Mitt Romney has a lock on the GOP nomination.

I think you are exagerating. Not a Palin fan, necessarily, but she did acquit herself well in the debate with Biden and she brought thousands of people to rallies...

Point is, Veep Candidates are never that important in the final contest. Unless it's an Eagleton level meltdown, that is.

VP candidates should complement the Presidential candidate. Palin quickly became a laughingstock and a liability. SNL had a field day with Palin and she became a bigger issue than McCain

There's people out there still watching SNL? really?

Guy, quit trying to rewrite history. Obama won because McCain was no conservative.

Nobody destroyed Palins credibility more than Tina Fey and SNL.

Obama won because...

1.Americans were sick of Republicans and the Bush Regime
2. Obama was young and dynamic, while McCain was a dottering, cranky old man
3. Obama was black

Sorry Comrade. It is obvious that you desire my vote for whoever the GOP sees fit to put out there. You don't care who it is, so long as I vote GOP. Thus it is about the party. Thus you are a Red Menace.

Happy New Year Comrade Unkotare

Did you see the part where I said, "It's not about party, fool"? You should have seen it since you quoted it, you fucking moron. Go take a reading comprehension class, shitforbrains.

Hey. Comrade Dumbfuck, Just because you assert that it isn't about your modern day apparatchik party nonsense doesn't mean you are not lying like a dog on the porch. Did you see where I explained the facts to your illiterate ass? Here, just in case your inbred communist sensibilities didn't survive the local red menace indoc.
It is obvious that you desire my vote for whoever the GOP sees fit to put out there. You don't care who it is, so long as I vote GOP. Thus it is about the party. Thus you are a Red Menace.

By the way comrade; Are you always this stupid or is today a special occasion?

Every day is a special occassion for Unky...

I'd like to know who keeps repping him...

VP candidates should complement the Presidential candidate. Palin quickly became a laughingstock and a liability. SNL had a field day with Palin and she became a bigger issue than McCain

Guy, quit trying to rewrite history. Obama won because McCain was no conservative.

Obama won because...

3. Obama was black

McCain lost because Conservatives didn't show up for him.

And because the media torpedoed McCain, which is the problem when Republicans let the media pick our candidates for us.

Did you see the part where I said, "It's not about party, fool"? You should have seen it since you quoted it, you fucking moron. Go take a reading comprehension class, shitforbrains.

Hey. Comrade Dumbfuck, Just because you assert that it isn't about your modern day apparatchik party nonsense doesn't mean you are not lying like a dog on the porch. Did you see where I explained the facts to your illiterate ass? Here, just in case your inbred communist sensibilities didn't survive the local red menace indoc.
It is obvious that you desire my vote for whoever the GOP sees fit to put out there. You don't care who it is, so long as I vote GOP. Thus it is about the party. Thus you are a Red Menace.

What does it matter? Forum rep is pointless.

Obama won because...

3. Obama was black

And because the media torpedoed McCain, which is the problem when Republicans let the media pick our candidates for us.

Ten million conservatives did not show up?

Cool....I wonder how many will show up for Romney

Obama won because...

3. Obama was black

Well, I guess all the stew bums signed up by ACORN for a pack of smokes helped, too.

But McCain got 2 million less votes than Bush got.

And I suspect that a lot of those went to Obama or stayed home.

Well, I guess all the stew bums signed up by ACORN for a pack of smokes helped, too.

But McCain got 2 million less votes than Bush got.

And I suspect that a lot of those went to Obama or stayed home.

Do you think our Constitution gives stew bums a right to vote?

Is your vote more relevant than that of a stew bum?

Do you think our Constitution gives stew bums a right to vote?

Is your vote more relevant than that of a stew bum?

Yup. ONce. They registered one stew-bum 72 times in Ohio.

I'd prefer to go back to only property holders having the franchise. I have a real problem with working to support people on welfare who can just vote themselves more benefits.

What do you care as long as the DNC keeps sending you your payments?

Obama won because...

3. Obama was black

McCain lost because he ran one of the worst campaigns in history, and because the media was absolutely orgasmic over obama and shed any last bit of credibility in order to hug his nuts into the White House.

McCain lost because he ran one of the worst campaigns in history, and because the media was absolutely orgasmic over obama and shed any last bit of credibility in order to hug his nuts into the White House.

Since you almost get near a reasoned argument here, I'll respond politely.

McCain ran a reasonably good campaign. He was declared dead in the summer of 2007, but came back to win the nomination against much better financed opponents. He kept it competitive the whole way through.

BUt really, no Republican was going to win in 2008 with that screwed up economy, an unpopular war and running under the mantle of a president with a 27% approval rating.

There was a lack of Conservative enthusiasm for him, absolutely. and it was distressing to watch the media turn on him and his surprise.

Can you honestly say Romney would have run a better campaign? Or Huckabee? Or Guiliani?

Not likely.

Obama won because...

3. Obama was black

Yup. The media was in the tank for Barry. Wouldn't have mattered who ran on the GOP ticket.

Your right though that McCain ran a lousy campaign. He surely did.

Also folks were sick of Bush and the Reps. Barry came in spouting his Hope and Change BS and loads of folks fell for it.

Barry was a clean slate in 2008. Ain't the case this time round though. His record as POTUS sucks and I doubt you will hear him try to run on it.

I think though is that arguing why McCain lost in 2008 is like arguing why Custer lost at Little Big Horn.

The Indians won. And so did Obama.

Now, with clarifying that I think Obama has been worse than a biblical plague in actually performing the duties of President, you have to really admire the way he ran his campaign. Both in beating the establishment pick (Hillary Clinton) and then going on to win the national election.

I would classify Obama as the third most skilled politician of my lifetime, the first two being Reagan and Clinton.

Unlike those other two, his ability to actually run the country sucks.

But he'll probably get re-elected because the GOP establishmetn is keen on Romney, no matter what the voters think.

Yup. The media was in the tank for Barry. Wouldn't have mattered who ran on the GOP ticket.

Your right though that McCain ran a lousy campaign. He surely did.

Also folks were sick of Bush and the Reps. Barry came in spouting his Hope and Change BS and loads of folks fell for it.

Barry was a clean slate in 2008. Ain't the case this time round though. His record as POTUS sucks and I doubt you will hear him try to run on it.

He'll run from it, with the (by now very) tired, "Well gosh, look at what Bush did. How could I possibly fix it in just 4 years!" bullshit. His problem is that the stoned college kids are going to stay home this time like they usually do, acorn won't be able to enlist homeless/dead/imaginary multi-voters, and nowhere near enough independents are going to be willing to play Charlie Brown to his Lucy again.

[Yup. The media was in the tank for Barry. Wouldn't have mattered who ran on the GOP ticket.

You're an idiot. The economy was in the tank, the GOP's approval ratings were in the tank, McCain was a terrlble campaigner, his VP pick is an even bigger idiot than you are,

and you blame the MEDIA??

jeezus, where do you people come from?

He'll run from it, with the (by now very) tired, "Well gosh, look at what Bush did. How could I possibly fix it in just 4 years!" bullshit. His problem is that the stoned college kids are going to stay home this time like they usually do, acorn won't be able to enlist homeless/dead/imaginary multi-voters, and nowhere near enough independents are going to be willing to play Charlie Brown to his Lucy again.

Actually, he will pretty easily win a second term.

The Republicans are pathetic.

McCain ran a reasonably good campaign.

Bullshit. You are talking out your ass because you have an agenda. He ran a horrible campaign, one of the worst since Dole in '96.

Ah, we're back to not comprehending past one sentence...

YOu know, every time I have a little hope for you... you prove me wrong. So sad.

McCain ran a good campaign in 2000. He was a maverick, he spoke his mind, he put what he thought was best above what the party thought was best

In 2008, he seemed like a tired old man who knew this was his last shot. He put aside his personal values in order to do whatever it took to get the nomination. By the time the convention came around he was deeply indebted to the far right. So much so that he allowed them to push a loser like Palin on him

[Yup. The media was in the tank for Barry. Wouldn't have mattered who ran on the GOP ticket.

You're an idiot. The economy was in the tank, the GOP's approval ratings were in the tank, McCain was a terrlble campaigner, his VP pick is an even bigger idiot than you are,

and you blame the MEDIA??

jeezus, where do you people come from?

No, your an idiot if you don't know the media was in the tank for Barry Boy.

If they hadn't been in the tank they would have run with Rev Wright, Ayers and all Barrys Chicago thug buddies in Chicago. These folks all got a whitewashing all through the campaign. You can bet your ass if these folks had been in McCains or Palins background they would have been frontpage news for months. They would have dug wells to China to get the dirt.

Jesus where the hell do you come from?? Idiot.

Forum List

Back