Mitch McConnell Realizes IRS Scandal Is Over

are some Democrat voters pathetic and useful tools?..now they are taking sides with government over the people in this country...I never thought I'd see this in my lifetime..

This statement shows the root of much of the partisan politics on display today.
Where did the thinking arise that the 'government' is the natural enemy of the 'people'?

The Framers of the US Constitution, for starters.
They wrote a LIMITING document.
They wanted to limit the power of the federal government.
The Consitution expressly states what the federal government CAN do. Nothing more.

are some Democrat voters pathetic and useful tools?..now they are taking sides with government over the people in this country...I never thought I'd see this in my lifetime..

This statement shows the root of much of the partisan politics on display today.
Where did the thinking arise that the 'government' is the natural enemy of the 'people'?

The Consitution expressly states what the federal government CAN do. Nothing more.

Where does it say that the government and the people are enemies?

In fact, why did it even establish a body as inherently evil as 'government'.
That was a bit of a cock-up wasn't it?

Hey room temperature IQ...Managers at the IRS ADMITTED they deliberately targeted conservative groups.
So...You are most undeniably WRONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG!

Hey Bag-o-derp - And pay attention, this is important - I don't give a shit if Jesus Christ himself walked across the Susquehanna river, up to my house and explained to me that "The IRS apologized."

It don't matter. It's politics. It's trying to quell the fauxrage from imbeciles like yourself a little faster, because it's a little easier than sitting you all down on the rug Indian-style and trying to explain the - frankly fairly simple - concept of what happened here.

This thread, and the almost baffling density of you and your contemporaries - Is evidence of that phenomenon.

I just put up a new thread. The scandal is bigger and better than ever!
This isn't going away at all.

Hey room temperature IQ...Managers at the IRS ADMITTED they deliberately targeted conservative groups.
So...You are most undeniably WRONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG!

Hey Bag-o-derp - And pay attention, this is important - I don't give a shit if Jesus Christ himself walked across the Susquehanna river, up to my house and explained to me that "The IRS apologized."

It don't matter. It's politics. It's trying to quell the fauxrage from imbeciles like yourself a little faster, because it's a little easier than sitting you all down on the rug Indian-style and trying to explain the - frankly fairly simple - concept of what happened here.

This thread, and the almost baffling density of you and your contemporaries - Is evidence of that phenomenon.

Yeah, well you can go ahead start drinking the God Damned Susquehenna River, because the IRS leadership ADMITTED targeting conservative groups and individuals. Period. Done. End of story.
What's baffling is your inability to accept the facts.
Oh, you don't want to get into a battle of insults with me. I will bury you.

In the sense that the Framers wanted to insure that government tyranny would not be likely, they first wrote the Articles of COnfederation...Seeing a potential weakness, James Madison wrote "Vices of the Political System of the U. States."
http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/r?ammem/mjmtext:@field(DOCID+@lit(jm020120))
I posted the facts. Period.
There is no ambiguity there.

Last edited:

In the sense that the Framers wanted to insure that government tyranny would not be likely, they first wrote the Articles of COnfederation...Seeing a potential weakness, James Madison wrote "Vices of the Political System of the U. States."
American Memory from the Library of Congress))
I posted the facts. Period.
There is no ambiguity there.

The link won't open for me.
Does it say that the government and the people are natural enemies?

You forgot to cite the case law in support of this.

While we wait, here’s the case law that says you’re wrong:

McCulloch v. Maryland

It doesn’t.

Indeed, the government and people are one in the same, as the authority of the Constitution comes from the people, not the states, and the people sought to form a National government, representative of all the people.

The Constitution affords Congress powers both enumerated and implied; the Bill of Rights codifies the rights of the people and places limits on government. These rights are not absolute, and Congress may place reasonable restrictions on civil liberties provided they’re rationally based reflecting a compelling governmental interest predicated on supporting documented evidence seeking a legitimate legislative end.

The people may challenge laws and measures in Federal court they perceive as offensive to the Constitution that violate their civil liberties; laws subject to judicial review are presumed to be Constitutional until a court rules otherwise.

It is therefore through this process of judicial review and the interpretive authority of the courts that a balance is realized between the people’s charge that the government addresses all matters necessary and proper and the individual liberties of each person is safeguarded.

It doesn’t.

Indeed, the government and people are one in the same, as the authority of the Constitution comes from the people, not the states, and the people sought to form a National government, representative of all the people.

The Constitution affords Congress powers both enumerated and implied; the Bill of Rights codifies the rights of the people and places limits on government. These rights are not absolute, and Congress may place reasonable restrictions on civil liberties provided they’re rationally based reflecting a compelling governmental interest predicated on supporting documented evidence seeking a legitimate legislative end.

The people may challenge laws and measures in Federal court they perceive as offensive to the Constitution that violate their civil liberties; laws subject to judicial review are presumed to be Constitutional until a court rules otherwise.

It is therefore through this process of judicial review and the interpretive authority of the courts that a balance is realized between the people’s charge that the government addresses all matters necessary and proper and the individual liberties of each person is safeguarded.

Oh...and here I thought that simply declaring something to be unconstitutional on a blog, tv show or message-board made it so.

So, laws are presumed to be constitutional until judged otherwise by the Federal court eh?
Well, that seems to cut the number of unconstitutional actions carried out by this President down from 'all of them' to 'none'.
That's quite a margin of error.

Mitch McConnell Realizes IRS Scandal Is Over

With regard to the WH, he should have realized there was no ‘scandal’ to begin with.

He knew..they all did.

And now they've done about as much damage as they can do and they'll find something new.

Whoops, I take back that last part. Apparently the Grand Inquisitor isn't going to worry about finding something "new" after all:

It's sort of like those old Disneyland commercials where they used to ask newly-crowned champions where they planned to go after their victory. Except this time, the question was to Darrell Issa about where he plans to go now that his IRS scandal has disappeared. And his answer, not surprisingly, was #Benghazi, #Benghazi, #Benghazi. And #Benghazi.

Back to the "ghazi" part of the GOP-manufactured IRSghazi "scandal".

It doesn’t.

Do you think those who run our gov't accurately represent the needs of the broader population (as it should), or do you think the representation is skewed towards a smaller subsection of the population (ie the folks with $ and power)?

If we're talking our current situation here in America, personally I don't believe that our Federal Gov't is one in the same with the people of the broader population. I feel like it's more tightly controlled than that, and that it's essentially under the influence of a small number of individuals who have the power to sway elections and influence politicians.

This - I believe - is the "evil rogue" government that folks sometimes refer to; a gov't that is essentially not under the control of the ALL people (or even the grand majority of people).

Yes - we have the power to vote, but they have the power to choose our candidates (so ultimately the vote is no more than an aesthetic ritual).

Last edited:

Forum List

Back