Mission...? Accomplished...?

No......

Any death that "occurs" to the troops is on the head of George Bush because he sent them off to fight a war that can't be won and shouldn't have been started in the first place.

Why is it so easy for Cons to substitute a short memory for a clean conscience?

How do you know it cant be won? You havent even been willing to fight it. Every time we try you fight us tooth and nail.

No, the blood is on your hands. Not ours. We are the ones supporting the troops.

and btw, we dont have to substitute anything for a clean conscience. We have one. We're the ones trying to actually beat these evil men. Wish I could say the same for you.

How do you know it cant be won? You havent even been willing to fight it. Every time we try you fight us tooth and nail.

How is it that you believe you're "fighting" terrorism when all you really do is mindlessly support your political party which supports policies that the Iraq Survey Group and our own C.I.A. says only fuel terrorism?

No, the blood is on your hands. Not ours. We are the ones supporting the troops..

Yeah right!

That line wore out for Conservatives long ago. You pay all kinds of lip service to some kind of "support" you alledgedly give to our troops but the reality of it is it's just a bunch of hot air.

You are a discgrace to your nation and to the troops because you have turned your back on the most basic duty we as Americans have. That is the duty to hold our elected officials accountable for the mistakes they make.

Instead you seem to think you have some kind of duty to defend this administration at all cost no matter how many of America's finest you have to sacrifice for your cause.

Disgusting!

Been drinking the kool-aid, haven't you. That was pretty much what Dana Perrino, substitute White House spokes-liar had to say on the matter. Bush clearly stated that "Major military operations" in Iraq were over, done, finished. Four years later , we are still there, conducting major military operations.

As for you WMD claims, care to provide some verifiable documentation to back them up? Didn't think so.

Typical liberal

A) You live lies, and accuse everyone else of being liars... Its quite funny actually
As far as "Major operations" for the most part, the air strikes were over, Bagdad was taken, the Iraqi army was crushed... The only thing left were the insurgents that people like you support and fuel in thier efforts to kill our children with your anti American rhetoric day in and day out.

B) As far as Wmd Verifiable documentation. I have to take the man for his word. But I believe he would tell you, the Dead infected soldiers were proof enough for him.
Funny thing about liberals A doctor from Russia on a ship loaded with WMD's is unbelievable and a liar, but a waitress tells you sucking the brains out of a 7 month old fetus is then chopping the poor childs head off is not murder. is above board and acceptable...

C) As far as me having another drink... I think I might right after this post!
But what do you think of this... I believe people on public assistance (welfare, unemployment) should be subjected to drug testing just like working men and women... Hmmm I wonder how that would affect your lazy liberal community... Think of all the money we could save not paying 95% of those lazy bastards...

Dont panic you'll still get you check this week!!!

Ameerica's enemies want the US to stay in Iraq. The longer the so-called "surge" the more damage to the US military. They are applauding the pathological stubborness of your president.

Ameerica's enemies want the US to stay in Iraq. The longer the so-called "surge" the more damage to the US military. They are applauding the pathological stubborness of your president.

Damn them Ameericans!

The U.S.'s enemies are applauding the Democratic Congress even more vigorously because they know that is the entity that will enable them to win in Iraq.

And just what might that Agenda be? Extricating our troops from the midst of a civil war which this administration, through its own arrogance, inserted them into seems a worthy endeavor to me.

After all, in 1999, when Chimpy was running for the Presidency, he did cite the importance of time lines for withdrawal with regards to Kosovo...

<blockquote>“Victory means exit strategy, and it’s important for the president to explain to us what the exit strategy is.” - George W. Bush, 4/9/99</blockquote>

And,

<blockquote>“I think it’s also important for the president to lay out a timetable as to how long they will be involved and when they will be withdrawn.” - George W. Bush, 6/5/99</blockquote>

He has presented no exit strategy, much less any other strategy for Iraq, nor has he stated just how long our troops will continue to die in Iraq. He has left US involvement in Iraq a completely open ended commitment, unwilling to even consider simple benchmarks for the Iraqi government to reach for continued US involvement. His ego won't allow it. How many more must die as a salve to Bush's ego? HOW MANY?

I've already addressed this previously in this thread.

According to you Bush wants to keep the timeline a secret because he doesn't want the enemy to know.

Enemy: Boy that Bush sure suprised us when he announced a withdraw. Looks like we'll all just have to go home. Didn't see this withdraw coming. Took us by suprise I tell ya; now what do we do?.

No, according to me, Bush could have a timeline, and keeping it secret would makes perfectly logical sense.

Not very up on strategy and/or tactics, are you?

How about: Bush id pulling out this date. We'll lay off and make just enough fuss to ensure veryone we're still around, then cut loose the day after.

The only thing you have going for your argument is so far, the Islamofascists appear to be as tactically "sound" as you.:rolleyes:

Typical liberal

A) You live lies, and accuse everyone else of being liars... Its quite funny actually
As far as "Major operations" for the most part, the air strikes were over, Bagdad was taken, the Iraqi army was crushed... The only thing left were the insurgents that people like you support and fuel in thier efforts to kill our children with your anti American rhetoric day in and day out.

I don't believe I called you a 'liar'. I merely made the observation that you're repeating the lies of the Bush administration. I gave you the benefit of the doubt for your ignorance, assuming it was unintentional.

B) As far as Wmd Verifiable documentation. I have to take the man for his word. But I believe he would tell you, the Dead infected soldiers were proof enough for him.
Funny thing about liberals A doctor from Russia on a ship loaded with WMD's is unbelievable and a liar, but a waitress tells you sucking the brains out of a 7 month old fetus is then chopping the poor childs head off is not murder. is above board and acceptable...

Abortion has nothing to do with the discussion at hand except as it highlights the fact that you got nothin'. Show me some documentation that Iraqi WMD's were trans-shipped to Syria on a ship...Oh, wait a minute...I thought it was a submarine!?! At least keep your stories straight. As for your doctor 'friend', until you provide documentation, your claims remain where they belong...on the lunatic fringe of conspiracy theories.

C) As far as me having another drink... I think I might right after this post!
But what do you think of this... I believe people on public assistance (welfare, unemployment) should be subjected to drug testing just like working men and women... Hmmm I wonder how that would affect your lazy liberal community... Think of all the money we could save not paying 95&#37; of those lazy bastards...

You really need to develop a keener sense for insults. Again, the issue you've raised is but a pathetic attempt to change the subject, with the added implication that I, and all liberals, are on the dole. You couldn't keep up with me at work, particularly when a patient is coding. And my liberal friends work just as hard. So fold your half-assed generalizations five ways and stick them where the sun never shines...right next to your head.

Dont panic you'll still get you check this week!!!

See above. Dismissed.

And just what might that Agenda be? Extricating our troops from the midst of a civil war which this administration, through its own arrogance, inserted them into seems a worthy endeavor to me.

After all, in 1999, when Chimpy was running for the Presidency, he did cite the importance of time lines for withdrawal with regards to Kosovo...

<blockquote>“Victory means exit strategy, and it’s important for the president to explain to us what the exit strategy is.” - George W. Bush, 4/9/99</blockquote>

And,

<blockquote>“I think it’s also important for the president to lay out a timetable as to how long they will be involved and when they will be withdrawn.” - George W. Bush, 6/5/99</blockquote>

He has presented no exit strategy, much less any other strategy for Iraq, nor has he stated just how long our troops will continue to die in Iraq. He has left US involvement in Iraq a completely open ended commitment, unwilling to even consider simple benchmarks for the Iraqi government to reach for continued US involvement. His ego won't allow it. How many more must die as a salve to Bush's ego? HOW MANY?

You are correct in the fact Bush has presented no exit strategy. If you and I play poker, rest assured you will not see my hand either until I'm raking in the pile.

The latest game of semantics: calling troop withdrawal deadlines "benchmarks."

My point is that geewhiz automatically presumed that because Bush has not presented an exit strategy, that he doesn't have one, and is stating so as if it is fact. It his his opinion, nothing more.

Personally, I think this whole three ring circus is a joke. From attempting to misquote Bush's "mission accomplished" declaration as a statement Iraq was a done deal when it was obviously referring to the military invasion phase, to the short-sighted, instant gratification-minded Americans who can't focus on a goal for 10 minutes and if the going gets tough, it's time to bail.

This was NEVER presented as anything that was going to happen fast. Anyone with a critical and rational-thinking mind would understand it would take 10-20 years to transform Iraq into a democracy.

And I'll tell you where Iraq parallels Vietnam ... the most formidable military in the history of the world is being brought to their knees not by their opponents in the field, but by bullshit partisan politics HERE on US soil.

...And I'll tell you where Iraq parallels Vietnam ... the most formidable military in the history of the world is being brought to their knees not by their opponents in the field, but by bullshit partisan politics HERE on US soil.

Exactly!!!!

Damn them Ameericans!

The U.S.'s enemies are applauding the Democratic Congress even more vigorously because they know that is the entity that will enable them to win in Iraq.

They've won, it's just a matter of time. Bush is now revising his definition of "winning". Again.

.........And I'll tell you where Iraq parallels Vietnam ... the most formidable military in the history of the world is being brought to their knees not by their opponents in the field, but by bullshit partisan politics HERE on US soil.

Yes the parallels with Vietnam - a failure -are strikingly similar to Iraq - a failure in progress. Westmoreland called for more and more troops and kept doing the same thing again and again. He failed. Petraeus has called for more troops and is doing the same thing again and again....matter of time.

It's not just our foreign enemies that learned the lessons of VietNam!

Don't tell me you think the US did. Obviously not, given that, as Gunny just pointed out, the parallels between Iraq and Vietnam are so similar. Vietnam was a failure for the US - military and politically. You simply can't fight insurgents, you don't have the know how. Your strategy and tactics in dealing with insurgents are all over the place. Carpet bombing isn't a good tactic, for example. Didn't work in Vietnam, can't be used in Iraq. You really should learn from history. Very few conventional military campaigns conducted against insurgents work. I think perhaps the Malaya campaign by the British Commonwealth forces may have been one, although there's some doubt about it being described as as proper insurgency.

Yes the parallels with Vietnam - a failure -are strikingly similar to Iraq - a failure in progress. Westmoreland called for more and more troops and kept doing the same thing again and again. He failed. Petraeus has called for more troops and is doing the same thing again and again....matter of time.

It really has nothing to do with what is going on in Iraq. It's the politcal war here at home against Bush and anything he does. It's been relentless, disregarded the nation for partisan politics, and has divided us as a people.

Our military is second to none, unless you put in on the defense. Then it's the same as the rest.

I'm for putting pressure on the government of Iraq and making it and the people of Iraq step up and take over policing their own nation.

I am NOT for announcing an arbitrary date and time of withdrawal that suits a bullshit political agenda.

.......Face it bully, no one is going to buy your theory so long as the Dem's agenda in regard to the funding bill is so transparent.

Yeah, god forbid, the dems would actually want to end this quagmire. I was wondering where all the bush apologists were. It seems I've found you.

Don't tell me you think the US did. Obviously not, given that, as Gunny just pointed out, the parallels between Iraq and Vietnam are so similar. Vietnam was a failure for the US - military and politically. You simply can't fight insurgents, you don't have the know how. Your strategy and tactics in dealing with insurgents are all over the place. Carpet bombing isn't a good tactic, for example. Didn't work in Vietnam, can't be used in Iraq. You really should learn from history. Very few conventional military campaigns conducted against insurgents work. I think perhaps the Malaya campaign by the British Commonwealth forces may have been one, although there's some doubt about it being described as as proper insurgency.

I guess you didn't read the article and link I posted in another thread (interview with an NVA general). He specifically cited the carpet bombing as being most effective and attributes the NVA victory to the anti-war movement. Somebody did learn from history and they are the enemies of the US. In particular, they learned that they don't have to defeat the US militarily, they just have to get the libs to start whining and *presto* they get handed a victory by folks who want to hand over this country to every whacko that comes along.

I guess you didn't read the article and link I posted in another thread (interview with an NVA general). He specifically cited the carpet bombing as being most effective and attributes the NVA victory to the anti-war movement. Somebody did learn from history and they are the enemies of the US. In particular, they learned that they don't have to defeat the US militarily, they just have to get the libs to start whining and *presto* they get handed a victory by folks who want to hand over this country to every whacko that comes along.

I didn't realize we had handed our country over to the north Vietnamese CSM.

When did that happen?

Forum List

Back