Mitt Romney: Federal Reserve Should Avoid Stimulus

Discussion in 'Economy' started by Lakhota, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Lakhota

Lakhota Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,931
    More: Mitt Romney: Federal Reserve Should Avoid Stimulus

2. Lakhota

Lakhota Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,931
    In other words, like House and Senate Republicans, Romney doesn't want anyone to do anything that may help the economy before Election Day.

3. Full-Auto

Full-Auto Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,615
    They wont though so relax.......Some one has to buy our debt. Why not out of thin air, its been working right?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,678
    You don't even know what he's talking about.

"Stimulus" is the Federal Reserve ordering Trillions of dollars in money to be deposited in Banks WORLDWIDE (That's a fact, 7.7 Trillion at last count) so that they can play the stock market and loan it back to us at inflated rates.

By the way that's not "Stimulus" it's "Quantitative Easing". The guys in $5,000 suits who work at the Federal Reserve System made up that phrase to fool people into thinking it actually does any good.

It's a scam. We're getting f*cked.

This actualy makes me have some faith that Romney isn't just a Puppet Tool like Obama and Bush.

5. Shelzin

Shelzin Equal Opportunity Asshole

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Even if it does help, it won't be anything but short term. And it sure as hell won't help long term.

Yeah... I hear you.

Smart man.

Some faith?

Considering the US president, even if he wanted to, has no say into what the Fed does and doesn't do... I don't get why a guy who is running for president would mean two shits to anyone let alone the Fed.

Hell... Even Ron Paul doesn't even mean anything to anything when it comes to the Fed... Only congress.

6. OohPooPahDoo

OohPooPahDoo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,320
    Would be better if more stimulus came from government, the fed can only so so much.

7. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    No you jack ass, It means he does not want them to Further Devalue our Currency, Or Further Damage our Credit Rating. The Fed Is out of Tricks man, They can't Lower Interest Rates, and QE comes at a price we can't keep affording for ever. Sooner or later the Hyper Inflation is going to come. More Action from the Fed is only going to make things worse.

The Problem we have, and I wont blame it on Obama or anyone else, it's the System. Is that our Government can not ever look more than 1 election Cycle Ahead when they act, so what we get is Things that will make things feel and or look better in the Short term, and To hell with the Long term Consequences. Period. The Fed Res was suppose to be Independant to Avoid the Influence of BS like that on it, But clearly it is Beholden to the Same 2 and 4 year Cycle. Their Actions show it. Just keep trying to Re-Inflate the Bubble, Who cares what it will mean in 3 or 5 Years from now, Just so long as it makes the GDP numbers tick up some before Nov. Is all we ever get.

As long as we have Elections every 2 Years and 2 Year Long Presidential Campaigns, Were Never going to break that Cycle. Obama clearly isn't going to Change it, and Romney wont either.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  8. auditor0007

auditor0007 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,218
    I find it odd that he doesn't want the Fed to do anything, but he wants to give a big tax cut to the wealthy. I agree that the Fed shouldn't do anything more, but Romney is talking out of both ends. This is why I just can't stand the man anymore.

9. OohPooPahDoo

OohPooPahDoo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,320
    Well the 7.7 T loan isn't on their balance sheet anymore. Must have been paid back.

10. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    You are Comparing apples to Oranges.

Romney Believes as most Economist do, that Only Private Sector Growth can Generate the Kind of job Growth, and Growth in the Tax base we need, to ease our Problems.

Nothing the Fed Can do is going to Help the Private Sector, Tax Cuts, to any Income Level do. Tax Breaks to Income Levels the Create Jobs, and Invest really do.

But, I am not suggesting I agree with Tax cuts now. I think were in to fucking deep, and I think we can not Cut Taxes, unless we massively Cut spending, and that isn't going to happen.

Basically everything we have done since the Collapse has only served to Delay the Inevitable Completion of a Correction. You have to Fully go through the Pain before you see the Recovery. We never let it happen, We put on Band aids. Now were scrambling to put on Another, But Eventually Were going to have to go through the Pain before a Real Recovery can happen.

But again, our Never see further than the Next Election Government will never admit that.