Missouri Republican House Speaker resigns

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
another politician from "the party of family values" resigns over- you guessed it :up: Doing the opposite of family values

Missouri GOP House Speaker Resigns Amid Intern Sexting Scandal
Missouri state House Speaker John Diehl (R) resigned from the legislature Thursday, just one day after The Kansas City Star published a report alleging that he had a sexually charged relationship with a college-aged intern.

"For the good of my party, the caucus, and this state, I'm not going to further jeopardize what we have accomplished this year and what can be accomplished in the future," Diehl said in a statement, as quoted by the newspaper. "Therefore, I will be resigning the position of Speaker of the House and the office of State Representative in a way that allows for an orderly transition."

another politician from "the party of family values" resigns over- you guessed it :up: Doing the opposite of family values

Missouri state House Speaker John Diehl (R) resigned from the legislature Thursday, just one day after The Kansas City Star published a report alleging that he had a sexually charged relationship with a college-aged intern.

"For the good of my party, the caucus, and this state, I'm not going to further jeopardize what we have accomplished this year and what can be accomplished in the future," Diehl said in a statement, as quoted by the newspaper. "Therefore, I will be resigning the position of Speaker of the House and the office of State Representative in a way that allows for an orderly transition."
he resigned and wont' be reelected

if he was a dem, you'd be cheering for him to cheat on his wife some more

As a follow-up to this thread:

Missouri Speaker of the House R caught in sex scandal with an intern US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Where I wrote:

When Mr. Diehl resigns, I will make a thread, just as I did when David Vitter (R-Diapers-LA) resigned after fucking a high-class DC madam.

Oh, wait. He didn't.

And so, here we go:

pmz8gvdkphkrqwbrpczr.jpg

Doesn't his wife look delighted?

Missouri House Speaker John Diehl resigning over texts with intern Todd Richardson picked to replace him The Kansas City Star The Kansas City Star

House Speaker John Diehl, arguably the most powerful lawmaker in Missouri, announced Thursday he will resign from office. His announcement came just a day after The Star revealed he’d exchanged sexually suggestive texts with a 19-year-old legislative intern.

Diehl, who will also step down from his legislative seat from St. Louis County, is expected to make the decision official Friday morning.

“I have acknowledged making a serious error in judgment by sending the text messages. It was wrong and I am truly sorry,” Diehl said in a written statement Thursday afternoon. “Too often, we hear leaders say they’re sorry but are unwilling to accept the consequences. … I am willing to face the consequences.”

Hours after Diehl announced he would resign, Republicans gathered to pick Todd Richardson of Poplar Bluff as the next House speaker. Richardson is the majority floor leader. His rise to speaker still requires a House vote, likely Friday.

Well, goodbye, Mr. Diehl.

FYI.

Surely a Bill Clinton tirade is in the making somewhere out there in USMB....

:D

No, that was the Cons who gave David Vitter [R] a standing ovation in the Senate when he returned following disclosure of his romps with whores.

As a follow-up to this thread:

Missouri Speaker of the House R caught in sex scandal with an intern US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Where I wrote:

When Mr. Diehl resigns, I will make a thread, just as I did when David Vitter (R-Diapers-LA) resigned after fucking a high-class DC madam.

Oh, wait. He didn't.

And so, here we go:

pmz8gvdkphkrqwbrpczr.jpg

Doesn't his wife look delighted?

Missouri House Speaker John Diehl resigning over texts with intern Todd Richardson picked to replace him The Kansas City Star The Kansas City Star

House Speaker John Diehl, arguably the most powerful lawmaker in Missouri, announced Thursday he will resign from office. His announcement came just a day after The Star revealed he’d exchanged sexually suggestive texts with a 19-year-old legislative intern.

Diehl, who will also step down from his legislative seat from St. Louis County, is expected to make the decision official Friday morning.

“I have acknowledged making a serious error in judgment by sending the text messages. It was wrong and I am truly sorry,” Diehl said in a written statement Thursday afternoon. “Too often, we hear leaders say they’re sorry but are unwilling to accept the consequences. … I am willing to face the consequences.”

Hours after Diehl announced he would resign, Republicans gathered to pick Todd Richardson of Poplar Bluff as the next House speaker. Richardson is the majority floor leader. His rise to speaker still requires a House vote, likely Friday.

Well, goodbye, Mr. Diehl.

FYI.

Surely a Bill Clinton tirade is in the making somewhere out there in USMB....

:D
He's such a looker, too. That young girl loved him for his money.

Uhm, nope.

Now, if his wife would just divorce him then the right message would be sent.

Was consistent with, French family values. :)

Forum List

Back