Mississippi School does the right thing: Bans prom due to Lesbian couple attending.

Should Homosexual Sex be Included in 5th Grade Sex Ed?

• 4.) This is too Deep for me, it's Confusing me, & I Need to Call someone a Name over it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yea, it's a choice. So I woke up this morning and said to myself, "Self, today, I think I will "choose" to fall in love with another guy". NOT!

When you have Gawd on your side, the obvious is never obvious.

So, you're saying they're similar in not having a choice? As I said, last time I looked being black did not go against perceived societal morals, so it's not the same at all. And God has nothing to do with it, other than He made every one of us with our differences. It's up to each individual to live their lives as they choose. It's why you have free will, and as I believe, only you will have to answer for your actions, not anyone else.

You see, that's where we're different. I have no mystical or supernatural beliefs. I don't believe in "ghosts", neither friendly or otherwise. Nothing occult. To me, it's all about as real as "Marvel Comics". But if other people want to believe that stuff, more power to them. Just don't attempt to cram that silliness down MY throat.

You're welcome to your beliefs or non beliefs, but others have different views, and it's not up to you to be judgmental about them, or you are no better than you're saying they are for being judgmental of gays. It's called hypocrisy. I was simply stating my POV as a Christian that I don't think it accomplishes anything to deny the kids their prom because of two girls who want to go together as a couple. I would have not taken that action, and I think the Christian community needs to be more vocal whenever this type of thing happens. I don't think we should be judging other people's behavior, unless of course they're hurting or violating the rights of others. Every person will have to answer for their behavior, at least that's what I believe, so what good does it do for me to judge them, I have my own behavior to worry about. It doesn't matter how immoral society becomes, it does not give you an excuse for your own behavior in the end.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
So, you're saying they're similar in not having a choice? As I said, last time I looked being black did not go against perceived societal morals, so it's not the same at all. And God has nothing to do with it, other than He made every one of us with our differences. It's up to each individual to live their lives as they choose. It's why you have free will, and as I believe, only you will have to answer for your actions, not anyone else.

You see, that's where we're different. I have no mystical or supernatural beliefs. I don't believe in "ghosts", neither friendly or otherwise. Nothing occult. To me, it's all about as real as "Marvel Comics". But if other people want to believe that stuff, more power to them. Just don't attempt to cram that silliness down MY throat.

You're welcome to your beliefs or non beliefs, but others have different views, and it's not up to you to be judgmental about them, or you are no better than you're saying they are for being judgmental of gays. It's called hypocrisy. I was simply stating my POV as a Christian that I don't think it accomplishes anything to deny the kids their prom because of two girls who want to go together as a couple. I would have not taken that action, and I think the Christian community needs to be more vocal whenever this type of thing happens. I don't think we should be judging other people's behavior, unless of course they're hurting or violating the rights of others. Every person will have to answer for their behavior, at least that's what I believe, so what good does it do for me to judge them, I have my own behavior to worry about. It doesn't matter how immoral society becomes, it does not give you an excuse for your own behavior in the end.

Geez ... you probably just messed his brain up with logic ......:lol:

Miss. school prom off after lesbian's date request - Yahoo! News

The School District solved the problem they had with the attendance of the gay students. Leaving the ACLU with nothing to do.

Ohh and by the way? High School students do NOT have all the rights of adults. This has been legislated and approved by the Supreme Court on more then one occasion.

As to the specific claim the gay students have no Constitutional right to violate school board rules and regulations. I would agree with the school board. Their constituents do NOT want gays at sponsored events like this. The Board is elected. By canceling official participation they leave the ACLU with no where to go. And they meet the demands of their electorate.

It's a public school. This directly violates the Constitution. But since you love hating the Constitution you love the decision.

What other "assertions"? What are you talking about?

Graduation rates not the same as "drop out" rates? Of course not, if you "graduated, then you didn't "drop out". Duh!

Idiot... you can not pass in 4 years and still not be a dropout.. yet not be in the official graduation rate numbers...

As for your assertions
It's embarrassing that lesbians are among the smartest students. Especially for those "Christians" who are both "moral" and "uneducated".
Please post the cold hard facts behind lesbians being among the smartest students and that christians are statistically 'moral and uneducated'

Or just admit, like with everything else... you simply were pulling shit out of your ass in a feeble attempt to give your stance some apparent credibility

Idiot... you can not pass in 4 years and still not be a dropout.. yet not be in the official graduation rate numbers...

I guess I am slow. What does that mean exactly?

I also wonder why they stated that the school board's statement didn't mention McMillen or the ACLU. Why not also print that the board's statement didn't mention President Obama, or Elvis?

Uhh, because Elvis wasn't Constance's lawyer? Duh? Are you stupid or something?

One of the reasons people may want to live in MS is the strength in traditional values that oppose open displays of Homosexuality.

That's fine if bigots want to live in Mississippi but the Constitution still applies there.

The greatest strength of American School Systems is that they adhere to LOCAL customs, not the fucking customs of the Seattle Times.

In the past, the south has had a lot of "local customs" in its schools that turned out to require a court order and federal marshalls to fix.

I interpretted your post as saying that if gays were allowed to attend a prom there then the residents would find someplace else to live. That's where the confusion came from, I think.

Yes, I said that also. I don't mean to imply that everyone in the county would immediately abandon their homes, but, given the chance to live inside the district or outside the district (which is a major consideration for home buyers and renters with kids) they may decide to live outside the district boundries.

This is the whole point of having localised control of school districts vs state or federal administration: Parents have a HUGE amount of power and input over school administration in the USA.

:cool:

I see your point but cannot support that kind of discrimation in the public domain.

I'm not supporting discrimination as much as I am Local Rights of Parents.

If the girl wanted to wear an Octopuss to the Prom as her "date," then you'd find every reason to support THAT kind of discrimination in the public domain.

The only reason you cannot support this kind of discrimination is because it doesn't feel comfortable to you. Ironically, the comfort level of the Parents of Ibawaba Co means less than the comfort level of the Seattle Times. The paper's readers, of course, will unlikely ever set foot in MS, let alone Ibawaba Co, much less ever send their kids to school there.

Obviously the Seattle Times thought the story would interest their readers, particularly if they pointed out that the district's statement omitted any address to the ACLU. Why? No Civil liberties were denied since the Prom was cancelled for EVERYONE.

The answer is plain: The readers of the Seattle Times are being encouraged to mobilize a national effort to DISCRIMINATE against the parents of Ibawaba Co, and any other local government, no matter how picayune, that might dare to refuse to embrase PC morality.

As for your assertions
It's embarrassing that lesbians are among the smartest students. Especially for those "Christians" who are both "moral" and "uneducated".
Please post the cold hard facts behind lesbians being among the smartest students and that christians are statistically 'moral and uneducated'

Or just admit, like with everything else... you simply were pulling shit out of your ass in a feeble attempt to give your stance some apparent credibility

You can pass in 5 years... and not be a positive statistic in the graduation rate.. and that does not up the dropout rate

And still waiting for you to post the cold hard facts backing up your assertions... or for you to simply admit you were pulling shit out of your ass

And perhaps, the Muslim community should be more vocal when they allow girls to expose their arms and legs at school...or even go to school.

Or maybe, religious groups should not be dictating what public schools do....just a thought.

I'm a 'conservative christian', and I think it was a stupid move. Why take the fun away from all of the students? What does that accomplish really? Kids today have the gay lifestyle crammed down their throats via the media and television every day anyway, they know what it is and what it's all about. There isn't a television show on today that doesn't have gay characters on it. There's no point in denying them, nor any point in denying the two girls from attending together. I feel bad for the kids, you only get one prom.

The flinstones are on. Who is the gay character?

I think I made my point. Why don't we go into typical evening shows on mainstream television. What do you think? At least 50% or more have gay characters. Every reality show has a 'diverse' cast, etc.. You're denying this? If so, you don't get out much.

I'll give you another opportunity to change your claim again. This time I suggest you support it with facts instead guesswork.

Yes, I said that also. I don't mean to imply that everyone in the county would immediately abandon their homes, but, given the chance to live inside the district or outside the district (which is a major consideration for home buyers and renters with kids) they may decide to live outside the district boundries.

This is the whole point of having localised control of school districts vs state or federal administration: Parents have a HUGE amount of power and input over school administration in the USA.

I see your point but cannot support that kind of discrimation in the public domain.

If the girl wanted to wear an Octopuss to the Prom as her "date," then you'd find every reason to support THAT kind of discrimination in the public domain.

The only reason you cannot support this kind of discrimination is because it doesn't feel comfortable to you. Ironically, the comfort level of the Parents of Ibawaba Co means less than the comfort level of the Seattle Times. The paper's readers, of course, will unlikely ever set foot in MS, let alone Ibawaba Co, much less ever send their kids to school there.

Obviously the Seattle Times thought the story would interest their readers, particularly if they pointed out that the district's statement omitted any address to the ACLU. Why? No Civil liberties were denied since the Prom was cancelled for EVERYONE.

The answer is plain: The readers of the Seattle Times are being encouraged to mobilize a national effort to DISCRIMINATE against the parents of Ibawaba Co, and any other local government, no matter how picayune, that might dare to refuse to embrase PC morality.

Great point! I bet tomorrow morning those Seattle readers won't serve one cup of coffee to those parents in Mississippi.

And perhaps, the Muslim community should be more vocal when they allow girls to expose their arms and legs at school...or even go to school.

Or maybe, religious groups should not be dictating what public schools do....just a thought.

I don't think 'religious groups' are dictating what public schools do, the 'pubic' is made up of Christians, Muslims, etc... I think people dictate what the schools should do or not do, and most people happen to be religious to some extent. Just how it goes.

I think I made my point. Why don't we go into typical evening shows on mainstream television. What do you think? At least 50% or more have gay characters. Every reality show has a 'diverse' cast, etc.. You're denything this? If so, you don't get out much.

So, if a show has a black character on it, does that mean their "race" is being "shoved down your throat?"

How about a Hispanic?
Or a Jew?
Or a Muslim?
Or someone with Downs Syndrome?

It's you that's equating being of a different ethnicity to being gay, not me. I really don't see the similarity. Is being black, hispanic, jewish, etc... going against perceived societal morals?

At one time in mississippi, YES.

Great point! I bet tomorrow morning those Seattle readers won't serve one cup of coffee to those parents in Mississippi.

Yeah, if I'm from MS visiting Seattle, I'm drinking my coffee Black:

NO CREAM, TY!

The flinstones are on. Who is the gay character?

I think I made my point. Why don't we go into typical evening shows on mainstream television. What do you think? At least 50% or more have gay characters. Every reality show has a 'diverse' cast, etc.. You're denying this? If so, you don't get out much.

I'll give you another opportunity to change your claim again. This time I suggest you support it with facts instead guesswork.

Gee, guess it must only be the shows that I watch then. And the statistics only count 'main' characters, not characters that don't appear regularly. To deny that they don't get broad exposure on mainstream television is ridiculous.

As for your assertions

You can pass in 5 years... and not be a positive statistic in the graduation rate.. and that does not up the dropout rate

And still waiting for you to post the cold hard facts backing up your assertions... or for you to simply admit you were pulling shit out of your ass
I wish to congratulate you on finding something you can beat like a dead horse. Beats debating. :eusa_whistle:

I don't think 'religious groups' are dictating what public schools do, the 'pubic' is made up of Christians, Muslims, etc... I think people dictate what the schools should do or not do, and most people happen to be religious to some extent. Just how it goes.

Because historically Christianity in the South has never been used as a catalyst to try and justify slavery, misogyny, homophobic policies, and a general disregard for basic Constitutional principles.

The Board knows what they did is wrong which is why they could not be honest in announcing the cancellation. Cowardice and Bigotry have always been best friends.

So, if a show has a black character on it, does that mean their "race" is being "shoved down your throat?"

How about a Hispanic?
Or a Jew?
Or a Muslim?
Or someone with Downs Syndrome?

It's you that's equating being of a different ethnicity to being gay, not me. I really don't see the similarity. Is being black, hispanic, jewish, etc... going against perceived societal morals?

At one time in mississippi, YES.

So, you're asserting that it was immoral to be black?

And yet, the ONLY reason for the discrimination is because of those same Christian beliefs. No one believes it's the "atheists" who demanded that Prom Night be canceled to stop children they don't "approve of" from attending. Nice people.

Miss. school prom off after lesbian's date request - Yahoo! News

The School District solved the problem they had with the attendance of the gay students. Leaving the ACLU with nothing to do.

Ohh and by the way? High School students do NOT have all the rights of adults. This has been legislated and approved by the Supreme Court on more then one occasion.

As to the specific claim the gay students have no Constitutional right to violate school board rules and regulations. I would agree with the school board. Their constituents do NOT want gays at sponsored events like this. The Board is elected. By canceling official participation they leave the ACLU with no where to go. And they meet the demands of their electorate.

It's a public school. This directly violates the Constitution. But since you love hating the Constitution you love the decision.

The Itawamba County school district's policy requires that senior prom dates be of the opposite sex. What part of that is hard to understand? It should also be noted that a public school is not obligated to host a high school prom. Fact is, this is just another lame attempt by homosexuals to validate an abominable lifestyle which is rejected by most fair minded Americans. When a liberal state such as California strikes down homosexual marriage, that ought to be a sign that most folks don't agree with such a lifestyle. The only weapon you homosexuals have is to call someone that doesn't agree with you homophobic. That label as well as the "racist" label is quickly losing it's effectiveness.

I wish to congratulate you on finding something you can beat like a dead horse. Beats debating. :eusa_whistle:

You and rdean are trying to 'debate' with unsubstantiated bullshit... you just don't like being called on it

Forum List

Back