Missouri pushing a bill to make businesses that ban guns liable for injuries to disarmed customers

Business' should not be liable for what other people do - they have a right to decide if they want to allow guns or not.

Business' should not be liable for what other people do - they have a right to decide if they want to allow guns or not.

Tell that to the bakers, pizza makers, wedding photographers who didn't want to cater or serve gay weddings...then get back to us....

And the 2nd Amendment is an actual Right....

Tell that to the bakers, pizza makers, wedding photographers who didn't want to cater or serve gay weddings...then get back to us....

And the 2nd Amendment is an actual Right....

A couple of things.

I'm not sure it's all in the same ballpark. Do people have the right to discrimminate aginst groups because of inate characteristics? I'm old enough to remember something of how it was for African Americans. I've read enough biographies to understand what it must have been like to travel and - plan for the fact that NO HOTEL might admit you when you and your family traveled. That's not right is it?

That's not the same as the right to bear arms. Guns aren't, or shouldn't be - an identity. They aren't an inate characteristic. They are a tool. And as such, you can't sue the tool manufacturer for how the buyer used that tool. As such - tools also don't have the same rights as PEOPLE. We should be able to respect the rights of people who DON'T want guns on their property in the same we we respect the rights of people who DO want guns on their property shouldn't we? Why is that so hard to understand?

Forum List

Back