Missouri Auditor (R) commits suicide: RW anti-semitism in play

The man was obviously fighting demons well beyond this story.
A mentally healthy person doesn't kill themselves over something this minor.

excellent Digital-----at this point we have no idea why he killed himself---
not unusual in cases of suicide. -----In fact, kinda usual. "but I just saw him--
he seemed fine..." etc etc. But that's ok I kinda like penelooopi's
conspiracy theories-----reminds me of the LOCHNESS MONSTER
stories

OMG! You need to get up to speed. Loch Ness? Coast to Coast irosie! Well if you can handle ABBA on "somewhere in time".

:)

All fun aside and I certainly don't mean to make light of this man's situation nor his family's pain that they would be going thru right now, but for a newspaper to run with this accusatory story is reprehensible.

Sadly this is the low so called journalism has hit these days.

yes----as a kid-----I was forced to accompany my mom to the grocery stores----
she shopped lots------I was bored out of my mind----but I FOUND AN
ANSWER----at that time a rack of magazines was located at each check out
counter--------really hot shot readiing material like NATIONAL ENQUIRER.
Lousy journalism is nothing new------and regarding suicides and murders ---etc etc--
never correct. What is really amazing is the stuff that never makes it
to the papers-----the REALLY juicy stuff

There was one Republican Jew in congress, Eric Cantor and the GOP got rid of him and replaced him with "David Dukes without the baggage". Republicans hate so many minorities, it's difficult to keep up.
Uh no they didn't. The guy that replaced Cantor is a libertardian.Dave Brat if I remember his name correctly.

The man was obviously fighting demons well beyond this story.
A mentally healthy person doesn't kill themselves over something this minor.

excellent Digital-----at this point we have no idea why he killed himself---
not unusual in cases of suicide. -----In fact, kinda usual. "but I just saw him--
he seemed fine..." etc etc. But that's ok I kinda like penelooopi's
conspiracy theories-----reminds me of the LOCHNESS MONSTER
stories

OMG! You need to get up to speed. Loch Ness? Coast to Coast irosie! Well if you can handle ABBA on "somewhere in time".

:)

All fun aside and I certainly don't mean to make light of this man's situation nor his family's pain that they would be going thru right now, but for a newspaper to run with this accusatory story is reprehensible.

Sadly this is the low so called journalism has hit these days.

yes----as a kid-----I was forced to accompany my mom to the grocery stores----
she shopped lots------I was bored out of my mind----but I FOUND AN
ANSWER----at that time a rack of magazines was located at each check out
counter--------really hot shot readiing material like NATIONAL ENQUIRER.
Lousy journalism is nothing new------and regarding suicides and murders ---etc etc--
never correct. What is really amazing is the stuff that never makes it
to the papers-----the REALLY juicy stuff

Our Mom's never knew what we were seeing. I don't know about you but it was the "kid with three heads born today" that got me. I didn't care about Marilyn Monroe...ok I did :lol: Later when I was taller.

That kid got me. Hence an Art Bell fan.

are you suggesting that she shot him?

Not at all!

We all know people with mental instability aren't allowed to own guns (though somehow the laws don't seem to be much enforced).

But Republicans in a position to audit Democrat politicians seem to die mysteriously more frequently than most.

we all know what? depressed people are not permitted to own guns?---
the only people STOPPED from owning guns for psychiatric issues are those
with a history of COMMITMENT to psychiatry ----rare, indeed Most people
who commit suicide have no history of "mental instability" Beyond that---
a suicidal person-----tends to DO IT---regardless. They find a way

I am going to presume the above is the product of a reading comprehension deficiency rather than political intentional misreading.

The mental deficiency of which I wrote is concerned with people who have fallen on their heads and had to be confined in a sometimes futile attempt to regain memory and, even a semblance of sanity.

No reflection on the victim; rather on the motivation for some person to have done the shooting. For example, I could not envision anyone with Mrs. Clinton's recent history to be allowed anywhere near a gun so she is surely in no way guilty. But was the remarkable series of mysterious deaths of those who in any way posed perceived threats against her perhaps inspiration for someone concerned about a pending audit?

I am going to presume the above is the product of a reading comprehension deficiency rather than political intentional misreading.

The mental deficiency of which I wrote is concerned with people who have fallen on their heads and had to be confined in a sometimes futile attempt to regain memory and, even a semblance of sanity.

No reflection on the victim; rather on the motivation for some person to have done the shooting. For example, I could not envision anyone with Mrs. Clinton's recent history to be allowed anywhere near a gun so she is surely in no way guilty. But was the remarkable series of mysterious deaths of those who in any way posed perceived threats against her perhaps inspiration for someone concerned about a pending audit?

????????
WTF?

What an absurd, and obscene, wing-nut OP.

Tell me, how many Republicans will be boycotting Prime Minister Netanyahu's address to Congress tomorrow? How many young Republicans have participated in pro-Hamas rallies on American college campuses? How many young Republicans, or old ones, took part in the protests against Israel's perfectly sane, measured response to the flotillas from Turkey that were caught trying to smuggle weapons to Palestinian terrorist groups?

Harry Truman would spin in his grave to see Congressional Democrats boycotting an address to Congress by the prime minister of Israel. He would also spin in his grave to see a Democratic administration entering into dangerous, idiotic nuclear agreements with Iran and then whining that Israel could "derail" the "peace process" with Iran.

I swear Iran's leaders must laugh themselves to tears over Obama's foolishness and naivete. The Democratic Party has become substantially radicalized since Obama got elected.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family. Sad that a person should get to this point in their life that the resort to taking their life.

The OP, whoever you are. Very classless and disgusting.

Anyone else that is politicizing a tragic loss of life...you are disgusting also. No respect to the family, no respect for the person.

Sad that politics has come to this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UPDATE:

the OP was absolutely correct, and the reasons for Mr. Schweich's suicide were EXACTLY as speculated.

A REPUBLICAN aide has come forth: she was on the telephone with him just seconds before he shot himself:

Danforth Aide Says Missouri Auditor Shot Himself After Call - ABC News

Danforth assistant Martha Fitz said in a written statement that Schweich threatened to kill himself during their conversation and then handed the phone to his wife, Kathy.

"Seconds later, I heard Kathy say, 'He shot himself!'" Fitz said in the written statement.

Fitz's statement and another released Thursday by Schweich's chief of staff, Trish Vincent, provide additional details about the timeline of Schweich's death and bolster the narrative that Schweich was deeply upset about remarks he considered anti-Semitic. Schweich had Jewish ancestry but was Christian and attended an Episcopal church just down the street from his home in the St. Louis suburb of Clayton.

Fitz said she shared her account with Clayton police, who are investigating Schweich's Feb. 26 death as an apparent suicide.

Danforth was a political mentor and longtime friend to Schweich, who had declared his candidacy for the Republican nomination for governor just a month before his death. Danforth, an ordained Episcopal minister, delivered the eulogy during Schweich's memorial service Tuesday and used the occasion to suggest his friend had been led to suicide by political bullying and an anti-Semitic whispering campaign.

"Words do hurt. Words can kill," Danforth said at Schweich's funeral. "That has been proven right here in our home state."

On Feb. 23, Schweich told an Associated Press reporter that he believed the new chairman of the Missouri Republican Party — John Hancock — had mentioned to people in an off-handed way last year that Schweich was Jewish. Schweich said he considered the comments anti-Semitic and was so upset about them that he had knots in his stomach. He said he wanted to hold a press conference about it the next day.

Rampant anti-semitism among REPUBLICANS in Missouri.

This is not anti-semitism from the Left. It is from the Right.

The OP has been vindicated.

UPDATE:

the OP was absolutely correct, and the reasons for Mr. Schweich's suicide were EXACTLY as speculated.

A REPUBLICAN aide has come forth: she was on the telephone with him just seconds before he shot himself:

Danforth assistant Martha Fitz said in a written statement that Schweich threatened to kill himself during their conversation and then handed the phone to his wife, Kathy.

"Seconds later, I heard Kathy say, 'He shot himself!'" Fitz said in the written statement.

Fitz's statement and another released Thursday by Schweich's chief of staff, Trish Vincent, provide additional details about the timeline of Schweich's death and bolster the narrative that Schweich was deeply upset about remarks he considered anti-Semitic. Schweich had Jewish ancestry but was Christian and attended an Episcopal church just down the street from his home in the St. Louis suburb of Clayton.

Fitz said she shared her account with Clayton police, who are investigating Schweich's Feb. 26 death as an apparent suicide.

Danforth was a political mentor and longtime friend to Schweich, who had declared his candidacy for the Republican nomination for governor just a month before his death. Danforth, an ordained Episcopal minister, delivered the eulogy during Schweich's memorial service Tuesday and used the occasion to suggest his friend had been led to suicide by political bullying and an anti-Semitic whispering campaign.

"Words do hurt. Words can kill," Danforth said at Schweich's funeral. "That has been proven right here in our home state."

On Feb. 23, Schweich told an Associated Press reporter that he believed the new chairman of the Missouri Republican Party — John Hancock — had mentioned to people in an off-handed way last year that Schweich was Jewish. Schweich said he considered the comments anti-Semitic and was so upset about them that he had knots in his stomach. He said he wanted to hold a press conference about it the next day.

The man had mental issues, you can say that anti-Semitism was part of the issue, however there is more going on inside his head than that. Suicide is not a normal response to racism.

UPDATE:

The man had mental issues, you can say that anti-Semitism was part of the issue, however there is more going on inside his head than that. Suicide is not a normal response to racism.
The idiot OP sees all these leftist against Israel and the Jews and he comes up with this lame example of "antisemitism" Funny thing is,all he has to do is look around this board, and at his clown buddies here who hate Israel, and slam the Jews almost daily. This idiot OP likes this story, because he can use it to make himself feel better for being a part of the anti-Israel cabal here.

Tell me, how many Republicans will be boycotting Prime Minister Netanyahu's address to Congress tomorrow? How many young Republicans have participated in pro-Hamas rallies on American college campuses? How many young Republicans, or old ones, took part in the protests against Israel's perfectly sane, measured response to the flotillas from Turkey that were caught trying to smuggle weapons to Palestinian terrorist groups?

Harry Truman would spin in his grave to see Congressional Democrats boycotting an address to Congress by the prime minister of Israel. He would also spin in his grave to see a Democratic administration entering into dangerous, idiotic nuclear agreements with Iran and then whining that Israel could "derail" the "peace process" with Iran.

I swear Iran's leaders must laugh themselves to tears over Obama's foolishness and naivete. The Democratic Party has become substantially radicalized since Obama got elected.

The party of the white goy is 100% christian goyim in congress and in the senate on the republican side

trdzxx92zqkh6bpgmsuw.jpg

Photo source.

Tom Schweich (R-MO, Auditor) was a declared candidate for the next gubernatorial race.

Messenger From voicemail to voicemail The short political life and times of Tom Schweich News

Jaw Dropping

Here is the crux of the text:

I have no idea why Schweich killed himself. But for the past several days he had been confiding in me that he planned to accuse the chairman of the Missouri Republican Party, John Hancock, with leading a “whisper campaign” among donors that he, Schweich, was Jewish.

He wasn’t, which is to say that he attended an Episcopal church, but that doesn’t mean he wasn’t proud of his Jewish heritage, passed down from his grandfather.

Missouri is the state that gave us Frazier Glenn Miller, the raging racist who last year killed three people at a Jewish community center in Kansas City. It’s the state in which on the day before Schweich died, the Anti-Defamation League reported on a rise of white supremacist prison gangs in the state.

Division over race and creed is real in Missouri Republican politics, particularly in some rural areas. Schweich knew it. It’s why all week long his anger burned.

Apparently, St Louis Post-Dispatch's Tony Messenger, who made that claim, is telling the truth.

Here is audio:

Audio Voicemail Tom Schweich left on Tony Messenger s phone News

It's shame that this man took his own life. It's even more of a shame that even to hit at Judaism in his family is apparently enough to tarnish a Republican in the state of Missouri.

Again, this is a story of a Republican who killed himself and who confided to the STL reporter that a smear campaign was being launched against him by another Republican, claiming that he was Jewish.

But of course, there is no Right-Wing anti-semitism, right? WRONG.

I am sure that considerably more is going to come out in this story. This is just the start.

RW antisemitism? From the party that supports the destruction of Israel? You have no shame.

The party of the white goy is 100% christian goyim in congress and in the senate on the republican side
Why do fake Jews use the word"Goyim" every other sentence because it makes Jews look bad?. Only white supremacist use the word like that

trdzxx92zqkh6bpgmsuw.jpg

Photo source.

Tom Schweich (R-MO, Auditor) was a declared candidate for the next gubernatorial race.

Messenger From voicemail to voicemail The short political life and times of Tom Schweich News

Jaw Dropping

I have no idea why Schweich killed himself. But for the past several days he had been confiding in me that he planned to accuse the chairman of the Missouri Republican Party, John Hancock, with leading a “whisper campaign” among donors that he, Schweich, was Jewish.

He wasn’t, which is to say that he attended an Episcopal church, but that doesn’t mean he wasn’t proud of his Jewish heritage, passed down from his grandfather.

Missouri is the state that gave us Frazier Glenn Miller, the raging racist who last year killed three people at a Jewish community center in Kansas City. It’s the state in which on the day before Schweich died, the Anti-Defamation League reported on a rise of white supremacist prison gangs in the state.

Division over race and creed is real in Missouri Republican politics, particularly in some rural areas. Schweich knew it. It’s why all week long his anger burned.

Apparently, St Louis Post-Dispatch's Tony Messenger, who made that claim, is telling the truth.

Here is audio:

It's shame that this man took his own life. It's even more of a shame that even to hit at Judaism in his family is apparently enough to tarnish a Republican in the state of Missouri.

Again, this is a story of a Republican who killed himself and who confided to the STL reporter that a smear campaign was being launched against him by another Republican, claiming that he was Jewish.

I am sure that considerably more is going to come out in this story. This is just the start.

Takes profound mental illness to go through with suicide. Our brains have evolved to prevent our from doing it. Like the Terminator's "I can't self-terminate." Neither can we normally. So while this is a tragic event, it does bring to light problems this guy had which if they'd be public knowledge would have likely kept him out of office anyway.

trdzxx92zqkh6bpgmsuw.jpg

Photo source.

Jaw Dropping

Here is audio:

Takes profound mental illness to go through with suicide. Our brains have evolved to prevent our from doing it. Like the Terminator's "I can't self-terminate." Neither can we normally. So while this is a tragic event, it does bring to light problems this guy had which if they'd be public knowledge would have likely kept him out of office anyway.

I never wrote that the RW Anti-Semitism was the only cause of his death.

And quite frankly, if people talking shit about you has you contemplating suicide you have no business in politics anyway.

Speculating someone's Jewish isn't anti-semitism unless followed by "Jews are bad." or the like. If he wasn't Jewish, he should have shrugged it off. Proved how he isn't etc. If he was, and killed himself cause somehow that's a negative to him, good riddance.

Forum List

Back