and then has a child, he and several friends can assault another student so he can grow up not poor and laugh about the incident as if it were a childish prank.

Yeah, and I saw Elvis pumping gas the other day........:cool:

It is horseshit because you take issue with the facts, or is it horseshit because it gives you great butthurt to face simple truths?

You're the one making, or at least citing, the claims. Do gay men, or women for that matter,
who graduate high school and get a job,

have higher poverty rates than people who graduate high school, get a job, get married to someone of the opposite sex, and have children?

Any idiot knows that not graduating HS is detrimental to one's future earning power.

BTW, why don't you actually post the Brookings study, so we can see where Romney cherry picked it?

I posted the link of Romney citing it explicitly idiot. I think that's fairly substantial.

What's the poverty rate for gay men who graduate high school and get a job?

When you find out; let me know.

On average they have more disposable income than their heterosexual counterparts.

So the best formula to avoid poverty would be get an education, get a job, don't get married, don't have kids.

I agree; if you're focused. However, I think having children gives people the incentive to remain focused.

It is horseshit because you take issue with the facts, or is it horseshit because it gives you great butthurt to face simple truths?

I take issue with the idea that anyone thinks it's a big revelation that graduating from HS will mean you'll get a better job, or that having a job means you're less likely to be poor.

Duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is so cracking me up. For three years we've heard how Obama is all talk and no substance. Now Romney says all the right things and it's Lemmings on Parade.

I posted the link of Romney citing it explicitly idiot. I think that's fairly substantial.

I want to read the entire study. To see what's being cherry picked. Why are you afraid to link to it?

What are you hiding?

The founders and current board of directors of Liberty University label Mitt Romney as not a Christian and someone that will burn in hell for being a Mormon.
I have been a Romney supporter since he entered the race. This visit was for political reasons only.
Credit to Mitt Romney. Hell of a long time for one to hold their nose and smile.

I take issue with the idea that anyone thinks it's a big revelation that graduating from HS will mean you'll get a better job, or that having a job means you're less likely to be poor.

The point, of course, is the deviant family-destructive behavior Lefty supports and pretends to be normal is quite likely to land a person in poverty.

The point, of course, is the deviant family-destructive behavior Lefty supports and pretends to be normal is quite likely to land a person in poverty.

Um, give them time. It takes a little while to actually sink in. The concept of traditional families is so old fashioned. There's no place for it in their world, the government wouldn't have to support them it it were. :)

Forum List

Back