Mitt Romney: Federal Reserve Should Avoid Stimulus

8% are unemployed because the people working do not have sufficient incentive to go out, work harder, or start new businesses.

Profit is not sufficient incentive to work harder or start a new business? The present barriers to business are primarily lack of consumer demand and secondarily lack of available credit - not a lack of desire to make a living!

Cutting the payroll tax did nothing. It is a failed policy. Making work pay is a failed policy. They are all failed policies, and the numbers dont lie.

They failed - because they returned tax dollars to tax payers?

Not when profit is subject to confiscatory taxes and ever shifting regulations.
THe present barriers to business are an uncertain regulatory and tax climate.
The payroll tax cut failed to stimulate the economy. It is a failed policy. All it did was incresae the deficit.

In other words, like House and Senate Republicans, Romney doesn't want anyone to do anything that may help the economy before Election Day.

And what exactly have they done that has helped the economy? All the Fed has done is create inflation with their massive printing of money driving down its value. All Congress has done is create stagnation with their attempt at central planning. Had they done nothing at all when the crash hit we'd have probably already bounced back better than we are now a lot sooner.

Last edited:
I find it odd that he doesn't want the Fed to do anything, but he wants to give a big tax cut to the wealthy. I agree that the Fed shouldn't do anything more, but Romney is talking out of both ends. This is why I just can't stand the man anymore.

Oh the drama.

Right permanent tax breaks for everyone means just the rich...

I know parrots, they say the same thing regardless of the topic.

In other words, like House and Senate Republicans, Romney doesn't want anyone to do anything that may help the economy before Election Day.

And you couldn't have written this in your OP? Curious.

Also... your interpretation of Romney's words is somewhat disingenuous... are you that desperately afraid of him that you have to openly lie about what he said? How funny.

And what exactly have they done that has helped the economy? All the Fed has done is create inflation with their massive printing of money driving down its value. All Congress has done is create stagnation with their attempt at central planning. Had they done nothing at all when the crash hit we'd have probably already bounced back better than we are now a lot sooner.

Any time a left winger discusses the words of a right winger, starting with the words "in other words...." you know whatever follows is utter bullshit and lies.

You don't even know what he's talking about.

"Stimulus" is the Federal Reserve ordering Trillions of dollars in money to be deposited in Banks WORLDWIDE (That's a fact, 7.7 Trillion at last count) so that they can play the stock market and loan it back to us at inflated rates.

By the way that's not "Stimulus" it's "Quantitative Easing". The guys in $5,000 suits who work at the Federal Reserve System made up that phrase to fool people into thinking it actually does any good.

It's a scam. We're getting f*cked.

This actualy makes me have some faith that Romney isn't just a Puppet Tool like Obama and Bush.

It doesn't give me faith at all. It just tells me he's at a point where he needs to suck the dick of the base of voters that is skeptical, if not completely against, the Fed...which at this point is quite a lot of voters. It's all the Ron Paul people, and more.

Romney doesn't seem to understand that the Federal Reserve is mandated by Congress to both keep inflation low and encourage full employment.

It's incredibly hard to determine whether or not they're truly coming through on that mandate when Congress is not allowed to actually view their open market operations.

"Stimulus" is the Federal Reserve ordering Trillions of dollars in money to be deposited in Banks WORLDWIDE (That's a fact, 7.7 Trillion at last count) so that they can play the stock market and loan it back to us at inflated rates.

By the way that's not "Stimulus" it's "Quantitative Easing". The guys in $5,000 suits who work at the Federal Reserve System made up that phrase to fool people into thinking it actually does any good.

This actualy makes me have some faith that Romney isn't just a Puppet Tool like Obama and Bush.

It doesn't give me faith at all. It just tells me he's at a point where he needs to suck the dick of the base of voters that is skeptical, if not completely against, the Fed...which at this point is quite a lot of voters. It's all the Ron Paul people, and more.

Romney doesnt give a shit about Ron Paul-bots. Nor should he.

Yes I'm sure those few million+ votes aren't going to be real important in an election where previously guaranteed red states are now purple, if not leaning blue. :rolleyes:

Yes I'm sure those few million+ votes aren't going to be real important in an election where previously guaranteed red states are now purple, if not leaning blue. :rolleyes:

1) It isn't a few million votes. It's a few votes.
2) those votes are concentrated in states that will go GOP anyway.
3) Ron Paul might be the least relevant politician ever.

If Mitt loses... What are you going to blame it on?

If Mitt loses... What are you going to blame it on?

More people voting for OBama.
Duh.

Count up all the Paul votes in each state. It's MILLIONS.

He did very well in Colorado and Virginia, where Romney could be in trouble. When you factor in how well his organization got out and controlled the delegate process in many other states besides those, along with how committed to ONLY PAUL most of them are, I find it laughable that you're writing the whole thing off as inconsequential.

The fact is, Romney needs the Paul vote, or at least a lot of it. You not liking Paul or his supporters doesn't change a fucking bit of that.

Suck on that tonight while you're trying to get some sleep :thup:

Count up all the Paul votes in each state. It's MILLIONS.

He did very well in Colorado and Virginia, where Romney could be in trouble. When you factor in how well his organization got out and controlled the delegate process in many other states besides those, along with how committed to ONLY PAUL most of them are, I find it laughable that you're writing the whole thing off as inconsequential.

The fact is, Romney needs the Paul vote, or at least a lot of it. You not liking Paul or his supporters doesn't change a fucking bit of that.

Suck on that tonight while you're trying to get some sleep :thup:

Count up the Santorum votes and it is many more. Paul never pulled over 10%. In the general people who aren't paul-bots understand the importance of this election and will pull the lever for Romney anyway. The hardcore Paul-bots are a fraction of nothing, a lunatic fringe. Romney doesnt care about them. Nor should he.

Paul got more than 10% in many states. Tell me you can afford to lose 10% of the vote. Please. Tell me. I'm about to leave for work and nothing is funny right now.

Paul got more than 10% in many states. Tell me you can afford to lose 10% of the vote. Please. Tell me. I'm about to leave for work and nothing is funny right now.

Maybe some job training and you can leave the drive thru line?

Forum List

Back