Mistakes Atheists Make

So the Republicans solution to corporate welfare is what? Then shut the fuck up. I hate it when Republicans point and say look when a democrat acts like a republican. Don't forget you fucking idiot you guys do that shit too.
1) I'm not a Republican.

2) Why not say "acts like a Democrat" because they actually are Democrats.

1. What are you?

2. Because Democrats should be taking $10 donations and be grass roots. No corporation should be able to donate over a certain amount, no super pacs, etc. Unfortunately that's not the real world. Today's Corporate Democrats aren't much better than the GOP. Blue Dog Democrats it's even hard to tell them apart. Don't forget Lieberman the Jew Dog Democrat. LOL. JK.

1) Defining atheism
In the golden age of atheism (late 1800's) atheism was generally held to be "the doctrine or belief that there is no God". Today some atheists prefer to define atheism as merely "lack of belief in God". While I appreciate the intellectual retreat the new definition represents, this new definition is illogical. According to the 2nd definition those who know or think there is a God are atheists, which is absurd.

2) Burden of proof
Atheists often say theists must shoulder the burden of proof since theists claim there is a God. However, atheists are also making a claim: theism is an ill-considered position. So atheists should also bear the burden of proof.

3) Radical skepticism
Some atheists are radical skeptics, but radical skepticism is self-defeating. As Wittgenstein said: “If you tried to doubt everything you would not get as far as doubting anything. The game of doubting itself presupposes certainty.”

4) Hard materialism
Can atheists prove only the material world exists?

5) Atheism and tolerance
According to one estimate over 25 million Christians died from secular antireligious violence in the 20th century.
Psychology Religion and Spirituality - James M. Nelson - Google Books

6) Atheism and happiness
BBC NEWS Health Religion linked to happy life

7) Atheists' recurring intellectual cowardice and laziness
Atheists seem eager to ridicule the least educated while avoiding the most educated Christians.
Atheists The Origin of the Species by Nick Spencer reviewed.

There is so much wrong with this post. Let's start from the beginning:

1.) It is merely your opinion that the new definition of atheism is illogical, it is not a fact, and you have not demonstrated its illogic with that dross of an attempt. It was incoherent.

2.) Those making the positive claim shoulder the burden of proof. You are merely burden-shifting. Atheists don't need to make a counter-claim to reject your claim. If this were the case, then you would hold an infinite number of burdens of proof for rejecting entities that have been proposed, including every single god that you don't believe in. Do you accept this burden? Of course not, so you are special pleading in demanding that atheists accept a burden when you do not hold the same standard for yourself.

3.) This barely requires a response. Barely anybody, atheist or theist, is a radical skeptic, as it is a pragmatically untenable epistemological position. It's is a straw man to say atheists are tied to radical skepticism in any way.

4.) We don't need to be materialists to be atheists, and don't need to prove it to be true in order to be atheist. Again, you are attempting to shift the burden of proof onto atheism.

5.) Correlation/Causation fallacy. The fact that people who have murdered happened to be atheist, doesn't mean it was caused by a LACK OF BELIEF. You need to demonstrate how a lack of belief can be causal in anything. Even if I did accept your preferred definition of atheism, how does a belief in god(s) non-existence lead to violence. You have far to go on this one. Until then, all you have is a correlation, and as along as this is the case, I might as well point out that Hitler had a mustache, and then conclude that anyone with a mustache is evil. Are you willing to make this argument? Didn't think so.

6.) The happiness of atheists has no bearing on the existence of non-existence of god, so this is simply a red-herring to the question of god's existence. If atheists are unhappier, then all it demonstrates is that humans are happier living in delusion, which we know to be the case.

7.) Not worth responding to, as it is just an opinion

1) Defining atheism
In the golden age of atheism (late 1800's) atheism was generally held to be "the doctrine or belief that there is no God". Today some atheists prefer to define atheism as merely "lack of belief in God". While I appreciate the intellectual retreat the new definition represents, this new definition is illogical. According to the 2nd definition those who know or think there is a God are atheists, which is absurd.

2) Burden of proof
Atheists often say theists must shoulder the burden of proof since theists claim there is a God. However, atheists are also making a claim: theism is an ill-considered position. So atheists should also bear the burden of proof.

3) Radical skepticism
Some atheists are radical skeptics, but radical skepticism is self-defeating. As Wittgenstein said: “If you tried to doubt everything you would not get as far as doubting anything. The game of doubting itself presupposes certainty.”

4) Hard materialism

5) Atheism and tolerance
According to one estimate over 25 million Christians died from secular antireligious violence in the 20th century.

6) Atheism and happiness

Atheists seem eager to ridicule the least educated while avoiding the most educated Christians.

1.) It is merely your opinion that the new definition of atheism is illogical, it is not a fact, and you have not demonstrated its illogic with that dross of an attempt. It was incoherent.

2.) Those making the positive claim shoulder the burden of proof. You are merely burden-shifting. Atheists don't need to make a counter-claim to reject your claim. If this were the case, then you would hold an infinite number of burdens of proof for rejecting entities that have been proposed, including every single god that you don't believe in. Do you accept this burden? Of course not, so you are special pleading in demanding that atheists accept a burden when you do not hold the same standard for yourself.

3.) This barely requires a response. Barely anybody, atheist or theist, is a radical skeptic, as it is a pragmatically untenable epistemological position. It's is a straw man to say atheists are tied to radical skepticism in any way.

4.) We don't need to be materialists to be atheists, and don't need to prove it to be true in order to be atheist. Again, you are attempting to shift the burden of proof onto atheism.

5.) Correlation/Causation fallacy. The fact that people who have murdered happened to be atheist, doesn't mean it was caused by a LACK OF BELIEF. You need to demonstrate how a lack of belief can be causal in anything. Even if I did accept your preferred definition of atheism, how does a belief in god(s) non-existence lead to violence. You have far to go on this one. Until then, all you have is a correlation, and as along as this is the case, I might as well point out that Hitler had a mustache, and then conclude that anyone with a mustache is evil. Are you willing to make this argument? Didn't think so.

6.) The happiness of atheists has no bearing on the existence of non-existence of god, so this is simply a red-herring to the question of god's existence. If atheists are unhappier, then all it demonstrates is that humans are happier living in delusion, which we know to be the case.

I keep hearing this definition of lack of belief and it seems to be held very strongly. However, I would point out the scale offered by Richard Dawkins:

1.00: Strong theist. 100 per cent possibility of God. In the words of C.G. Jung, 'I do not believe, I know.' 2.00: Very high probability but short of 100 per cent. De facto theist. 'I cannot know for certain, but I strongly believe in God and live my life on the assumption that he is there.'
3.00: Higher than 50 per cent but not very high. Technically agnostic but leaning towards theism. 'I am very uncertain, but I am inclined to believe in God.'
4.00: Exactly 50 per cent. Completely impartial agnostic. 'God's existence and non-existence are exactly equiprobable.'
5.00: Lower than 50 per cent but not very low. Technically agnostic but leaning towards atheism. 'I don't know whether God exists but I'm inclined to be sceptical.'
6.00: Very low probability, but short of zero. De facto atheist. 'I cannot know for certain but I think God is very improbable, and I live my life on the assumption that he is not there.'
7:00: Strong atheist. 'I know there is no God, with the same conviction as Jung 'knows' there is one.'

You will note the strong Atheist knows there is no God. Given the utter lack of evidence to support this conclusion, it can only be called a belief. Thus, according to Dawkins, the definition that Atheism is a lack of beliefs is simply not true.

1) Defining atheism

2) Burden of proof

3) Radical skepticism

4) Hard materialism

5) Atheism and tolerance

6) Atheism and happiness

I keep hearing this definition of lack of belief and it seems to be held very strongly. However, I would point out the scale offered by Richard Dawkins:

1.00: Strong theist. 100 per cent possibility of God. In the words of C.G. Jung, 'I do not believe, I know.' 2.00: Very high probability but short of 100 per cent. De facto theist. 'I cannot know for certain, but I strongly believe in God and live my life on the assumption that he is there.'
3.00: Higher than 50 per cent but not very high. Technically agnostic but leaning towards theism. 'I am very uncertain, but I am inclined to believe in God.'
4.00: Exactly 50 per cent. Completely impartial agnostic. 'God's existence and non-existence are exactly equiprobable.'
5.00: Lower than 50 per cent but not very low. Technically agnostic but leaning towards atheism. 'I don't know whether God exists but I'm inclined to be sceptical.'
6.00: Very low probability, but short of zero. De facto atheist. 'I cannot know for certain but I think God is very improbable, and I live my life on the assumption that he is not there.'
7:00: Strong atheist. 'I know there is no God, with the same conviction as Jung 'knows' there is one.'

You will note the strong Atheist knows there is no God. Given the utter lack of evidence to support this conclusion, it can only be called a belief. Thus, according to Dawkins, the definition that Atheism is a lack of beliefs is simply not true.
Only according to you is worshipping Dawkins a viable deity for your religion of Atheism.

1) Defining atheism

2) Burden of proof

3) Radical skepticism

4) Hard materialism

5) Atheism and tolerance

6) Atheism and happiness

Only according to you is worshipping Dawkins a viable deity for your religion of Atheism.

Are you saying Dawkins was wrong?

Atheists don't need to make a counter-claim to reject your claim.
So you can't say theists are mistaken? Then you can't really criticize theists.

It was incoherent.
What didn't you understand? People might eschew faith/belief and employ reason and think there is a God. Such people under your definition would be atheists!

then you would hold an infinite number of burdens of proof for rejecting entities that have been proposed, including every single god that you don't believe in.
I am not saying I disbelieve in other gods. Other religions may understand some aspect of the Divine.

Barely anybody, atheist or theist, is a radical skeptic, as it is a pragmatically untenable epistemological position.
Do you doubt the existence of God?

It's is a straw man to say atheists are tied to radical skepticism in any way.
Don't you think many atheists are determined skeptics? Do you admit that skepticism is self-defeating?
We don't need to be materialists to be atheists,
So you believe in non-material entities like ghosts or genies? Please be specific.

Correlation/Causation fallacy. The fact that people who have murdered happened to be atheist, doesn't mean it was caused by a LACK OF BELIEF.
Of course many atheists state there is no God. Not sure why you think their deeply held belief on a matter of importance won't affect their behavior.

You need to demonstrate how a lack of belief can be causal in anything.
Always a good laugh watching atheists squirm away from responsibility. Of course atheism is of central importance to Communism. How else can we explain the horrendous persecution of religious folk by Communists? If atheism wasn't so central, an accommodation would have been reached.

Example of Communist persecution: Persecution of Christians in China

Persecution of Christians in the Soviet Union

League of Militant Atheists

Do you think maybe the League of Militant Atheists was motivated by atheism?

And here are some quotes from Marx, Lenin, and others:

“The first requisite for the happiness of the people is the abolition of religion” (Karl Marx)

“The World has never before known a godlessness as organized, militarized and tenaciously malevolent as that preached by Marxism. Within the philosophical system of Marx and Lenin and at the heart of their psychology, HATRED OF GOD is the principle driving force, more fundamental than all their political and economic pretensions. Militant atheism is not merely incidental or marginal to Communist policy; it is not a side effect, but the central pivot. To achieve its diabolical ends, Communism needs to control a population devoid of religious and national feeling, and this entails a destruction of faith and nationhood. Communists proclaim both of these objectives openly, and just as openly put them into practice.” (Alexander Solzhenitsyn, former communist, Nobel prize winner)

“Atheism is the natural and inseparable part of Communism.” (attributed to Vladimir I. Lenin)

“Our program necessarily includes the propaganda of atheism.” (V.I. Lenin)

The official journal of the Soviet Academy of Pedagogical Sciences published a government directive Atheistic Education in the School as a resource on how to separate God from human society. The opening paragraph is revealing: “The Soviet school, as an instrument for the Communist education of the rising generation, can, as a matter of principle, take up no other attitude towards religion than one of irreconcilable opposition; for Communist education has as its philosophical basis Marxism, and Marxism is irreconcilably hostile to religion.

‘Marxism is materialism,’ says V. I. Lenin; ‘as such, it is as relentlessly hostile to religion as the materialism of the Encyclopedaists of the eighteenth century or the materialism of Feuerbach.’

Even if I did accept your preferred definition of atheism, how does a belief in god(s) non-existence lead to violence.
For atheists humans are just sacks of chemicals, the random product of an indifferent universe. If this is all we are why do we possess dignity or merit rights? This degraded view of mankind is useful to tyrants.

living in delusion,
So you feel theists are living in delusion. Please provide evidence for your statement.

Last edited:
1) Defining atheism

2) Burden of proof

3) Radical skepticism

4) Hard materialism

5) Atheism and tolerance

6) Atheism and happiness

YES

I am not saying I disbelieve in other gods. Other religions may understand some aspect of the Divine.

If course many atheists state there is no God. Not sure why you think their deeply held belief on a matter of importance won't affect their behavior.

“The first requisite for the happiness of the people is the abolition of religion” (Karl Marx)

For atheists humans are just sacks of chemicals, the random product of an indifferent universe. If this is all we are why do we possess dignity or merit rights? This degraded view of mankind is useful to tyrants.

Then you really aren't a christian because then you don't believe what Jesus said about only through him. I use to think god visited us through Jesus and Muslims through Mohammad but that would contradict what their religions say so who am I to argue with them?

Because we have morals?

Atheism has nothing to do with communism. We may lean left but you trying to tie us with communism is ignorant. Should we tie what happened to the Jews with Catholicism? Ayn Rand was an atheist.

I might agree with Marx on that one.

Until we understand something we “do not know”. Positing a ‘god’ in place of admitting personal ignorance is an unfounded leap which demonstrates a fundamental lack of humility.

There is a truth and reality independent of our desires. Faith simply reinforces your belief in what you would like to be true, rather than what really is.

In order to better under understand this reality and discover the truth we must look for evidence outside ourselves.

Faith isn’t a virtue; it is the glorification of voluntary ignorance.

Humans are not just sacks of chemicals. We may not think a seed in the womb is important but a living human is. If someone is starving we say feed the poor. No, in fact we say people should not be starving. What is wrong with religious America that we have poverty and hunger? It doesn't have to be that way. Chances are, based on your stupid commy comment, you are a right wing fucktard who likes unregulated free market capitalism. Your Ayn Rand approach produces a dog eat dog, every man for himself, survival of the fittest society. That's your values? Evil imo. You act like Capitalism is an uncorruptable ism. It's not.

There are many things that believe for which I have no evidence. I believe that Superman is not real. I believe that there are no space alien shape changers living among us. I believe that there is no god daddy sitting in his thrown listening to billions of prayers every day, and answering those that he deems worthy, and acting a lot like Dr. Mengele, standing on the platform and waving people to the right to heaven or to the left, to hell.

Then you really aren't a christian because then you don't believe what Jesus said about only through him.
Only an ignoramus would believe Christians must fail to see anything worthwhile in other religions. It's atheist fanatics who despise all religions.

Atheism has nothing to do with communism.
Wow, do you know anything? Lol Atheism is of central importance to Communism. Communism has been one of the largest atheist sects.

We may lean left
Some of the worst racists and hyper-nationalists have been atheists. Atheism poisons everything.

Was Hitler a Christian - Dinesh D Souza - Page 1

And that nut Christopher Hitchens was a tireless (and tiresome) war-monger.

Faith simply reinforces your belief in what you would like to be true, rather than what really is.
Whiny Internet atheist fanatics hate freedom of thought more than anyone. They meekly submit to the fashion for atheism created by the media bosses.

Humans are not just sacks of chemicals. We may not think a seed in the womb is important but a living human is. If someone is starving we say feed the poor.
Are you high on something? You're just rambling and not making any sense. Lol

Chances are, based on your stupid commy comment, you are a right wing fucktard who likes unregulated free market capitalism.
Only an imbecile fucktard would think only right-wingers criticize Communism.

Last edited:
Then you really aren't a christian because then you don't believe what Jesus said about only through him.
Only an ignoramus would believe Christians must fail to see anything worthwhile in other religions. It's atheist fanatics who despise all religions.

Wow, do you know anything? Lol Atheism is of central importance to Communism. Communism has been one of the largest atheist sects.

Humans are not just sacks of chemicals. We may not think a seed in the womb is important but a living human is. If someone is starving we say feed the poor.

Chances are, based on your stupid commy comment, you are a right wing fucktard who likes unregulated free market capitalism.

Why there is no god

Number 38 says you are wrong about atheism & communism. You don't need to be an atheist to want communism and you don't have to be a commy to believe in atheism. If Hitler wasn't religious, the German's were. They were Nazi's. God didn't tell them not to murder all those jews? What a great religion.

The media is owned and controlled by corporations dumb ass.

We may lean left
Some of the worst racists and hyper-nationalists have been atheists. Atheism poisons everything.

Faith simply reinforces your belief in what you would like to be true, rather than what really is.
Whiny Internet atheist fanatics hate freedom of thought more than anyone. They meekly submit to the fashion for atheism created by the media bosses.

The Marxism–Leninist worldview promotes atheism as a fundamental tenet

Marxism–Leninism is a term invented by Stalin

But when I wiki communism and search for the term atheism, it is no where to be found in the definition of communism.

Anyways, lots of free market capitalists are atheists so I don't even know what your point is. You don't have to be a commy to be an atheist.

We may lean left

Thunderbird says Jesus was a fool.

John 14:6 ESV / 70 helpful votes
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

“When the Lord your God cuts off before you the nations whom you go in to dispossess, and you dispossess them and dwell in their land, take care that you be not ensnared to follow them, after they have been destroyed before you, and that you do not inquire about their gods, saying, ‘How did these nations serve their gods?—that I also may do the same.’ You shall not worship the Lord your God in that way, for every abominable thing that the Lord hates they have done for their gods, for they even burn their sons and their daughters in the fire to their gods.

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

Sincerely,

Jesus the Fool

We may lean left

Don't waste too much effort with these retarded atheists. They will keep repeating the same things over and over because they're really stupid, illogical, and ignorant.

We may lean left

Don't waste too much effort with these retarded atheists. They will keep repeating the same things over and over because they're really stupid, illogical, and ignorant.

We even have a website that has a response to every stupid thing a theist says.

Why there is no god

Sad we have to keep repeating ourselves and a waste because it never sinks in.

We may lean left

I love it we have a split between the Christians. Two different camps.

a. Christians that believe you have to be a Christian/Born Again/Saved to go to heaven and

b. Liberal Cherry Picking Christian Apologists who don't agree with this part of Chistianity. They know this rule in Christianity isn't winning over non members so eventually they'll get rid of this or say we "misinterpreted" what Jesus meant when he said that.

Eventually the Christians in group A will either disappear or become such a small percentage of Christians that they will be considered fringe thinkers.

And so Christianity will change/adapt with the modern society. Either that or it will eventually disappear.

We may lean left

We even have a website that has a response to every stupid thing a theist says.

Why there is no god

Sad we have to keep repeating ourselves and a waste because it never sinks in.

That's because atheists always bring up the same bullshit arguments.

I can easily destroy all atheist arguments.

Last edited:
I love it we have a split between the Christians. Two different camps.

a. Christians that believe you have to be a Christian/Born Again/Saved to go to heaven and

b. Liberal Cherry Picking Christian Apologists who don't agree with this part of Chistianity. They know this rule in Christianity isn't winning over non members so eventually they'll get rid of this or say we "misinterpreted" what Jesus meant when he said that.

Eventually the Christians in group A will either disappear or become such a small percentage of Christians that they will be considered fringe thinkers.

And so Christianity will change/adapt with the modern society. Either that or it will eventually disappear.

Hi sealybobo: Why is a and b set up as either/or?

Why can't you be "spiritually born again in Christ" AND ALSO stay a Muslim, Buddhist, Atheists, feminist, secular humanist or whatever and not join the Christian church and speak that language!

When I adopt Constitutionalism as my beliefs, that allows for the free and equal exercise of all other ways underneath it.

I see Christianity the same way, as a huge central umbrella, where people can practice any other local laws
and these are fulfilled in the same Universal spirit of Truth and Justice which God and Jesus represent.

Note: this does NOT mean taking and practicing religions in conflict with Christianity.
Any more than we are allowed to take state laws and break federal laws with them, no!

But there is nothing wrong with having some people under Alaskan law, some under Texas law,
etc. and still all under the Constitution. You don't even have to be a Constitutionalist to live under those principles.
They are based on natural laws that are universal for everyone as a human being.
Everyone exercises free speech, right to petition, free exercise of religion or free will, etc.

Same with the principles and process in Christianity.
You don't have to be a practicing Scientist to follow the laws of gravity that are natural.
You don't have to be a formal Christian to follow the laws of Restorative Justice that govern all humanity.

I have Muslim, Atheist and Jewish friends who follow Christ and live by that same spirit of Restorative Justice.
Even secular gentiles under natural laws are under the same authority of law, based on Truth and Justice for all people.
We just have different language for laws, just like Alaska and Texas don't have identical laws but are under
different local authorities.

This does not negate all the people of all the states living under one law of the land at the same time.

Forum List

Back