Mitch McConnell Prepares For Impeachment Trial In The Senate

Will the 3 Senators that sent Ukraine the letter demanding help in corruption investigations against Trump or they would without aid be on trial in the Senate at the same time?

Credible proof?

Same credible proof Trump quid pro quo'ed Ukraine. Trump didn't demand anything in return for anything.

Oh, thanks for bringing out more Trump voters next year. Last time they didn't think he could win so stayed home. Now with the lunatic left and their impeachment nonsense, Trump's turn out we be even bigger.

The chamber could take up articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump as early as next month.

WASHINGTON ― Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell confirmed Wednesday that the U.S. Senate will hold a trial if the House sends it articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump.

The Kentucky Republican gave his members a tutorial on the hypothetical process based on previous trials in the Senate at a weekly caucus lunch. The chamber could take up articles of impeachment against Trump as early as next month, depending on how fast the House advances its inquiry into the president.

“Senators will not be allowed to speak, which will be good therapy for a number of them,” McConnell quipped to reporters after the meeting.

As in the trial of President Bill Clinton, the Supreme Court’s chief justice would preside as judge. The senators, meanwhile, would act as the jurors. The proceedings would carry on six days a week (all except Sunday) until a final vote on conviction. However, McConnell has previously suggested it is within his power to determine the trial’s scope and length.

Senators had many questions about the process on Wednesday, including how long it would last. Clinton’s impeachment trial lasted five weeks ― meaning Trump’s trial could take up the entire legislative work period between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

More: Mitch McConnell Prepares For Impeachment Trial In The Senate

Sounds like McConnell views an impeachment trial as inevitable. Thanksgiving and Christmas could be very interesting politically.
This is shaping up to waste billions of dollars in GDP from distracted non-productivity.
:laugh:

Well, at least it's not about blowjobs.
Perjury and Obstruction of Justice...and witness tampering isn't fellatio.

Will the 3 Senators that sent Ukraine the letter demanding help in corruption investigations against Trump or they would without aid be on trial in the Senate at the same time?

Retardo, isn't comparing a letter sent by senators just a bit lame when comparing what your moron-in-chief calling from the oval office extorting a "favor" in exchange for $400 million did???

Do you know what produces GDP, genius?
I do. Did I misunderstand you? You weren't complaining about lack of productivity from COngress? Okay.

You sure do roll on the floor a lot. Would you like to bite down on this belt?
No.

1. I was not complaining.
2. I was not saying congress would be distracted. I was talking about US. The productive citizens being distracted.

Congress does not produce anything. Congress is a drag on our GDP.

That'll be a neat trick, seeing as Peloski has said there will be no impeachment vote in the HoR.
False. She said there would not be one right now. Pay attention!
There won't be one ever.
Peak trump cultism ^^
^^^
Peak....

View attachment 284812
haha, and the familiar trump cultist fetal position takes over, memes and all.

Oh yes, the vote is coming... then the vote on the articles of impeachment.... squirm away....
Pfffft.....There are a lot of (D) congressweasels who got elected '18, in districts that Trump won, who don't want to get thrown out on their asses.

How about using your head for something other than shoving up Hillary's ass for a change?

It's still too early to know - but Republicans may be underestimating the possibility of Trump being convicted in the Senate. The evidence may be too overwhelming for even Republicans to ignore.

That'll be a neat trick, seeing as Peloski has said there will be no impeachment vote in the HoR.
False. She said there would not be one right now. Pay attention!
There won't be one ever.
Peak trump cultism ^^
^^^
Peak....

View attachment 284812
haha, and the familiar trump cultist fetal position takes over, memes and all.

Oh yes, the vote is coming... then the vote on the articles of impeachment.... squirm away....

Uh-huh.....just like Mueller was going to be the end of President Trump.

Dear Trump cult:

Firing rosenstein is not going to protect your dear leader from the mueller investigation,nor is it going to protect dear leader from the mueller report being made public. It will also not protect dear leader from the evidence obtained by Mueller making its way to congressional committees.

So you might want to find something else to pin your hopes on. That's free advice.

Rosenstein Is Dead Meat

I didn't think that....but, interestingly enough, the democrats may use the evidence of Trump's criminal obstruction in the mueller report in their articles of impeachment.

I didn't think that....but, interestingly enough, the democrats may use the evidence of Trump's criminal obstruction in the mueller report in their articles of impeachment.

Right, you never thought that:

Trump has now been implicated in a federal crime

Yep. Biggest mistake he made. The beginning of the end.

The chamber could take up articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump as early as next month.

WASHINGTON ― Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell confirmed Wednesday that the U.S. Senate will hold a trial if the House sends it articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump.

The Kentucky Republican gave his members a tutorial on the hypothetical process based on previous trials in the Senate at a weekly caucus lunch. The chamber could take up articles of impeachment against Trump as early as next month, depending on how fast the House advances its inquiry into the president.

“Senators will not be allowed to speak, which will be good therapy for a number of them,” McConnell quipped to reporters after the meeting.

As in the trial of President Bill Clinton, the Supreme Court’s chief justice would preside as judge. The senators, meanwhile, would act as the jurors. The proceedings would carry on six days a week (all except Sunday) until a final vote on conviction. However, McConnell has previously suggested it is within his power to determine the trial’s scope and length.

Senators had many questions about the process on Wednesday, including how long it would last. Clinton’s impeachment trial lasted five weeks ― meaning Trump’s trial could take up the entire legislative work period between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

More: Mitch McConnell Prepares For Impeachment Trial In The Senate

Sounds like McConnell views an impeachment trial as inevitable. Thanksgiving and Christmas could be very interesting politically.
So do you think the Senate will vote for impeachment? Schiff does not run the senate

Right, you never thought that:
Correct, because the president wont be indicted. Nor were they going to subpoena his phone records anyway.... Impeachment was always the only way to throw him out, save for rhe 2020 election.

Nice try at deflection, I never claimed he would be “indicted”. You had all your hopes on Mueller and defended his incompetent corrupt ass for two years. You been dreaming of impeachment all this time.

“The beginning of the end”. LOL

Nice try at deflection, I never claimed he would be “indicted”.
I didn't imply that you did. I respnded to your tjought about me thinking the mueller report would be the end of trump. Sloooow down, son.

Yes, you’re trying to deny what I quoted you saying. You spent two years claiming Mueller was “closing in” on President Trump and that Mueller had “evidence” of his crimes. How’d that turn out for you?

Forum List

Back