Mission...? Accomplished...?

I didn't realize we had handed our country over to the north Vietnamese CSM.

When did that happen?

When the anti-war movement surrendered, then again when the Congress cut off funding for the South Vietnamese. The same thing is going to happen in Iraq. We did it when we withdrew from Lebanon and again when we quit in Somalia. The left has surrendered this country more times than most folks realize.

The US has become a nation filled with folks who stand for nothing because it's all "relative". Personal responsibility, loyalty, honor, courage, truth, patriotism, morality and a few other choice words representing laudible concepts have all become victims of political correctness.

When the anti-war movement surrendered, then again when the Congress cut off funding for the South Vietnamese. The same thing is going to happen in Iraq. We did it when we withdrew from Lebanon and again when we quit in Somalia. The left has surrendered this country more times than most folks realize.

So exactly when did the north Vietnamese move into Washington DC and officially "take over" our country?

The US has become a nation filled with folks who stand for nothing because it's all "relative". Personal responsibility, loyalty, honor, courage, truth, patriotism, morality and a few other choice words representing laudible concepts have all become victims of political correctness.

The US has also become a nation full of cowardly pseudo-patriots like yourself who throw around hollow terms like these without any idea of what they mean!

So exactly when did the north Vietnamese move into Washington DC and officially "take over" our country?

The US has also become a nation full of cowardly pseudo-patriots like yourself who throw around hollow terms like these without any idea of what they mean!

Or ones like these. It has become a place where you are either "with us" or "evil". Both sides attempt to say the other is somehow "unamerican" using words like "pseudo-patriot"...

Fourth Gen warfare is based on the fact that a free media will report the negatives and take the will to proceed from the stronger nation.

They didn't have to occupy the US...they got evrything they wanted when folks like you capitulated.

By the way, I lived every of those words every day for thirty years (got the scars to prove it too)...still do. Exactly how long have YOU been serving our country?

I cant believe this has not been addresses on this site by now, But the "Mission Accopmplished" banner hanging on the ship was refering to that paticular ships mission for the initial attack... NOT THE WAR!.
The Liberal press and youself (unknowingly I'm sure) have since taken it out of context to the point where it is now hurting our troops and inspiring the insurgents... Who's side are they (Our Press) on?

No WMD's?????

I happen to be personnal friends with a Russian Doctor living in the states that insists he was on a submarine that docked in Syria and was loaded with WMD's removed from Iraq just before the invaision. Some of the crew were infected from mishandling ... That is how he was made aware of the cargo... He has nothing to gain by lying...

Food for thought anyway.
This post was so bad that it's good.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/04/30/speech.anniversary/
"Some months later, when questioned about the "Mission Accomplished" banner, Bush said it was put up by the ship's crew. But the White House later conceded it produced and paid for the banner as part of the president's visit."

Yes, of course the banner was solely intended for the crew of the Lincoln. The President just happened to stand directly under the sign that his White House paid for, made, and transported to the site, which he does for all aircraft carriers. Oh wait!

However, I'm glad to hear that your "Russian doctor" knows The Secret of Saddam's Stockpile (nice title, no?). And, because we all trust the personal anecdotes of the friend of an anonymous person on the internet, I'm glad you've cleared up the matter.
Here's a link to a couple of government agencies I'm sure would be more than interested in the information you have. Why not give them a call?
www.cia.gov
www.whitehouse.gov
http://foreignaffairs.house.gov/
http://homeland.house.gov/
http://intelligence.house.gov/
http://intelligence.senate.gov/
http://armed-services.senate.gov/
http://www.dhs.gov/xinfoshare/
http://www.fbi.gov/contact/fo/fo.htm
http://www.ap.org/pages/contact/contact.html

I guess you didn't read the article and link I posted in another thread (interview with an NVA general). He specifically cited the carpet bombing as being most effective and attributes the NVA victory to the anti-war movement. Somebody did learn from history and they are the enemies of the US. In particular, they learned that they don't have to defeat the US militarily, they just have to get the libs to start whining and *presto* they get handed a victory by folks who want to hand over this country to every whacko that comes along.

No I didn't read it, didn't even know the thread was there. I now need to read it.

Now on your second point - about defeating the US "militarily". Your mistake and that of so many others is to see militarism as a end in itself. The military is just a tool of foreign policy. The politicians own the military, they tell it what to do (but not how to do it). The North Vietnamese knew they were fighting a nation not just a military. They won.

It really has nothing to do with what is going on in Iraq. It's the politcal war here at home against Bush and anything he does. It's been relentless, disregarded the nation for partisan politics, and has divided us as a people.

Our military is second to none, unless you put in on the defense. Then it's the same as the rest.

I'm for putting pressure on the government of Iraq and making it and the people of Iraq step up and take over policing their own nation.

I am NOT for announcing an arbitrary date and time of withdrawal that suits a bullshit political agenda.

Bush has only himself to blame. If he was competent and credible he wouldn't be having the monstrous problems with his administration he has today. The folks are just pointing out the bleedin' obvious.

No I didn't read it, didn't even know the thread was there. I now need to read it.

Now on your second point - about defeating the US "militarily". Your mistake and that of so many others is to see militarism as a end in itself. The military is just a tool of foreign policy. The politicians own the military, they tell it what to do (but not how to do it). The North Vietnamese knew they were fighting a nation not just a military. They won.

I do not see militarism as an end to itself...you are taking my comments out of context. You are correct in that the North Vietnamese won because they fought the propaganda war far better than we...as it says in the interview I posted, their rear was not vulnerable and ours was...thanks to the anti war bunch and the media. The terrorists will win for the very same reasons.

I do not see militarism as an end to itself...you are taking my comments out of context. You are correct in that the North Vietnamese won because they fought the propaganda war far better than we...as it says in the interview I posted, their rear was not vulnerable and ours was...thanks to the anti war bunch and the media. The terrorists will win for the very same reasons.

No the insurgents will win in Iraq because the occupation has failed.

If I was Bush, I wouldn't let Democrats dictate my actions by tying riders onto funding bills. That's BS.

Maybe he should re-invent the line-item veto? The one that worked so well for Clinton and THEN was declared unconstitutional after he was done with it?

Face it bully, no one is going to buy your theory so long as the Dem's agenda in regard to the funding bill is so transparent.

After the Washington Post reported Dems were going to give up on their surrender date, the Dems has been in full spin mode

Now, if Dems really cared about the troops they could pass a clean funding bill and stop thinking about the 08 election

After the Washington Post reported Dems were going to give up on their surrender date, the Dems has been in full spin mode

Now, if Dems really cared about the troops they could pass a clean funding bill and stop thinking about the 08 election

You obviously don't know what you're talking about RSR.

This is not a "win or loose" situation for Dems.

Their goal was to force Bush into a compromise and it worked.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/0504/p02s01-uspo.html

Then why is White Flag Harry saying Dems are going to pick up seats in the House and Senate with their surrender bill?

He said it - so it is not part of the "right wing hate machine"

I was listening to an interview on BBC World Service radio with Senator Sam Brownback and his view was, I think (I was going through a McDonald's drive-through at the time, damn Yankee Imperialists :lol: ) was that Iraq needs to be a federated nation of three states. I thought that was a pretty good point.

Interesting bloke by the way - a very complex man, even though I disagreed with his points on some social issues I think he'd probably make a pretty good president.

Bush has only himself to blame. If he was competent and credible he wouldn't be having the monstrous problems with his administration he has today. The folks are just pointing out the bleedin' obvious.

Hardly. While I'd never go so far as to say Bush was perfect in every way, one of the worst political smear campaigns I've ever seen has hurt him WAY more than anything he has done or not done.

Compromise to a liberal is when the Republican gives up everything he/she wants and gives the liberal everything they want

In this case that will not happen. The Dems are the ones screwing the troops - and they will cave

I was listening to an interview on BBC World Service radio with Senator Sam Brownback and his view was, I think (I was going through a McDonald's drive-through at the time, damn Yankee Imperialists :lol: ) was that Iraq needs to be a federated nation of three states. I thought that was a pretty good point.

Interesting bloke by the way - a very complex man, even though I disagreed with his points on some social issues I think he'd probably make a pretty good president.

The most glaring problem with that idea is which one of the three gets the oil?

Hardly. While I'd never go so far as to say Bush was perfect in every way, one of the worst political smear campaigns I've ever seen has hurt him WAY more than anything he has done or not done.

I'm judging him by his actions Gunny. The days after 9/11 I saw him on Fox (I had cable then) and thought, good for you, now go and get the bastards that did it. Truly until then he didn't figure on my radar (apart from my mate from Georgetown Tx who pointed out he Governor's Mansion and gave him a verbal spray one afternoon as we went past in his Suburban - I still think he was kidding when he told me the DPS Mansion Guards would shoot on sight). Gunny, seriously, he screwed the pooch as you Americans say. He may have listened to Five Deferments Cheney but he still put that little pooch in the family way.

Forum List

Back