Mitt Romney should donate a few million to help people hurting from Sandy!

You really believe that he is charitable?

Aren't you just the cutest little thing.

The problem is he has a well documented past of being very charitable heh

He already gave millions to charity this year. Last year he gave over $4 million. Joe Biden gave $3690.00 to charity over the last 10 years. Romney freely gave $10,000.00 a day to charity last year. Romney Gave 1,000 Times as Much to Charity in a Year as Biden Gave in a Decade | The Weekly Standard

We don't know how much Obama gave.

It would be really great to see them both donate an equal proportion of their campaign funds.

Romney told everyone to give their campaign donations to the Red Cross early this week.

Obama is broke. He borrowed millions from Bank Of America last week to get him over the top. He has no money other than our money.

only to his church. and as far as i know, they're required to tithe and he hasn't done so fully.

so he loves you if you're mormon.

correct me if there's any evidence of him giving to non church charities.

only to his church. and as far as i know, they're required to tithe and he hasn't done so fully.

Not actually true... but I appreciate that truth is not your bag.

He gives to his church and to other charities. The church requires 10% and he gives more than that. Much more. Besides, I don't go for this argument that dollars are the same as giving of your time and energy. Put a dollar value on that. Anyone can give a few bucks. Try rolling up your sleeves and pitching in. Do you think Obama will ever do that?

No fucken way. Obama doesnt' resort to manual labor. You'll never see him do it.

Should Mitt Romney donate 2 million dollars of his own money to help feed, clothe and shelter the people hurting from hurricane Sandy? He used to help people all the time, so I believe it would be great for him to do so now.

Show the country what a great person you're Mitt Romney!

Heck,

Go hand out meals to people!

How do you know he hasn't? Do you call on a publicist every time you donate any amount?

It would be even better if the presidebt acted like a president once in a while instead of campaigning and using the storm victims as props for his photo ops.

Sorry Matthew, but this is what Romney does with "charity"...

In 1997, Congress cracked down on a popular tax shelter that allowed rich people to take advantage of the exempt status of charities without actually giving away much money.

Individuals who had already set up these vehicles were allowed to keep them. That included Mitt Romney, then the chief executive officer of Bain Capital, who had just established such an arrangement in June 1996. [...]

In this instance, Romney used the tax-exempt status of a charity — the Mormon Church, according to a 2007 filing — to defer taxes for more than 15 years. At the same time he is benefitting, the trust will probably leave the church with less than what current law requires, according to tax returns obtained by Bloomberg this month through a Freedom of Information Act request.

In general, charities don’t owe capital gains taxes when they sell assets for a profit. Trusts like Romney’s permit funders to benefit from that tax-free treatment, said Jonathan Blattmachr, a trusts and estates lawyer who set up hundreds of such vehicles in the 1990s. [...]

Romney’s CRUT, which is only a small part of the $250 million that Romney’s campaign cites as his net worth, has been paying him 8 percent of its assets each year. As the Romneys have received these payments, the money that will potentially be left for charity has declined from at least $750,000 in 2001 to $421,203 at the end of 2011.

About those charitable donations...

Seriously... a left wing hack blog? No wonder you're a fucking idiot... you really need to source your opinions better.

Over $4 million in 2011.... the majority of it to causes unrelated to his faith. Let me know when you find a Democrat who can match that figure... and also, let me know which of your assclowns does not claim ALL the charitable donations they are entitled to on their tax returns, specifically to not minimize their tax burden.

Fucking hack.

LoneLoser struggles to comprehend that I couldn't give a shit what some ranting racist thinks Mitt should do. I would be incredibly surprised if Mitt announced how much he's donated... he has a history of not announcing his charitable works. I see no reason why he should change that now - particularly since the left would hang him for it. I can see the headlines now "Romney tries to buy voters" blah blah blah.

Romney walks the talk, that is why liberals can't stand him.

He gives to his church and to other charities. The church requires 10% and he gives more than that. Much more. Besides, I don't go for this argument that dollars are the same as giving of your time and energy. Put a dollar value on that. Anyone can give a few bucks. Try rolling up your sleeves and pitching in. Do you think Obama will ever do that?

No fucken way. Obama doesnt' resort to manual labor. You'll never see him do it.

Jillian doesn't give a flying fuck about facts, Muds. She's more supportive of whatever bullshit her media tells her is 'truth'. Laughable for a 'lawyer' to be that stupid.

Should Mitt Romney donate 2 million dollars of his own money to help feed, clothe and shelter the people hurting from hurricane Sandy? He used to help people all the time, so I believe it would be great for him to do so now.

Show the country what a great person you're Mitt Romney!

Heck,

Go hand out meals to people!

You what would be even better...

How about this.

Warren Buffett
Bill Gates
Mitt Romney
Mayor Bloomberg.
The guy that owns Oracle
Jay Z
Little Wayne
Bono from U2

How about they all just gave every thing they own.
Just think how much money we would have for the people that were affected by Sandy
if the above just liquidated all their holdings and just gave it all away....

Wouldn't that be great.
That would fix everything. :eusa_clap:

I'm gonna go do my laundry now...
I will come back here later.
Gonna find something more productive to do then be here.

LoneLoser struggles to comprehend that I couldn't give a shit what some ranting racist thinks Mitt should do. I would be incredibly surprised if Mitt announced how much he's donated... he has a history of not announcing his charitable works. I see no reason why he should change that now - particularly since the left would hang him for it. I can see the headlines now "Romney tries to buy voters" blah blah blah.

Romney walks the talk, that is why liberals can't stand him.

Well said!

It is EXACTLY Mitt's steadfastness that we really dislike about him. You can count on Mitt doing precisely what he says he is going to do. Liberals hate that.

Forum List

Back